[PART, 1.0.2] Anatid Robotics / MuMech - MechJeb - Autopilot - Historical thread

r4m0n

Thanks a bunch man! I wasn't sure whether to try that since the cfg is coming up horizontally spread for some reason rather than vertically. Gonna be heading back to my pc in a little while so will give it a shot.

Try opening with notepad ++. It lays it out right instead of one long line. Makes it a little easier to read too.

Try opening with notepad ++. It lays it out right instead of one long line. Makes it a little easier to read too.

Ahh thanks. It's much more manageable when opened in notepad ++. Unfortunately I'm running into issue after issue at the moment though. The Mechjeb now appears in the R&D with the right costs but researching it doesn't unlock it properly. Instead the MJ still appears as locked in the VAB and returning to the R&D reveals two AR202's. One locked, one unlocked. Repeating the process just causes it to duplicate repeatedly. I may perform a fresh install of KSP since I had a similar issue yesterday from old mods being installed and there may be one hidden somewhere in the files on this computer too.

I added those lines and the parts show up in the VAB but they still say: "Part model requires an Entry Purchase in R&D"

RESOLVED - I hadn't clicked the PARTS in the R&D window. For those who have added the lines and it isn't working, as several have mentioned, click the green first box in the R&D window and THEN CLICK ON THE MECHJEB PART!!! This will research it and make it available.

I added the two lines, I went into the R&D, I purchased the AR, it turned grey, I went into VAB, still says 'Part model requires an Entry Purchase in R&D'. :(

I even started a new save game with a brand new tree. :(

edit: ninja - EXACTLY the same as Kerbonautical above me.

This is somehow a clue - in the save game persistence file

SCENARIO
{
name = ResearchAndDevelopment
scene = 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
sci = 0
Tech
{
id = start
state = Available
part = mumech.MJ2.AR202
part = mk1pod
part = liquidEngine
part = solidBooster
part = fuelTankSmall
part = trussPiece1x
part = longAntenna
part = parachuteSingle
}
}

Worked it out: I had two MJ parts in my folders (I always make a backup before editing stuff) and this was conflicting and confusing the R&D.

Edited by togfox

MAJOR problems with mechjeb- has anyone else noticed this? On any launch engine larger than 1m (And subsequent tanks) the autopilot gets drunk and decides that loop-the-loops are the best thing on earth. Er, Kerbin.

... Am I alone with this bug?

I had this several times,the most logical explanation I found was that this was caused by the center of mass of the rocket suddenly shifitng due to fuel use and mechjeb not immediatly intervening causing the craft to start plumeting for a few seconds before mechjeb realises and recovers

How do I install this mod again? I've been gone for awhile, and now I have a clean install and I can't get it to work.

I tryd copying the Mechjeb2 folder to gamedata, and I tryd copying the content of the parts and plugin folder seperatly to the KSP parts and plugin folders, but neither work

Does the ship does a loop just after takeoff or around the ascension turn start ?

I've seen it mostly happening in asperagus staged rockets,where a stage is ejected shortly before or after the start of the gravity turn.

I have seen it on some of my rocket too.

I don't think it's a MJ problem and it's most likley caused by the CoM moving near the front of the rocket when

- rear fuel tank gets empty

- back heavy ( motor ) stage are dropped

On my design adding a few control surface or more reaction wheel worked.

How do I install this mod again? I've been gone for awhile, and now I have a clean install and I can't get it to work.

I tryd copying the Mechjeb2 folder to gamedata, and I tryd copying the content of the parts and plugin folder seperatly to the KSP parts and plugin folders, but neither work

Just drop it in the GameData folder and apply the two lines of code using Wordpad or Notepad ++ making sure to break them into lines if the code appears horizontally, if you want it on career mode of course. Where did you get the mod from by the way? I noticed the MJ on KSC is definitely not the same file as is listed on these forums, it doesn't even have an actual AR202 anywhere in the code. The KSC version made my KSP completely unable to launch career mode as it modifies all standard pods and they become unselectable.

Edited by Kerbonautical

Just drop it in the GameData folder and apply the two lines of code using Wordpad or Notepad ++, if you want it on career mode of course. Where did you get the mod from by the way? I noticed the MJ on KSC is definitely not the same file as is listed on these forums, it doesn't even have an actual AR202 anywhere in the code.

Downloaded it from the first post of this thread. I couldn't get it to work in sandbox either

Did it change the part system? I remember from 0.20 that it overwrote the stock cockpits to use mechjeb, so I tryd that. Maybe that's where I went wrong?

EDIT: Yes I found the part. Damn, what happened to the mechjeb enabled cockpits?

Edited by Sirrobert

I am having a 'problem' where my pod is dancing, rotating, bouncing all over the place. This is not too noticeable while it is attached to the rest of the stack, but very pronounced when trying to re-enter.

