Depreciated SVE -Do Not Enter-

Nhawks17

How can I bind a texture to the surface? For example, I want to make geysers and volcanoes. For this purpose, the texture must be above the same point on the surface, but it appears each time in different locations.

25 minutes ago, Dimon said:

How can I bind a texture to the surface? For example, I want to make geysers and volcanoes. For this purpose, the texture must be above the same point on the surface, but it appears each time in different locations.

I'm not too sure myself.. If you look into Proot's KSPRC config I think his particle layer on Kerbin stays in place but I'm not sure. You can look into that and see what the config is set to.

This is in my list of mods to get when 1.1 hits, but I'd like to make a suggestion - this is something EVE also did IIRC. The mod looks great, but the cloud cover of Eve completely hides the terrain. Which is great for a Venus analog, and not great at all for actual gameplay, as in, using Trajectories to try to pinpoint a landing destination and looking at it from orbit.

1 hour ago, juanml82 said:

This is in my list of mods to get when 1.1 hits, but I'd like to make a suggestion - this is something EVE also did IIRC. The mod looks great, but the cloud cover of Eve completely hides the terrain. Which is great for a Venus analog, and not great at all for actual gameplay, as in, using Trajectories to try to pinpoint a landing destination and looking at it from orbit.

Very true words. I've been debating what to do with EVE/KSPRC for a bit of time as I haven't updated this since KSPRC v0.5 came out. It'll be doing a slight rewrite of this to accommodate for it if it's FPS hit is negligible.

10 hours ago, juanml82 said:

The clouds in SVE are actually my favorite in regards to visual overhauls. I love realism, and SVE'S clouds are the most realistic. KSPRC's and AVP's clouds are too sparse, and break the immersion for me.

11 hours ago, juanml82 said:

Don't get me wrong I understand where you're coming from, but I think it's going to stay how it is. The 2D cloud layer is semi-transparent however and if you look closely you can see details of the terrain so this might be able to help when using trajectories. 

11 hours ago, juanml82 said:

You could always land some form of rover probe as a marker to aim for with you trajectories :P 

12 hours ago, juanml82 said:

As far as I know, cloud cover is something that needs to be worked around. I would suggest you either make a few more passes over the landing zone, choose another landing zone, or have a scansat map you could look at.

Can anyone think of a way that'll let me separate the "bands" from the Jool cloud layer to something that looks nice? Right now as I have it its very rough and doesn't have any "feathering" to it and I can't think of anything to make the layers look nice. If you don't understand what I mean you can look how I have multiple Jool cloud layers in the Atmosphere folder. It's how I get the bands to rotate differently. I've included an image below showing the "bands" that I'm referring to.

Spoiler

s42rPeu.jpg

3 hours ago, Shadriss said:

Does that mean we have new blue text to worship soon? :)

Next version I put out will be the release version so not until there is a version of Scatterer and EVE that is stabler than they are right now :( Also when I figure out how to make the Jool cloud layers to not be so rough on the edges :( 

I'm having some difficulty getting clouds to show up in one of my saves. Following the instructions it's working on a blank install, but not one with other mods.

Mods are: BetterBurnTime, EnhancedNavBall, KerbalEngineer, HyperEdit, MechJeb, NavBallDockingAlignment, Docking Port Indicator, PreciseNode, RCSBuildAid, StockBugFix, Trajectories, Kerbal Alarm

I didn't think any of those would have an effect on visual effects. This is 1.0.5 windows, and I'm using the LS version.

Edit: I've determined that for some reason I can't get into the EVE menus using alt-0. In fact alt-0 does nothing at all in this install... it's strange.

Edited by CloudlessEchoes

DAMN is this amazing. Installed with Blue Harvest ENB on laptop.

List of things that happened when installed this:

1. Me:"It's okay. It's playable at 10-12 FPS"
  2. Laptop: *Fans set to max* *Screaming on inside "HELP ME"*
  3. Me: *Smells something burning* "Okay screw this ain't gonna' work on a laptop, need to wait to get to my PC"
  4. Me: *Get's really sad not being able to use the amazing SVE*

2 hours ago, CloudlessEchoes said:

I'm having some difficulty getting clouds to show up in one of my saves. Following the instructions it's working on a blank install, but not one with other mods.

