[9/18/15] Spacecraft Friday: The Late Edition!

pTrevTrevs

kn81KUd.jpg

Well, here it is, only 3 hours later than it's planned release time. For this week, I've selected five outstanding craft to be specially featured for all to see. For the sake of fairness, I have not chosen more than one craft from any specific creator. Also, I regret to say that due to time constraints, I have been unable to test any of these craft.

Who are you to decide this, I hear you asking, and here's the answer: No one. I am official in any way, shape, or form. If you're unhappy with my decision, we can work something out. This is just my opinion, since there's no objective way to judge "Quality" of crafts.

If anyone feels that their craft is missed because of any kind of time-zone difference, or any kind of difference in when spacecraft fridays is put up, tell me.

If your craft is really good and was made before, and someone posts in it within that week, then it will be considered. Just to clarify, I am not encouraging necros for the sake of bumping your craft.

Alright, enough formalities, let's get on to the list.

{AMRSD} High-roller 45m/s 100MPH mega truck by Mad Rocket Scientist

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/134607-AMRSD-High-roller-45m-s-100MPH-mega-truck

IlDNv6H.png

Our friendly neighborhood Mad Rocket Scientist has done it again, with this behemoth (Is it even small enough to be called a truck?) vehicle. It's been rated at 45 m/s and makes quite an impressive sight with its gargantuan wheels. Well done, MRS, let me tell you, it was tough bumping this down to #5.

'Inexorable'- a pint sized Star Destroyer by FlipNascar

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/134238-Inexorable-a-pint-sized-Star-Destroyer

gb03z2R.png

FlipNascar has given us his tiny take on one of the most iconic spaceships. This tiny ion powered Star Destroyer can take you just about anywhere. It's so

small, you can squeeze it in a Mk3 Cargo Bay! Head on over to his thread and pound FlipNascar with suggestions for other ship names that begin with "I"

Crapahoola Synthesizer by Azimech

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/134581-Crapahoola-Synthesizer-The-first-musical-instrument-made-inside-KSP

We've seen boats, cars, zeppelins, and even houses in KSP, but Azimech has built for us what appears to be the very first musical instrument in KSP. It requires the Rover Wheel Sounds Mod, but it's still an amazing piece of work. Well done, you make me feel even more inept with this masterpiece!

WWII Messerschmitt Me 262 A-1a "Schwalbe by Columbia

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/134403-WWII-Messerschmitt-Me-262-A-1a-Schwalbe

ptpRDUY.png

Ah, the Me-262, the world's first operational jet fighter, and one of the hardest craft to replicate in KSP. Columbia here has managed to create the most accurate looking Me-262 I've seen, and he even plans to add rockets and bombs to it! It was a remarkably hard decision between this and our #1 craft.

Gear Engine Thingy by Redshift OTF

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/134210-Gear-engine-thingy

tc2zKyO.jpg

The moment I laid eyes on this monstrosity, I was completely blown away. The idea of KSP's part system was to avoid all the delicate engineering work, but Redshift OTF has insisted on doing delicate engineering work himself! This craft doesn't appear practical in any way, but it is simply amazing. Go check out the thread for this thing and give him some well earned rep!

Before I wrap this up (it's taken me nearly an hour to write this much), I would like to share a few Honorable Mentions. These craft were taken into consideration but didn't quite make the final cut. They don't appear to be bad craft by any means, so I want to give them a small shoutout:

Realism Overhaul low tech Aircraft by Randazzo

Some spiffy planes made for use in Realism Overhaul

Elara Shuttle by jumpzakjump

This is a cool looking SSTO (I think) that looks just like a Space Shuttle Orbiter

ALRM1 by Azimech

This is a car/boat/plane that can drive or sail all around Kerbin thanks to its mining equipment. This didn't get in the list because another of Azimech's craft was already #3.

I hope you guys like my selections for this week. I also hope that you can forgive me for being so ridiculously late in uploading this. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to actually play some games instead of writing about people's achievements in a game! :D

Enjoy!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.