[PART, 1.0.2] Anatid Robotics / MuMech - MechJeb - Autopilot - Historical thread

r4m0n

I have downloaded the lastest dev build and I don't see mechjeb window anywhere. The module is there, I can stick it to a rocket but that's it.

I don't even see the delta-V window in the assembly.

Can you help? I don't what else to do.

I have downloaded the lastest dev build and I don't see mechjeb window anywhere. The module is there, I can stick it to a rocket but that's it.

I don't even see the delta-V window in the assembly.

Can you help? I don't what else to do.

Get the latest Toolbar version as well.

Sarbian,

Minor suggestion and request...

Could you have MJ save its UI configuration in the (root) GameData folder, or some other non-MechJeb folder, and have MJ look for this file first before defaulting to the "stock" locations when a new build is installed? That way, the UI configuration doesn't rearrange itself into the upper-left corner every time we delete the MechJeb folder when updating. If MJ doesn't find the config file, then it should go back to the "default" file.

^^This would be AWESOME.

I already thought about this. Thing is, where does MJ save the values once you set them in the settings window? in the stock location, in the root of GameData, or both? And what if you need to delete the config, because the plugin change needs it? This is actually a lot more complicated than it seems :)

I get game crashes which I didn't get before installing MJ, however I can't figure out if MJ is crashing or the game is running out of memory(which it shouldn't, unless MJ uses ~200 Mb RAM).

MJ is filling the output_log with these before the crash:

MechJeb module MechJebModuleMenu threw an exception in OnDestroy: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at MuMech.MechJebModuleMenu.OnDestroy () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at MuMech.MechJebCore.OnDestroy () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d3d49558e4d408f4/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 53)

MechJeb module MechJebModuleMenu threw an exception in OnDestroy: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d3d49558e4d408f4/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 53)

UnloadTime: 128.134674 ms
Crash!!!
ERROR: Error while initializing dbghelp.dll, GetLastError: 'The operation completed successfully.' (Address: 00000000)

========== OUTPUTING STACK TRACE ==================

ERROR: Error while initializing dbghelp.dll, GetLastError: 'The operation completed successfully.' (Address: 00000000)

========== END OF STACKTRACE ===========

**** Crash! ****

The whole output_log:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g78bn2vshyixs6t/output_log.txt

I get game crashes which I didn't get before installing MJ, however I can't figure out if MJ is crashing or the game is running out of memory(which it shouldn't, unless MJ uses ~200 Mb RAM).

MJ is filling the output_log with these before the crash:

UnloadTime: 128.134674 ms
Crash!!!

========== OUTPUTING STACK TRACE ==================

========== END OF STACKTRACE ===========

**** Crash! ****

The whole output_log:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g78bn2vshyixs6t/output_log.txt

Not likely. Note the function the error occurs in. That's a callback to .OnDestroy() which is something that gets called when game objects are being destructed for any reason. Like the ship it's attached to being deleted, game being shut down or game crashing.

In other words, the crash had already happened by the time you see that error. Really, OnDestroy() should have a nullref check or have its code encapsulated in a try/catch construct, but it doesn't actually hurt anything.

Anyway, need to look at the whole output_log.txt file to have any idea what happened, but out of memory is a good guess and you might want to check into the active memory reducing mod.

I am a long-time user of ATM and the crashes only started happening after I installed MJ, so I guess it does cross the border that KER didn't. I wonder what is the RAM imprint of MJ. I will have to check it by deleting it and comparing before and after KSP memory utilisation. Gah, how I wish the 64-bit Unity build will be stable soon.

Has the time scale changed in KSP duna transfers only ever used to be 6 months now there over year or is MJ miscalculating but KAC is saying the same thing so am not sure whats going on

A option was added in KSP to display day in Kerbin days (6h). So the displayed time is longer, but the time in hours is not.

BARCLONE : no, I won't move the config files. MJ file should be under MJ dirs. I don't see why you want to delete the config file each time you upgrade. Just overwrite the files.

The only thing you may to see when overwriting is changes to the default display ( orbit info, vessel info, ...)

Edit : and I just fixed the error shown in smunisto logs. It was only displayed if you alt-F4 or crashed the game...

Edited by sarbian

MechJeb doesn't work with engines that use ModuleEngineFX (I think that's what it is).

dV and burns are broken, it starts the burn right at the node, rather than 1/3 of the burn time before.

Does anyone have a fix?

I don't see why you want to delete the config file each time you upgrade. Just overwrite the files.

Force of habit -- I usually delete the (old) mod folder when updating to a newer version. You're saying all I need to do is overwrite the folder, and the config files won't be changed?

smunisto : hard to tell without a full log, but I am yet to see a crash that wasn't memory related.

Gojira : All the bug you describe where fixed in the last official release 2 days ago.

BARCLONE : yes, for MJ it will do fine. I would not do that for a mod that add a lot of part and could remove some of them but MJ files couint is quite stable :).

Force of habit -- I usually delete the (old) mod folder when updating to a newer version. You're saying all I need to do is overwrite the folder, and the config files won't be changed?

When a new dev version hits, I usually just replace dll.

If it acts up then I exit to Space Center and delete any craft specific MJ2 config files. If that doesn't work only then do I consider deleting the master config file. (the one that holds all MJ2 settings and window configurations)

smunisto : hard to tell without a full log, but I am yet to see a crash that wasn't memory related.

BTW, he did post a log. I took a look at it and didn't see anything definite and the errors he was concerned about was just the nullref in OnDestroy.

Nothing really major. It was late at night though and I only gave it a cursory looking over so feel free to take a look. It's on page 629

smunisto: installing MJ2 was likely just coincidental. If you have low RAM make sure you close anything resource consuming in the background.

When a new dev version hits, I usually just replace dll.

OK, so that's all that really changes each time, just the DLL? Good to know. Honestly didn't realize that was the only change being made. Learned something new today...

Yes 99.99% of the time it's only the DLL. Last time an other file was changed it was the new icons for the toolbar and the previous time the "new" pod.

Starwaster : my bad. I had a look and saw nothing strange to. It's crashed on transition to flight mode, which is one of the common time for a memory crash.

Edited by sarbian

Would anybody be so kind and tell me how to call MechJeb functions, especially the Smart-A.S.S. modes?

I work on a control console projects and would like to control mechjeb with my own buttons. Any help is appreciated!