[STOCK] The Legendary Warbirds of World War II (Aircraft Pack) [Most Recent: Mitsubishi A6M2 Zero]

Columbia

It's a Lavochkin La-5, La-GG3 with a Shvetsov Ash82 radial engine. Still primarily wooden construction so mounting this powerful engine wasn't directly the result they hoped for.

The big breakthrough came with the La-5FN, which had a more metal construction, bubble style canopy and mechanical fuel injection, it was a major threat to both the Fw-190 and Bf-109.

Then in 1944 came the La-7, which was at least equal and often superior over every German airplane in low and mid altitudes, Ivan Kozhedub even shot down an Me-262 with one.

IF you ever try IL2-1946, you'll learn much more of WW2 fighters. Still a marvelous product after all these years.

..Ah. So that's what selfish_meme meant.

I still don't know any aircraft in the OP that have incorrect tapering, can you be more specific?

- - - Updated - - -

Also, may I ask, what aircraft is that? I practically have no knowledge on Soviet war aircraft, sorry.

The taper is the width difference between the body and the tail, so the tail tapers from the body to the tail, its cross section getting smaller as it goes. I think your BF110's taper is too sharp, so the tail is angled too sharply. It should be a more gentle taper, which probably means the central body is too long. I was mistaken about the top edge being straight, but it's not far off straight.

It's a Lavochkin La-5, La-GG3 with a Shvetsov Ash82 radial engine. Still primarily wooden construction so mounting this powerful engine wasn't directly the result they hoped for.

The big breakthrough came with the La-5FN, which had a more metal construction, bubble style canopy and mechanical fuel injection, it was a major threat to both the Fw-190 and Bf-109.

Then in 1944 came the La-7, which was at least equal and often superior over every German airplane in low and mid altitudes, Ivan Kozhedub even shot down an Me-262 with one.

IF you ever try IL2-1946, you'll learn much more of WW2 fighters. Still a marvelous product after all these years.

Thanks for the info, I haven't tried IL-2 although I heard a lot about it and watched some of it's videos.

The taper is the width difference between the body and the tail, so the tail tapers from the body to the tail, its cross section getting smaller as it goes. I think your BF110's taper is too sharp, so the tail is angled too sharply. It should be a more gentle taper, which probably means the central body is too long. I was mistaken about the top edge being straight, but it's not far off straight.

Good point about the tail -- I used Mk3 parts the first time as I was planning to make it look thinner, but it was too huge. And when I used the fairings, that's the smallest angle they can get before being basically straight. (Their limits are really bothering)

If you do know any ways I can do so to make the entire fuselage taper like that, please inform me. Otherwise, making the entire fuselage out of wing parts is beyond my limits. I'm trying to aim for both aesthetics and playability.

If you do know any ways I can do so to make the entire fuselage taper like that, please inform me. Otherwise, making the entire fuselage out of wing parts is beyond my limits. I'm trying to aim for both aesthetics and playability.

You are doing it OK, the tail may need to be longer and straighter.

You are doing it OK, the tail may need to be longer and straighter.

The thing is, that's about as straight the fairings can get before being completely straight, and it's frustrating.

Although I just noticed that the tail was incorrectly angled-- It should have a flat top, as you said.

Since a lot of people seemed to be interested in my helicopter stories that I mentioned here a few days ago, I started a thread for helicopter discussion in the Space Lounge. This may be off topic, but I thought I would let people here know.

Since a lot of people seemed to be interested in my helicopter stories that I mentioned here a few days ago, I started a thread for helicopter discussion in the Space Lounge. This may be off topic, but I thought I would let people here know.

Oh, interesting.

- - - Updated - - -

Next up, Sea Hurricane, Fw 190 and A6M Zero.

;_;

Since when did this become a request-a-ship thread?

Edited by Columbia

Are you questioning the aircraft I'm trying to replicate?

- - - Updated - - -

Well.. I actually have no idea.

For a less snarky response, the Sea Hurricane is the navalized version -- Having a tail hook for carrier operations.

• 3 weeks later...

With 1.0.5 out, the updating of ships will soon start for this.

It seems that they buffed the Wheesleys a lot.. I'm going to thrust limit a lot of ships, I guess.

Starting with the Bf 109...

..New images added, and new smaller engines.

• 3 weeks later...

One thing you could do to make these look cooler is by putting a Wheesely(Or however you pronounce it) on the front and turn on reverse thrust. If you put the ailerons on the front to look like propellers, then it'll look really cool. I think it would work well on the FW-190.

17 hours ago, Heckspress said:

One thing you could do to make these look cooler is by putting a Wheesely(Or however you pronounce it) on the front and turn on reverse thrust. If you put the ailerons on the front to look like propellers, then it'll look really cool. I think it would work well on the FW-190.

Thanks, but no.

The shape would definitely be off on them, especially considering most of them are inline. Many fighters have round noses, but the Wheesley is sharp.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

The following have been done in The Great Big Thread Edit Of January 2016:

-Heinkel He 111 added

-Avro Lancaster added

-Supermarine Spitfire updated

-De Havilland Mosquito added as part of "Under Development" list

-Air Forces of each country (Luftwaffe, RAF, etc.) have been added to the titles

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.