[PART, 1.0.2] Anatid Robotics / MuMech - MechJeb - Autopilot - Historical thread

r4m0n

Hi there; sorry for the delay in getting back to you, not much time for KSP recently! But I've ran a test flight, using the exact same ship, and with the new .dll Mechjeb is indeed tracking the flight path with the old accuracy, as well as accelerating correctly during the "Coast To Edge Of Atmosphere" part, which it previously wasn't doing. Thanks again for the work so far!

That auto stage thing is reportedly fixed in the last couple of dev builds. Look at the first post to get a link to the latest dev build (build 69) and there is now an ascent guidance specific autostage, as well as a global autostage and global autostage Once option, in the Utility window

I confirm that this fix works - thanks! :)

I recently put together a ModuleManager modification for a request and I figured I'd leave a copy here in case anyone in following this thread would like to use it. It just adds mechjeb functionality to all the stock(Squad) command pods and probe cores.

Installation should be self explanatory for anyone who's installed mods lately. Module Manager's source can be found on Ialdabaoth's Github and my contribution is just the MechjebPodEnabler.cfg which can be opened with any text editor.

Mechjeb Command Pod Enabler - Mediafire

I recently put together a ModuleManager modification for a request and I figured I'd leave a copy here in case anyone in following this thread would like to use it. It just adds mechjeb functionality to all the stock(Squad) command pods and probe cores.

Installation should be self explanatory for anyone who's installed mods lately. Module Manager's source can be found on Ialdabaoth's Github and my contribution is just the MechJebPodEnabler.cfg which can be opened with any text editor.

The Mk1-2pod is named incorrectly in your MechJebPodEnabler.cfg and should be "Mark1-2Pod". Ialdabaoth's preferred setup is modulemanager.dll in the \GameData folder and the MechJebPodEnabler.cfg file in the root folder for the mod which it modifies: in this case, MechJeb2. Probably shouldn't include modulemanager.dll with your MechJebPodEnabler.cfg - just point to his forum link so users always get the latest version.

Nice work. Please post one we can drop into the RemoteTech (modules, pods, little antenna, big rc girder), B9, and NovaPunch folders that will add MechJeb to the command modules and pods added by these mods (I don't think KW adds any modules/pods). This little config file deserves a link in the front page of this forum and on the spaceport page. Also, get MechJeb listed as one of the mods using ModuleManager on Ialdaboth's forum page. I now have three mods that modify the stock parts using ModuleManager and they work great together: no manual editing of cfg's to combine the mods. And the original part.cfg's are never touched. We need the authors of all the other MechJeb Command Module & Pod cfgs to remove them because they use the old parts folder and/or MechJeb old and/or don't use modulemanager.dll but modify the original part.cfg's instead. It causes mass confusion and frustration for many users.

Edited by Oinker

If you turn Mechjeb into a part that can be attached using KAS you can then grab it during an EVA and get orbital and surface info for your Kerbal. As an added bonus the inside of the helmet glows green or red. What I did was to copy the Mechjeb part and then renamed it to EVA Mechjeb and scaled it down to 0.25 so it wouldn't be so big. The only thing to be aware of is that if you enter a command pod the Mechjeb part goes away and if you attach it to the EVA Kerbal you cannot drop it or attach it elsewhere.

If you attach the extra Mechjebs near the hatch you grab them without having EVA over to them first.

I just wanted to say that this version of MechJeb2.dll has completely changed the game for me. I used to fear MechJeb, because the attitude control aspects of it were so violent and unpredictable. It would tear fragile vehicles apart, drink monopropellants like it was going out of style, and completely fail to pay any attention to the roll axis during ascent maneuvers, making the main engine gimbal wildly in both pitch and yaw and waste precious ÃŽâ€v on steering. Now MechJeb controls attitude like it was meant to.

My only two wishes are that (1) RCS auto could be a persistent setting, and (2) it could be assignable to custom windows the way "use SAS if available" is.

