Overclocking isn't working.

Sabazi

I'm not sure if this is the right section for this, but I'm having trouble with trying to overclock with KSP. I'm trying to use Intel's extreme tuning utility to make KSP a bit more playable. I've used the app-profile pairing to pair KSP with a CPU profile that should basically force the computer to overclock one core while letting the others idle. It worked, with the single core getting up to 3.2 GHz, but only while KSP was loading. Once the game loaded it dropped back down to 2.4 GHz, though it still only seems to have one core active. There's no improvement in my fps. Does anyone have an idea about what's going on?

If you get low FPS with a craft that has less than 5 parts, it's your graphics card that's the problem. But if you have smooth high fps with 10-20 parts and it only gets slower the more parts you add, then its your CPU.

I'm not sure if this is the right section for this, but I'm having trouble with trying to overclock with KSP. I'm trying to use Intel's extreme tuning utility to make KSP a bit more playable. I've used the app-profile pairing to pair KSP with a CPU profile that should basically force the computer to overclock one core while letting the others idle. It worked, with the single core getting up to 3.2 GHz, but only while KSP was loading. Once the game loaded it dropped back down to 2.4 GHz, though it still only seems to have one core active. There's no improvement in my fps. Does anyone have an idea about what's going on?

I am always suspicious of "profiles" wherever they may appear.

The first thing I would try would be to generally overclock the system, not via a profile or specifying cores, but just up the clockspeed of the whole thing. If it still reverts back during KSP then its above my paygrade :)

This isn't really asking for support for KSP, and I don't think it's right to imply that Squad somehow supports, even if we are volunteers, overclocking which has the potential to damage your hardware.

Moving this to Space Lounge, good luck but I'd recommend against this.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.