[PART, 1.0.2] Anatid Robotics / MuMech - MechJeb - Autopilot - Historical thread

r4m0n

This is what I've been using. <snip>

Or, if you want to gradually unlock features in the tech tree, there's this:

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCommand]]
{

%MODULE[MechJebCore]

{

MechJebLocalSettings {

MechJebModuleCustomWindowEditor { unlockTechs = flightControl }

MechJebModuleSmartASS { unlockTechs = flightControl }

MechJebModuleManeuverPlanner { unlockTechs = advFlightControl }

MechJebModuleNodeEditor { unlockTechs = advFlightControl }

MechJebModuleTranslatron { unlockTechs = advFlightControl }

MechJebModuleWarpHelper { unlockTechs = advFlightControl }

MechJebModuleAttitudeAdjustment { unlockTechs = advFlightControl }

MechJebModuleThrustWindow { unlockTechs = advFlightControl }

MechJebModuleRCSBalancerWindow { unlockTechs = advFlightControl }

MechJebModuleRoverWindow { unlockTechs = fieldScience }

MechJebModuleAscentGuidance { unlockTechs = unmannedTech }

MechJebModuleLandingGuidance { unlockTechs = unmannedTech }

MechJebModuleSpaceplaneGuidance { unlockTechs = unmannedTech }

MechJebModuleDockingGuidance { unlockTechs = advUnmanned }

MechJebModuleRendezvousAutopilotWindow { unlockTechs = advUnmanned }

MechJebModuleRendezvousGuidance { unlockTechs = advUnmanned }

}

}

}

An alternative, which is what I used to do before this feature, is to set the launch altitude to 750Km (and do the same on the way back from Duna or wherever). At that altitude you can warp at max rate.

Yes that would work, however it means a lot more delta v to get to orbit, especially with the type of ships I use, big & heavy would sum it up. Doing high altitude launches or transferring to a high orbit just to warp faster seems... I dont know, a bit irritating to have to do when all that is really needed is to warp to a point just ahead of the launch window - which as I said, I can do, either manually or with warp helper - I just thought it would make a good addition to MJ and one that wouldnt take all that much effort to add in.

You're probably best checking to make sure the part doesn't *already* have MJ.

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCommand],!MODULE[MechJebCore]]:Final
{
MODULE
{
name = MechJebCore
}
}

I'd considered that, but I've long deleted the parts from the Gamedatabase so there's no need to worry about adding a second MJ module to a craft that already has one in the form of the case or pod.

EDIT: Extremely off topic, but I recently downloaded StretchySRB and instantly loved it. Just wish it was possible to work with CoolRockets as well :/

Hey guys! After I reach orbit my Mechjeb menu goes away and I no longer have access to any of its features. I still have the part and can apply it to new crafts but no menu shows up again. Even after starting a new game the menus are gone. I tried re-installing mechjeb but still no menu. I have to reinstall the whole game an then it lasts until orbit again before disappearing. I have looked everywhere and have had no luck solving this. Hope someone here can help :)

I've recently found that the landing guidance behaves strangely below 0m of altitude (like on some areas on the Mun). The lander slows down to the desired landing speed at 0m altitude and maintains that speed for the rest of the descent. Forgive me if this has already been posted :)

I think there is some bug with the newest Modulemanager v.2.0.5

The cfg that worked before I updated MM:

@PART
[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCommand],!MODULE[MechJebCore]]]:FOR[MechJeb2]
{
MODULE
{
name = MechJebCore
MechJebLocalSettings
{
MechJebModuleCustomWindowEditor { unlockTechs = flightControl }
MechJebModuleSmartASS { unlockTechs = flightControl }
MechJebModuleManeuverPlanner { unlockTechs = advFlightControl }
MechJebModuleNodeEditor { unlockTechs = advFlightControl }
MechJebModuleTranslatron { unlockTechs = advFlightControl }
MechJebModuleWarpHelper { unlockTechs = advFlightControl }
MechJebModuleAttitudeAdjustment { unlockTechs = advFlightControl }
MechJebModuleThrustWindow { unlockTechs = advFlightControl }
MechJebModuleRCSBalancerWindow { unlockTechs = advFlightControl }
MechJebModuleRoverWindow { unlockTechs = fieldScience }
MechJebModuleAscentGuidance { unlockTechs = unmannedTech }
MechJebModuleLandingGuidance { unlockTechs = unmannedTech }
MechJebModuleSpaceplaneGuidance { unlockTechs = unmannedTech }
MechJebModuleDockingGuidance { unlockTechs = advUnmanned }
MechJebModuleRendezvousAutopilotWindow { unlockTechs = advUnmanned }
MechJebModuleRendezvousGuidance { unlockTechs = advUnmanned }
}
}
}

Now doesn't work. The buttons on my toolbar disappeared. And the game runs significantly faster, which means MechJeb is not even calculating.