^Yup, launches are smooth as butter now and about 10x more realistic. Now I'm dreading the .21 update and how it's going to potentially change things once again. God I really hate/love updates. I want new features but I swear every time I just get everything perfect with all the mods I want and with them all in sync and working correctly, here comes a big update that's going to break it all again. :(

God I really hate/love updates. I want new features but I swear every time I just get everything perfect with all the mods I want and with them all in sync and working correctly, here comes a big update that's going to break it all again. :(

Likewise. I've given up on  not permanently, but in the sense of "KSP, we need to take a break"  this game twice already, once after .16 came out and changed everything, and then again after .18 came out and changed everything. I'd put a lot of work into getting things set up just so, and the updates changed things, and I got frustrated. So I stepped away.

I haven't decided whether I'm going to dive right in to .21 or not, whenever it drops. From what I've read, it sounds pretty incremental. There's nothing in it I'm dying for right now. The new ASAS  particular its mod-ability â€â€*sounds really great, but I can't remember the last time I even attached an ASAS part. I've gotten so used to playing with out, and without pod torque. I use MechJeb or ORDA for attitude control and RCS exclusively for attitude control. So while it sounds great, I'm not gagging for it right now.

But if the past repeats itself, there's gonna end up being some damn thing in .21 that makes it impossible for me not to play the new version. Some minor feature or API change or part that nobody even bothered to talk about will seduce me and I'll download the new version and nothing will work and all my custom addons and parts will have to be changed and … blar. I wouldn't hate it if the pace of KSP development slowed down a … lot.

Hi, im new to mechjeb2. It is awesome!

But i entered significant fps drop when my rocket is about to leave atomsphere, and also when i try to do slingshot to Mun, dose anyone encounter this too??

Thank you.

mwlue, I haven't gotten that far with it, I've had problems from the beginning with a framerate drop. I've also had issues with not being able to end the flight. If I go to the VAB, the only thing I can do is load a craft or exit. Both buttons are pressable but when I do nothing happens.

Is mechjeb still the source of the half-second or so stutters every few minutes? I've gotten used to it by now when it happens, but it shouldn't be causing severe frame drops. If you use a lot of struts, it'll lag in space, that might be the cause.

Is mechjeb still the source of the half-second or so stutters every few minutes? I've gotten used to it by now when it happens, but it shouldn't be causing severe frame drops. If you use a lot of struts, it'll lag in space, that might be the cause.
Mechjeb has always caused that slight stutter, noticeable when you hear the sound and effect for engines cut out a frame or so every often. It's nothing severe though so I dunno what the cause is for some people that have really bad FPS issues. Sure it's Mechjeb itself?

Mechjeb has always caused that slight stutter, noticeable when you hear the sound and effect for engines cut out a frame or so every often. It's nothing severe though so I dunno what the cause is for some people that have really bad FPS issues. Sure it's Mechjeb itself?

I don't think MechJeb could cause severe FPS drops, only way to find out is for the people having that issue not use MechJeb and see if it does indeed cause it or not.

I know of One part of mechjeb that actually causes extreme lag. It doesn't happen all the time, it's quite rare. I have a custom window open that displays time to intercept. Occasionally that reads NaN and makes the game unplayable until I close that custom window.

There are probably other things that have similar effects but this is the one I experience on occasion.

I assume its because the game is feeding mechjeb a bad value for the calculation but it tries to run it anyway and comes back with bad numbers that don't work.

I don't think MechJeb could cause severe FPS drops, only way to find out is for the people having that issue not use MechJeb and see if it does indeed cause it or not.

I have done that and it only happens when I use MechJeb.

I seem to have developed problems. My station core got into orbit just fine but now almost nothing works with MechJeb. Many of the cores designed to link up with the station can't even get into orbit. MechJeb does not seem to know when to fire the engines or anything. At this moment, it is a worse pilot than I am. Is there something wrong with it? I am not use any other mods at the moment.

Thought of this the other night while building a space station - would it be possible to implement a 'Station-keeping' function to trim your relative speed using the RCS while near another rendezvous craft? Set the craft then set the station-keeping distance and let it sit. It'd have to be quite sparing with the RCS perhaps.

In other news I went from build 66 to build 69 and it's a definite improvement.

You know I think I'm probably just going to load the old one and wait til this one comes out on Spaceport. I think that because its prerelease it has bugs and needs to be optimized.