[PART, 1.0.2] Anatid Robotics / MuMech - MechJeb - Autopilot - Historical thread

r4m0n

The efect of Tf is contrary:

Tf determines the cutoff frequency of a low pass filter, approx:

Fcutoff = 2 * Pi * (1 / Tf)

for high values ​​of "Tf" the cutoff frequency is lower.

Large values ​​of Tf are more suitable for large ships (0.6 ... 0.3) and small values ​​of Tf (0.3 ... 0.1) for small craft. Large values ​​Tf slow the PID response, smaller values ​​make faster.

If your ship wobbles Tf values ​​of 0.6 would be better to make more rigid spacecraft using "EAS-4 struct connector"

Values ​​lower than 0.05 eliminate the ability of the filter (the minimum processing time is similar).

Now see, I was seeing the opposite effect. Larger vessels behaved better at lower Tf values <0.2. Larger Tf values and the vessel just wouldn't respond. On the other hand, larger Tf values on small vessels seems to help.

I'm beginning to think the new reaction wheel torque is too much. Using a probe core and disabling the pod torque had about the same effect as playing with the Tf values.

Example, for a 180t ship, the torque from a Mk1-2 pod did fine. But on a 60t ship it wobbled and on a 10t ship it was all over the board trying to hold a heading.

There should be a folder in the 2.0.9 zip file that's MechJeb2. Dropping that in your gamedata folder should be all you need to do. Take out the 1.9.8 parts from the parts folder and the MuMecjLib.dll from the plugins folder. If you have both it may be conflicting.

That didn't work. Now the menu's aren't even appearing. :(

I use the rendezvous autopilot (a separate window from rendezvous planner) and just set the final distance to 50meters.

Where the heck is THIS function? I don't see the option! I'm using mechjeb 2, if that helps. O.o

Try a clean install of KSP and MJ. It should be there.

And there it is, thanks. Odd. But it still can't, even when set at 50M, get any closer than a third of a kilometer. XP

I'm having the following issues:

1) Transfer to another planet doesn't seem to function (tried it on Duna, Eve, and Moho so far).

2) Overshooting maneuver node by a few minutes when coming out of auto-warp.

3) Spin of doom/endlessly chasing a moving 0.1 m/s target.

Also, I edited the ship closer to it's counterpart- does the 'auto docking' function drunkenly spin the ship as if it suddenly forgets how to POINT ONE END at another ship for anyone else? >.<

I'm having the following issues:

3) Spin of doom/endlessly chasing a moving 0.1 m/s target.

It's got to the point where I can't line up maneuvers, I have to go one at a time so I can cancel the last 0.1 each time. Only solution I know of. ><

Edited by Tassyr

Also, I edited the ship closer to it's counterpart- does the 'auto docking' function drunkenly spin the ship as if it suddenly forgets how to POINT ONE END at another ship for anyone else? >.<

It's got to the point where I can't line up maneuvers, I have to go one at a time so I can cancel the last 0.1 each time. Only solution I know of. ><

Yea it's pretty annoying. About to just uninstall MechJeb until the issues are resolved.

Also, I forgot to mention the map jittering. Unplayable.

As stated

Quote Originally Posted by BloodyRain2k

For the case anyone wants to try my temp fix: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...paceDumper.dll

What this does is for one is dumping all ScaledSpace transforms into KSP\ScaledSpaceDump.txt upon scene change, next it'll remove all null transforms to prevent the map wobble and grid freaking, lastly it'll remove all non body spaces when you go back to the spacecenter because they get created upon entering a flight anyways, but without this they'd end up getting added over and over again, everytime you enter a flight from the spacecenter.

And for the paranoid ones, here's the source: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...SpaceDumper.cs

This will fix the map jittering

Mechjeb explodes when I exit the atmosphere...

By this I mean I reach 60+ Kilometers there's a "poof" sound and Mechjeb's entire case vanishes as if it broke off. If I put two on there they both break off, but the HUD vanishes for a second then comes back online even though both models are now gone from the ship.

For a note: I changed the models that MechJeb uses from the default to the Kerbal Engineer model as I like it better, but I did not mess with any of the code and unless the model has something to do with the structural integrity of MJ I don't think it makes a difference. I'm also using the latest version of MJ and the latest version of KSP (0.21)

As stated

For the case anyone wants to try my temp fix: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...paceDumper.dll

What this does is for one is dumping all ScaledSpace transforms into KSP\ScaledSpaceDump.txt upon scene change, next it'll remove all null transforms to prevent the map wobble and grid freaking, lastly it'll remove all non body spaces when you go back to the spacecenter because they get created upon entering a flight anyways, but without this they'd end up getting added over and over again, everytime you enter a flight from the spacecenter.

And for the paranoid ones, here's the source: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...SpaceDumper.cs

Thank you, I guess i put this in the mechjeb plugin folder?

Anyone know if r4m0n is still active with updating mechjeb? It seems like it was given a quick "update" to be compatible with .21 but I get the impression he doesn't really check this thread anymore to see how the plug-in is fairing.

For those having difficulty with the Docking Autopilot: Try disabling any sources of torque on your ship (command pod, reaction wheels etc) before engaging the autopilot. I noticed that it worked much better that way (still not as good as in previous versions though).

Any chance you found a way to get the 'force rotation' thing back? I really kinda need that. XD

Mechjeb explodes when I exit the atmosphere...

By this I mean I reach 60+ Kilometers there's a "poof" sound and Mechjeb's entire case vanishes as if it broke off. If I put two on there they both break off, but the HUD vanishes for a second then comes back online even though both models are now gone from the ship.

For a note: I changed the models that MechJeb uses from the default to the Kerbal Engineer model as I like it better, but I did not mess with any of the code and unless the model has something to do with the structural integrity of MJ I don't think it makes a difference. I'm also using the latest version of MJ and the latest version of KSP (0.21)

Replying to my own post, I know, but I did some testing and the issue is MechJeb is overheating at ~260C (I'm using Deadly Reentry) the problem with this is that MJ is collecting heat about 20x faster than all other parts of the ship. Including the engine. No idea what's causing it, but I guess it's a conflict between MJ and the Deadly Reentry mod although DE only reads the heat it doesn't alter it. Anyone know why MJ would be collecting massive amounts of heat going through atmo?

does the MJ case actually exert SAS force?

If so I think that's kind of a cheat, the thing has like no weight to it.

It had rotPower at one time, but didn't have any last time I checked.

Did the 'Limit to Terminal Velocity' function stop working or is it just me? My rockets fire at full throttle the whole way up with MechJeb's guidance.

I haven't tested 2.0.9 yet, but 2.0.8 worked fine for that. Did you install FAR? The way FAR works is by removing the atmosphere then faking the atmospheric effects so that the stock atmospheric effects don't get in the way, I think, so MJ doesn't see an atmosphere, therefore no terminal velocity.

As stated

I think you messed up the links in your quote (they 404ed on me), probably from copying the post text (which has shortened links) instead of using the quote button. Here are the fixed links as well as a quote link to one of the places BloodyRain2k posted them (couldn't find the links here).