[SHOWCASE] Pirate Space Industries - All Stock Designs by Jolly Roger

...and now I can't get the song from my head. Again. Which is fine, because I kind of like it. Best part of a film that needed many more of those.

Rune. The part about nice ships, goes unsaid. An infinirange SSTO, no less!

8 hours ago, Rune said:

...and now I can't get the song from my head. Again. Which is fine, because I kind of like it. Best part of a film that needed many more of those.

Rune. The part about nice ships, goes unsaid. An infinirange SSTO, no less!

I have to use space music that I really like because I have to listen to it for sometimes a week straight editing the video...  The first time I tried the Hunter SSTO in V1.0.5 I failed miserably so I thought it wouldn't work but I tried it again yesterday and got it into orbit with over 4K fuel plus some ore - more than enough to get to Minmus.  I've ported my career game over to the latest build and I'm already starting on the next video.  On a lighter note I was checking my crew manifest and checked out the stats on the Jorhat (the pilot of the craft in the video) not bad for a day's work... He only flew two missions LOL!

lDpg4Zg.png

JR

Edited by Jolly_Roger

8 hours ago, Puggonaut said:

Great Mods , liking these craft a lot

I erm modified you Falcon a bit , added Areospike Engines and the dish set from the joolinan Odyssey . I hope yer don't mind .

Those are some great shots!  The Falcon is my favorite ship of all time.  I'm testing a new version of it that has some "Pirate Tech" that will allow you to fly it anywhere in the stock game.  I'm still working on it but it will be out before the next Star Wars movie :cool:

JR

Edited by Jolly_Roger

2 hours ago, Jolly_Roger said:

Those are some great shots!  The Falcon is my favorite ship of all time.  I'm testing a new version of it that has some "Pirate Tech" that will allow you to fly it anywhere in the stock game.  I'm still working on it but it will be out before the next Star Wars movie :cool:

JR

Cool mate add me to the queue of people wanting the new version :lol:

2 hours ago, Jolly_Roger said:

JR

What is this "Pirate tech" you speak of? I hope it has cool modeling...

28 minutes ago, Heckspress said:

What is this "Pirate tech" you speak of? I hope it has cool modeling...

Nah nothing that crazy, it's a little tech I like to call the SKAT - Schrodenger's Kraken Antimatter Tank.  It converts your craft to run on antimatter and basically allows you to increase your engines fuel efficiency and power by 6000% or more.  I'm working with a couple of testers (Dafni and PointySideUp) to get all the bugs out and deal with balancing issues.  I've recently experienced a game crash so bad I had to reload KSP from scratch - I'm not sure if it was related to the tech or not but I have to keep testing to find out.  Also there are some control issues that result from the negative graviolie field it generates around your ship and I need to understand the nature of that before unleashing it the public...

JR

7 hours ago, Puggonaut said:

Short No sound clip in HD (Click on youtube settings to see it in 1040/60fps its only 1min 6secs long but created a over 2gb file , then compressed into 256mb via a editing program

More cool vids - I prefer the one with sound even though it's not as realistic, but it's the Millennium Falcon after all.

Anyhoo, I got yet another video to add.  It's the first in a new series documenting the testing of Pirate Tech.  It's a different format and I've created a new intro to differentiate it from my "Career Mode" series which is ongoing.

JR

Edit: The video link was duplicated below, so I removed this one.

Edited by Jolly_Roger

43 minutes ago, Jolly_Roger said:

More cool vids - I prefer the one with sound even though it's not as realistic, but it's the Millennium Falcon after all.

Anyhoo, I got yet another video to add.  It's the first in a new series documenting the testing of Pirate Tech.  It's a different format and I've created a new intro to differentiate it from my "Career Mode" series which is ongoing.

Enjoy!

JR

There is no sound in space ( ok a cop out , but you try finding a decent Mil-Falcon Sound Clip then editing the thing ) .

You need to add them vertical jets to your next version of the Mil-falc . Have you looked at GN Drive ? it has Anti-grav (wink wink say no more Guv) . Cool vid expected death an got it lol .

1 hour ago, Puggonaut said:

There is no sound in space ( ok a cop out , but you try finding a decent Mil-Falcon Sound Clip then editing the thing ) .

You need to add them vertical jets to your next version of the Mil-falc . Have you looked at GN Drive ? it has Anti-grav (wink wink say no more Guv) . Cool vid expected death an got it lol .

I'm already on it...  The 1.0.5 version of the Falcon already has vertical landing engines and I'm working a new video.  In the mean time here's Part 2 of my Pirate Tech video series.

JR

5 hours ago, Jolly_Roger said:

I'm still working out a few bugs in the design and the Pirate Tech - patience my friend.

JR

So am i working on yer 1.04 version , an ironing me own add on bugs out , Gets off the ground , goes from vertical lift to forward thrust , then flips like a Russian Gymnast :lol:

Hence two clips an flip part removed .

I always run my vids at higher speeds - mostly to get all the action to fit into a three and a half minute music video.  And this video is to show that being a Space pirate isn't all giggles - I have bad days too :D

JR

Edited by Jolly_Roger

On 3/6/2016 at 5:49 PM, DedTheros said:

Do you use any mods?  If so which ones?

I don't use any mods for my designs - the craft I create (and the videos I make with them) are all done in the stock game.  I do this so that if a person wants to download my craft file there is no other requirements to make it work.

That said, the Pirate Tech is a different type of mod.  It comes along with the craft file so it still runs in the stock game - no additional downloads are required.  I'm currently working out the bugs on the Pirate Tech mod but I will likely be releasing some craft files in the next few weeks or so.

JR

3 minutes ago, Jolly_Roger said:

That said, the Pirate Tech is a different type of mod.  It comes along with the craft file so it still runs in the stock game - no additional downloads are required.  I'm currently working out the bugs on the Pirate Tech mod but I will likely be releasing some craft files in the next few weeks or so.

Is Pirate Tech a standalone mod? Does it include parts that we can then throw onto other crafts?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.