Talking about computation: How much of it's VAB/In-flight data does MJ transfer to another thread of the CPU?

Does it even do that?

I've noticed that without using any of the autopiloting functions, just the orbital info and dV panels - the game runs quite slow when compared to mods like Kerbal Engineer.

Also closing the info panels doesn't seem to affect performance, which means closing the panels does not stop their respective calculations.

I know that KER transfers large amounts of its calculations - like the most complex ones - the dV remaining ones to a free thread of the CPU and when you close any of the info panels, its respective calculations are stopped until you reopen it.

Does MJ do this to reduce overhead and I just have a weak CPU(Phenom II x4 955 @ 4.0)?

Is this mod supposed to get rid of the debug menu? Alt + F12 no longer seems to work for me...

I've got some other mods so I'll check to see if that does anything too.

If you have clicked on any MJ window then most keyboard commands will not work unless you click outside that window.

An alternative, which is what I used to do before this feature, is to set the launch altitude to 750Km (and do the same on the way back from Duna or wherever). At that altitude you can warp at max rate.

It's more efficient to do an interplanetary transfer from a lower orbit due to the Oberth effect.

Just switch control to a flag, and use use Kerbal Alarm Clock to warp to your saved maneuver node. When you're controlling a flag, you can warp at top speed. Then switch back to your ship.

Hi, I'm having some compatibility issues with the LFB KR-1x2.

I have seen that every time I put this part on, mechJeb stops working. In particular it gives no more info on deltaV and thrust ratios (both in VAB and in flight). Moreover, once in orbit the maneuver planner doesen't work anymore.

The odd thing is that all this happens only after I place the LFB KR-1x2.

Has anyone had a similar problem?

Hmm... Lucky you should ask this now because I'm testing the LFB 1x2 for a different reason so I just checked in the VAB and I get dV for it...

MmwY5nK.png

For reference, I'm using the version off of Spaceport because that's the last one that had RPM support. Don't know exactly the build or version number, sorry.

I think there is some bug with the newest Modulemanager v.2.0.5

The cfg that worked before I updated MM:

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCommand],!MODULE[MechJebCore]]]:FOR[MechJeb2]

Count your square brace. And look into the log, MM si most likely telling you that you have uneven square brace count. This was what I added in MM 2.0.5

I'll see if I can get MM to display a message in the loading panel when it encounter such errors.

Now doesn't work. The buttons on my toolbar disappeared. And the game runs significantly faster, which means MechJeb is not even calculating.

Talking about computation: How much of it's VAB/In-flight data does MJ transfer to another thread of the CPU?

Does it even do that?

I've noticed that without using any of the autopiloting functions, just the orbital info and dV panels - the game runs quite slow when compared to mods like Kerbal Engineer.

Also closing the info panels doesn't seem to affect performance, which means closing the panels does not stop their respective calculations.

I know that KER transfers large amounts of its calculations - like the most complex ones - the dV remaining ones to a free thread of the CPU and when you close any of the info panels, its respective calculations are stopped until you reopen it.

Does MJ do this to reduce overhead and I just have a weak CPU(Phenom II x4 955 @ 4.0)?

It will requre more thant a simple answer.

A) The dV calculation are done in a Unity thread. Not sure if it actually make them run on a separate core but AFAI it does the some as KER. I'll check how KER does it to be sure.

B) The dV calculation are not run only when the windows is open because they are used in other part of MJ like the node executor and a few other thing. But they don't run all the time either.

C) MJ does a LOT a computation each physic frame because it need to know a lot about your ship to fly it. At one point we may try to cache a few of those info but it's not trivial.

ObsessedWithKSP & Gabelach : re-download it form the spaceport. you have 2.2.0 which has the bug. Last on space port is 2.2.1 (thread title need to be updated)

Edited by sarbian

so i have this problem, the ship just randomly starts swaying back and forth trying to make the inclination 0. then when it's time for circularization, it can't point at the node. it's never done this before...i recorded it and sped it up so it's easier to see (still a 3 min vid though)

http://youtu.be/SD3MQLyLik8

edit. i'm using the latest build

Edited by Mykill Metal

Hi, I'm having some compatibility issues with the LFB KR-1x2.

I have seen that every time I put this part on, mechJeb stops working. In particular it gives no more info on deltaV and thrust ratios (both in VAB and in flight). Moreover, once in orbit the maneuver planner doesen't work anymore.

The odd thing is that all this happens only after I place the LFB KR-1x2.

Has anyone had a similar problem?

I have noticed that for the LFB KR-1x2, it's not just MechJeb that has a problem. The engines don't get added to my staging. I have to add the engine, exit the VAB, then go back to the VAB for the engines to register in the staging + MechJeb.