Space Shuttle [SSP] for KSP

Mike-NZ

Good job. Can't give you more rep yet argh.

Also since its dds texture does it not matter that much? Not sure.

I managed to save a couple of mb's, I think it reduced by more than 50%. Is dds the biggest one? Wich one are you using?

- - - Updated - - -

Hmm TGA may be better to reduce size. I will see what I can do.

It is possible:) Yesterday I doking to shuttle airlock using only Canadaarm ( with my modification- rotation) :) But: it is too difficult:( May need extend doking range shuttle airlock?

I just did it with the new arm. I'm compiling a tutorial movie right now, wil upload the complet package when finished. Probably within 2 hours.

Realy nice work!! Thank you!!!!!!!:D

c87ca93e1b8f.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I was looking your video.. How you attach Shoulder to wall in cargo bay? I can`t do that... I don see in my cargo bay shuttle green sphera, which I could attach a Shoulder.

In your video it is moment on 0:34

I can`t do that... My cargo bay don`t have this attach point :(

Edited by Irenicus

Thank you! As always, I will waiting :)

And I have another problem: if put in cargo bay Shuttle heavy module (as Unity-1), your fuel is will end BEFORE you get the orbit :( Not enough fuel if fly with heavy module :(( If your cargo bay is empty - all ok :( Try it... And you understand me... Ofcouse, you have else OSM engines, but when monopropelant will end before you begin you maneuver for dock

(Without RSS and RO)

Edited by Irenicus

https://github.com/Jeast85/Canadarm/releases/latest

Here you go! Let me know how it works out.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you! As always, I will waiting :)

And I have another problem: if put in cargo bay Shuttle heavy module (as Unity-1), your fuel is will end BEFORE you get the orbit :( Not enough fuel if fly with heavy module :(( If your cargo bay is empty - all ok :( Try it... And you understand me... Ofcouse, you have else OSM engines, but when monopropelant will end before you begin you maneuver for dock

That is a problem for Mike, but by the sound of it I think you have placed the Fuel Dump Valve OMS instead of the OMS engine. Check this.

https://github.com/Jeast85/Canadarm/releases/latest

Here you go! Let me know how it works out.

- - - Updated - - -

That is a problem for Mike, but by the sound of it I think you have placed the Fuel Dump Valve OMS instead of the OMS engine. Check this.

I will add this node to the mod, jeast. If thats ok.

And add this video to the release page 1.

Dont remember if I asked, could I add arm to the mod?

ok so it has more fuel, tail fixed and did this:

so in addition to making the ascent last longer, I added extra jettison engines to the bottom of the boosters:

and did some remodeling

Javascript is disabled. View full album

- - - Updated - - -

now the SRB's separate better and don't flip out right away

Edited by Mike-NZ

Oooo!!! SRB good get down!!! At last:))) Thank you, Mike!:)

And some question: in your KSP, the shuttle stable when takeoff and climb? Because if I want will meet with another ship on orbit, I can not just go into another ship orbit. The shuttle moving left right, up and down. So the deviation is 18-20 degrees:((( After I must burning fuel for that would become equal the orbit.

If you can't understand me, I can get video :)) Sorry, it is my bad English:(((

Oooo!!! SRB good get down!!! At last:))) Thank you, Mike!:)

And some question: in your KSP, the shuttle stable when takeoff and climb? Because if I want will meet with another ship on orbit, I can not just go into another ship orbit. The shuttle moving left right, up and down. So the deviation is 18-20 degrees:((( After I must burning fuel for that would become equal the orbit.

If you can't understand me, I can get video :)) Sorry, it is my bad English:(((

You mean the oscillation during ascent. It tries to adjust its direction when going up. I will try make it stable so it wont wobble going up.

Exactly! That's what I mean:)) Well, I will waiting your fix and information.

Maybe it's happening because the ship gets less weight ? Fuel is burning and mass of the ship less?

When you start takeoff and climb the shuttle is stable. But if you start gravity turn or turn to orbit for meeting for another ship- shuttle begins moving left and right, up and down. You must hard using your keyboard for get him back to stable againe:( as result - many fuel is burn, and different orbit with another ship is 18-20 degrees:(

And Mike, where I can get new version with SRB fix?

faf57f101cc0.jpg

I was build this ISS using Shuttle Discovery and Canadaarm :)) Thank you Mike and Jeast :) I will continie bulding ISS :)

Edited by Irenicus

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.