Depreciated SVE -Do Not Enter-

Nhawks17

8 hours ago, Nhawks17 said:

Is that KSP 1.1 I see?

P.S. I will be waiting for @blackrack to update scatterer before releasing an new version. Just isn't SVE without it :) 

Also, you all will be happy to hear that the disappearing cloud bug has been resolved :)

It is up, also read the changelog/last forum post, a change in the format (.raw to .half) has occurred.

2 hours ago, blackrack said:

It is up, also read the changelog/last forum post, a change in the format (.raw to .half) has occurred.

You guys are amazing, thanks for the amazing work :D 

Nhawks sorry to set a bad question but you not need a functional Kopernicus to ? if yes then pray Thomas to update that to :) atm i am keep close eye on other mod to like Texture Replacer, Ambien Light Adjustment, Distant Object, Planet Shine

2 hours ago, Blacks said:

Nhawks sorry to set a bad question but you not need a functional Kopernicus to ? if yes then pray Thomas to update that to :) atm i am keep close eye on other mod to like Texture Replacer, Ambien Light Adjustment, Distant Object, Planet Shine

You only need Kopernicus for the rings, so no. :) 

40 minutes ago, lagcity613 said:

Hehe, sitting here refreshing every 5 or so minutes, can't wait to use this without the volumetric clouds bogging down the physics so badly!

same here... :)

Edited by JoseEduardo

I test SVE v0.5.7 HR & UR with last Eve Release + default Scatter in 1.1 & all look fine, memory usage is 4 G with a peak 5 G in UR what is amazing!!! this can be used by impatient people till proper release it will be set up ;)

4 hours ago, lagcity613 said:

Hehe, sitting here refreshing every 5 or so minutes, can't wait to use this without the volumetric clouds bogging down the physics so badly!

3 hours ago, JoseEduardo said:

same here... :)

Unfortunately it won't be updated until tomorrow or Friday, super busy today so I haven't been able to work on it :(

2 hours ago, Table said:

did you update this on ckan? also is it compatible with 1.1?

See above posts

49 minutes ago, Blacks said:

I test SVE v0.5.7 HR & UR with last Eve Release + default Scatter in 1.1 & all look fine, memory usage is 4 G with a peak 5 G in UR what is amazing!!! this can be used by impatient people till proper release it will be set up ;)

Too everyone who wants to play with it now, just try this. I wouldn't see why it wouldn't work :)

1 hour ago, Nhawks17 said:

Unfortunately it won't be updated until tomorrow or Friday, super busy today so I haven't been able to work on it :(

See above posts

Too everyone who wants to play with it now, just try this. I wouldn't see why it wouldn't work :)

I downloaded it from CKAN and still no clouds, only scatterer

5 minutes ago, Table said:

I downloaded it from CKAN and still no clouds, only scatterer

The version on CKAN is old and not setup properly. Try doing what @Blacks said 3 posts above this one. Make sure you grab the prerelease version of EVE. Or you can wait until Thursday or Friday when I can get out a new update (it will not be on CKAN however).

Just now, Nhawks17 said:

The version on CKAN is old and not setup properly. Try doing what @Blacks said 3 posts above this one. Make sure you grab the prerelease version of EVE. Or you can wait until Thursday or Friday when I can get out a new update (it will not be on CKAN however).

oh ok, thanks for answering!

3 hours ago, Blacks said:

Tried this and it didnt work. I had no clouds or anything...

8 minutes ago, Avalon304 said:

I did. I just redownloaded it to see if something got corrupted in the first one...

If it doesn't work, you're likely going to have to wait until I can update it. I haven't even had the chance to sit down with it for more than 10 minutes.

4 minutes ago, Nhawks17 said:

If it doesn't work, you're likely going to have to wait until I can update it. I haven't even had the chance to sit down with it for more than 10 minutes.

Nope, the redownload worked... which is odd... because EVE had been working prior to trying this... SVE looks good though...

what is need to be done:

1. https://github.com/rbray89/EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements
DL >  AnyCPU-EVE-Release.zip
extract to your game

2. https://github.com/Nhawks1717/StockVisualEnhancements/releases
DL any version you want:
StockVisualEnhancements_0.5.7-HR.zip (The HR version is the High Resolution)
StockVisualEnhancements_0.5.7-UR.zip (The UR version is the Ultra Resolution)

Extract ONLY i say ONLY > StockVisualEnhancements < & you will be set & done
Warning!!! in case someone it will extract EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements from zip that means you will overwrite Eve what you install first step aka off course it will not work

3. in case you want more goo to: http://spacedock.info/mod/141/scatterer take it & enjoy

here 2 print screen done this morning with build id = 01174, this can be used by impatient people till proper release it will be set up
ZqwV3mO.jpg
MC6DdVu.jpg

Enjoy & Have fun

How would one go about turning down the volumetric cloud density? It's beautiful, but it makes my 970's fan ramp almost all the way up, and the coil whine when looking at clouds is pretty terrible. I didn't see anything relating to density in the cfg, but I may just be blind. Also, what should I do to keep the volumetric clouds from appearing in a 100x100km orbit? It's barely visible, and just lost performance.

Edited by lagcity613
edit

1 hour ago, lagcity613 said:

How would one go about turning down the volumetric cloud density? It's beautiful, but it makes my 970's fan ramp almost all the way up, and the coil whine when looking at clouds is pretty terrible. I didn't see anything relating to density in the cfg, but I may just be blind. Also, what should I do to keep the volumetric clouds from appearing in a 100x100km orbit? It's barely visible, and just lost performance.

If I'm remembering right it's the first number in the area line, this is under the layerVolume for their respective cloud layers. And, I'm going to look into the second issue you mentioned, I noticed this awhile ago and never got around to fixing it.