This is happening in 0.22 with my mods from 0.21 copied over. I am not trying to make any of the career work at this time, i was just checking out normal sandbox type play. This does NOT happen with 0.21 ...

anyone else seen this or have an idea?

many thanks.

I am having a 'problem' where my pod is dancing, rotating, bouncing all over the place. This is not too noticeable while it is attached to the rest of the stack, but very pronounced when trying to re-enter.

This is happening in 0.22 with my mods from 0.21 copied over. I am not trying to make any of the career work at this time, i was just checking out normal sandbox type play. This does NOT happen with 0.21 ...

anyone else seen this or have an idea?

many thanks.

Yeah I noticed that earlier actually. I didn't think about disabling MJ to see if that was the cause. Luckily it didn't break the chute but it looked like it was under a lot of stress on re-entry. I dunno if it actually increases the likelihood of the the chute breaking off though.

@Sirrobert I'm pretty confident you could also use the MJ enabled cockpits by editing the code in each .cfg to accomodate its place in the tech tree. You may have to copy them directly over the original that Squad made manually though. I haven't tested it as there were a lot more .cfg's so I took the lazy route, but it may well work. At the very least it should add them to the tech tree as a researchable item (without the duplication glitch) so that you could see if they work still. If you want the MJ enabled cockpits back it's probably worth testing it on the Mk1 cockpit to see if it works

Ahh thanks. It's much more manageable when opened in notepad ++. Unfortunately I'm running into issue after issue at the moment though. The Mechjeb now appears in the R&D with the right costs but researching it doesn't unlock it properly. Instead the MJ still appears as locked in the VAB and returning to the R&D reveals two AR202's. One locked, one unlocked. Repeating the process just causes it to duplicate repeatedly. I may perform a fresh install of KSP since I had a similar issue yesterday from old mods being installed and there may be one hidden somewhere in the files on this computer too.

On lunch from work and just now got to get back on, not sure if anyone helped you yet but if you unlocked the node its in you already you have to click it in the research center to unlock it for construction, otherwise its still locked.

@Sirrobert I'm pretty confident you could also use the MJ enabled cockpits by editing the code in each .cfg to accomodate its place in the tech tree. You may have to copy them directly over the original that Squad made manually though. I haven't tested it as there were a lot more .cfg's so I took the lazy route, but it may well work. At the very least it should add them to the tech tree as a researchable item (without the duplication glitch) so that you could see if they work still. If you want the MJ enabled cockpits back it's probably worth testing it on the Mk1 cockpit to see if it works

Would be bunches simpler if one person mods all the .22 pods to integrate MechJeb then posts them somewhere.

I copied all the mods I'm using to the .22 install and deeeerrrrppp- it's super laggy and then crashes. Going to have to wait for PolecatEZ to get the texture redux updated for it, and for Kethane. Going to have to go back through my rocket catalog and add nosecones to the ones without them. ;)

This won't work because the update added science modules to the pods, as well as changing some properties. I already posted how to do it, just add the mechjeb module to the end of the vanilla pods.

Or you can download the fix I posted and install after mechjeb.

http://www./download/daaunz0ihn6wcgs/Mechjeb-2.0.9-0.22fix.zip

Would be bunches simpler if one person mods all the .22 pods to integrate MechJeb then posts them somewhere.

I copied all the mods I'm using to the .22 install and deeeerrrrppp- it's super laggy and then crashes. Going to have to wait for PolecatEZ to get the texture redux updated for it, and for Kethane. Going to have to go back through my rocket catalog and add nosecones to the ones without them. ;)

Just use http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/mechjeb-and-remotetech-for-all/ if you want MechJeb on all pods. It can also add Engineer Redux and Protractor among other stuff to all pods.

So, r4m0n seems to be continuing to create new builds, but not updating this thread. Any reason? The link in the OP still leads to the july build. You have to go to the dev builds link to find the latest and greatest.

At a guess I would say it is because it is still a 2.0.9 version, and as such it doesn't warrant an official update.. :)

He update dates all the time, check his Dev builds. He has already updated it to work with 0.22.

http://jenkins.mumech.com/job/MechJeb2/

Read the changes to see what has been added or changed.

Please reread my previous post.

At a guess I would say it is because it is still a 2.0.9 version, and as such it doesn't warrant an official update.. :)

Yeah, that's part of the issue. People come into the thread and if they grab the linked version in the OP they end up with a 4 month old version that has problems.

Edited by sojourner

I believe r4m0n didn't change the 2.0.9 download link in his OP because it was consider the most "stable" build for new and inexperienced users, despite being a number of months out of date by our standards.

The dev build that he's been feverishly maintaining is precisely that - the latest and greatest, but subject to constant tweaking/changes.