[PART, 1.0.2] Anatid Robotics / MuMech - MechJeb - Autopilot - Historical thread

r4m0n

I have a problem!

When I place my pod upside down on the rocket, mechjeb is impossible to use, especially ascent AP cause he thinks that the rocket should go other way.. Pro-retro grade is also inverted.. To go around this problem I need to make a probe pointed up and select "control from here".

It would be great if there was "invert controls" option in AAP! Is there a way to do it right now that I don't see or not?

Anytime you are building a ship with a upside down cockpit you need either a probe or docking port above it in a upright position to click and "Control From Here" that will fix the problem.

Yes, but in my case, the top of the pod was unattachable (heat shield was on top) and I designed the whole ship to looked sleek and sexy =) But then I had to create a 2-truss structure on the hull to just be able to place docking port/probe. And that is just absolutelly silly. It would be still better to have some sort of invert button.. I mean, I can fly it no problem, but mechjeb can't

I just installed 2.0.7 but there seems to be a problem. I'm getting windows removing themselves from the menu, most importantly the Delta-V and vessel info windows, and the only thing that fixes this is a complete re-install of KSP and all my mods.

This seems to happen when I edit existing probe parts to contain the,

MODULE

{

name = MechJebCore

}

Line so they function as Mechjeb cores, and then load a stock spacecraft containing one of the parts. But other than that I have no idea what's up.

One more video to show that Mechjeb 2.0 is amazing and came to stay!

But i had a minor bug on docking this time. The first i have since 2.0.7.

All other ships docking occur ok and efficient (use of RCS).

But this one, the first one i use the micro ASAS, got with no action. (10:30)

Edited by Climberfx

Yes, but in my case, the top of the pod was unattachable (heat shield was on top) and I designed the whole ship to looked sleek and sexy =) But then I had to create a 2-truss structure on the hull to just be able to place docking port/probe. And that is just absolutelly silly. It would be still better to have some sort of invert button.. I mean, I can fly it no problem, but mechjeb can't

It sounds like you're dealing with a lander, I assume it has a separate drive section to get it to the desired moon or planet, if so add a probe body to the drive section in line somewhere and use that as the Control From Here point.

This is my standard Drive section as you can see it has a probe on it just under the RCS tank and docking port. This allows the simple fix you need.

inlineprobe.jpg

I just installed 2.0.7 but there seems to be a problem. I'm getting windows removing themselves from the menu, most importantly the Delta-V and vessel info windows, and the only thing that fixes this is a complete re-install of KSP and all my mods.

This seems to happen when I edit existing probe parts [...] so they function as Mechjeb cores, and then load a stock spacecraft containing one of the parts.

Yes, we know about this and have fixed it for 2.0.8: https://github.com/MuMech/MechJeb2/issues/22#issuecomment-16711526

New to KSP, first post here actually. KSP is one of the funnest and most challenging games I've ever played. Can't believe it's only at 0.19 and runs better than supposedly complete games like simcity.

Few things, thank you for an amazing mod. Much more entertaining being able to concentrate on building and exploration and allowing mechjeb to do the routine stuff.

I too have had the menu gui issues with 2.0.7. This might help you track down the bug. Deleting the settings.cfg file in the root KSP folder fixes it (temporarily at least, but whatever is being changed gets reset deleting that one file), although you have to redo all graphic settings again. No idea why, but it works for me every time the menus go bonkers. Not a huge issue, especially for an alpha game with so many mods already. Nor is it game breaking.

And last, this and Ferram's FAR don't seem to play too nicely together, at least when in atmosphere. Especially on automated orbits, mechjeb sends my rockets into deathspins and usually misses gravity turns. Any way around this, or must I choose between the two? Easy choice, but some of the changes FAR makes are quite fun.

Thanks again, great work...they need to make this mod part of the game itself.

If your experiencing the same bug I am (i.e. MJ2 windows go completely transparent) then I've got to ask what, if any, other plugins you are using?

I have a question, how do I uninstall the 1.9 version to use the 2.0.7? I've trying deleting the old .dll but that resulted in all my regular cockpits disappearing from the parts list because I have an addon that made them include jeb's brain.

Another problem! i used the manuever planner to plan a manuever toward duna and i pressed "execute next node" but mechjeb doesn't do anything and my duna base is still orbiting kerbin. Help me, please

Okay im getting a little bit annoyed, when i turn on SmartASS there is no reason for mechjeb to go through my carefully set up staging and stage through it. this happened in 1.9.8 too, i have rockets whose desin relies on special staging and mechjeb decides that it wants everything nice and compact, and procedes to collapse all stages before a decoupler, this means i can choose to have engines that i turn on at say 30000m that dont fire on the pad. It is very annoying and i would love a fix to this problem

Regarding the Attitude Adjustment for tweaking the PID. What are the variables again? The Wiki Doesn't seem to have the explanations on it for this window.

i dont think it does anything atm. i tried setting the values to extreme numbers and nothing changed

I'm pretty sure it does affect how the automatic steering functions. Going down to small numbers for Ki_Limit and Factor seemed to help with precise docking control of big things, but moderate sized craft with a 3meter orbital stage are now clunky for me so I'm trying to tweak or just return back to default numbers.

hey r4, i love the mod, but it likes to collapse the stages up to the next decoupler, this is a bit of a pain when i have a rocket that i have a set of engines that i want to activate at 30000m with out having them lit on the pad and not before a decoupler, mechjeb automatically starts them up and collapses all stages to the nearest decoupler. I would lose a way to remove this feature.