Mods are: BetterBurnTime, EnhancedNavBall, KerbalEngineer, HyperEdit, MechJeb, NavBallDockingAlignment, Docking Port Indicator, PreciseNode, RCSBuildAid, StockBugFix, Trajectories, Kerbal Alarm

I didn't think any of those would have an effect on visual effects. This is 1.0.5 windows, and I'm using the LS version.

Edit: I've determined that for some reason I can't get into the EVE menus using alt-0. In fact alt-0 does nothing at all in this install... it's strange.

In your Gamedata folder is there an EnviromentalVisualEnhancement folder as well?

1 hour ago, Joco223 said:

DAMN is this amazing. Installed with Blue Harvest ENB on laptop.

List of things that happened when installed this:

1. Me:"It's okay. It's playable at 10-12 FPS"
  2. Laptop: *Fans set to max* *Screaming on inside "HELP ME"*
  3. Me: *Smells something burning* "Okay screw this ain't gonna' work on a laptop, need to wait to get to my PC"
  4. Me: *Get's really sad not being able to use the amazing SVE*

What are your PC specs? I haven't had any issues running this at 60 fps but I am running a GTX 970. I haven't seen this being too heavy on most people's frames though.

10 hours ago, CloudlessEchoes said:

Yes there is an EVE folder in there, right from your release, and it seems identical to the game instance that works. Is it possible I'm reaching a ram limit and it simply doesn't load that mod?

No, that would just cause the game to crash. Are you going into a save and seeing that they aren't there or do you just not see them on the main menu?

8 hours ago, the.fllying.ace said:

I installed this mod and it came with EVE, Scatterer, and StockVisualEnhancements. For some reason the game looks entirely the same as stock- no cloud or any changes whatsoever. Please help

Read my post above this and answer the same question :P

52 minutes ago, Joco223 said:

@Nhawks17 I play on a midrange 550 dollar laptop that runs stock KPS at 30fps low settings. My PC broke so im stuck with this for now :(

Ahh, that explains it :( Sorry to hear that :kiss:

I have tried going into a save, flying craft, etc and neither the menu or clouds appear in it.  Is there a log somewhere of what gets loaded up?

Edit: It has to be one of the mods, I added the same mods to the install that worked and now it's broken too. Now to figure out which one...

Edit2: It seems to be RCS Build Aid. If I remove it, eve menus, clouds, etc work again. What is odd is plain EVE (I've used it before) works with it installed.

Edited by CloudlessEchoes

1 hour ago, CloudlessEchoes said:

I have tried going into a save, flying craft, etc and neither the menu or clouds appear in it.  Is there a log somewhere of what gets loaded up?

Edit: It has to be one of the mods, I added the same mods to the install that worked and now it's broken too. Now to figure out which one...

Edit2: It seems to be RCS Build Aid. If I remove it, eve menus, clouds, etc work again. What is odd is plain EVE (I've used it before) works with it installed.

It might be something in the version of EVE I have bundled. The one I have bundles is a development version while the plain EVE is using an older release version. Might be something conflicting in that. I'll do testing myself and see if I can find anything and report it to the necessary people if needed. Thanks!

Edit:

Just so I have them, could you link your KSP.log and your output_log.txt file. KSP.log is in your root folder and the output_log.txt is in the KSP_Data folder 

Edited by Nhawks17

On 2/8/2016 at 4:34 AM, Nhawks17 said:

Can anyone think of a way that'll let me separate the "bands" from the Jool cloud layer to something that looks nice? Right now as I have it its very rough and doesn't have any "feathering" to it and I can't think of anything to make the layers look nice. If you don't understand what I mean you can look how I have multiple Jool cloud layers in the Atmosphere folder. It's how I get the bands to rotate differently. I've included an image below showing the "bands" that I'm referring to.

Hide contents

s42rPeu.jpg

Can't you just feather the "banded" layer in photoshop or is there something else I'm missing?