Kerbin *SPOILERS*

Mrmisquito

Nomenklature

Fixed. ;)

In my opinion, both are bad. The main accomplishment of the RP 'community' that I saw, from over here on the sidelines, was managing to be so loud, aggressive and obnoxious that the forum mods had to step in, shut them down, and forbid them from ever starting it up again.

Funny thing is, I actually like roleplaying and fiction, when it\'s good and well-organized. You\'re not going to get that from a bunch of squalling kids staking out claims and playing 'my make-believe country can beat up yours.' I\'m also not inclined to respect and reward such behavior by putting those names on the official, permanent map.

Whilst the K names are humorous, I don\'t like the idea of them being canon.

But I don\'t want us to be the ones that name it either.

I\'d be happier if Squad does it, I want to explore their world and see through their eyes. I think I\'ll enjoy the game more that way.

Seconded. I think that the way the Kommunity (see what I did there? ::)) is heading is going to result in Kerbol becoming a clone of our solar system with duplicate names etc. I\'d prefer it be as distanced from ours as possible, down to the point where even the structure and make-up of the solar system is different, eg when interplanetary missions are created, the nearest planet not bear any similarities to Mars. However, we can talk about this for hours, but ultimately it is up to Squad, thankfully.

I vote for a silver based planet rather than an iron one. What colour does that oxidise to?

Ag2O is normally a cubic crystalline structure that is dark brown/black in colour, it looks like very fine sand or even gunpowder. The colour would be too close to that of the Mun I think.

How did this post go from secrets on Kerbin to what metals are in it?

We\'re not discussing the metals in Kerbin, we\'re hypothesising about the possible chemical make-ups of the next planet in the Solar System.

Regardless, you can see the thread derailment by reading previous posts, I think the thread went in quite a good direction, it would be interesting to see what people think the next planet should be like. :)

There\'s one on Kerbin about 1km away from the runway at 10 o\'clock, assuming the starting direction and position of the runway is 12 o\'clock.

Only noobs use the K\'s and call it Kearth. When you start to play the game more, get better and turn into not-so-much-noob, that\'s when you realize how retarded all that 'K' shit is.

They\'ll learn eventually.

Agreed. Why do they think it\'s Kearth? Kerbin is always listed as the planet, the map view says Kerbin. I don\'t get it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.