Apollo Mission Recreation (And More!) [Requesting Ground Crew Aid!]

ZooNamedGames

1. If that's what the probes made for, then ofc. Your payload engineer, I'll put it where you tell me.

2. It is a major maneuver.

3. Again yes.

You tell me, can the booster/payload make it to the planned destination? We'll follow whatever plan you have for us.

The transfer stage (which I'm calling the D-979) can make it to a geostationary, 0o inclination orbit with >500 m/s ∆V to spare, but that's a really long travel time- 10 hours from GTO burn to circularization burn, plus up to 24 hours of tiny orbital adjustments.

So, here's what I suggest: burn to orbit with the first and second stages of the S-IB. Decouple the S-IVB200. While you guys run systems checks on the payload, I'll deorbit the S-IVB200. After about a half orbit of the payload, we burn at the ascending node to put our apogee at the descending node, with an altitude of 35,786 kilometers. Then we recheck the payload and transfer stage, plot a burn to circularize, and end the simulation, assuming that the company we put the satellite up for will circularize, and decouple the payload, and conduct station-keeping on the orbit.

The steps, in general order, are:

Disable RCS on the payload and D-979

Burn S-IB stage

Decouple S-IB stage, fire retro and ullage motors

Engage RCS

Ignite S-IVB200 stage

Release payload fairings

Burn to an optimal 200 km orbit

Cut J-2 engine

Separate payload and D-979 from S-IVB200

Enable RCS on the D-979

Run systems checks on the payload and D-979

Plot deorbit burn for S-IVB200

Plot GTO burn for D-979

Deorbit S-IVB200 and burn D-979 for GTO

Run systems checks on the D-979 and payload

Plot circularization and inclination change burn

end sim

The transfer stage (which I'm calling the D-979) can make it to a geostationary, 0o inclination orbit with >500 m/s ∆V to spare, but that's a really long travel time- 10 hours from GTO burn to circularization burn, plus up to 24 hours of tiny orbital adjustments.

So, here's what I suggest: burn to orbit with the first and second stages of the S-IB. Decouple the S-IVB200. While you guys run systems checks on the payload, I'll deorbit the S-IVB200. After about a half orbit of the payload, we burn at the ascending node to put our apogee at the descending node, with an altitude of 35,786 kilometers. Then we recheck the payload and transfer stage, plot a burn to circularize, and end the simulation, assuming that the company we put the satellite up for will circularize, and decouple the payload, and conduct station-keeping on the orbit.

The steps, in general order, are:

Disable RCS on the payload and D-979

Burn S-IB stage

Decouple S-IB stage, fire retro and ullage motors

Engage RCS

Ignite S-IVB200 stage

Release payload fairings

Burn to an optimal 200 km orbit

Cut J-2 engine

Separate payload and D-979 from S-IVB200

Enable RCS on the D-979

Run systems checks on the payload and D-979

Plot deorbit burn for S-IVB200

Plot GTO burn for D-979

Deorbit S-IVB200 and burn D-979 for GTO

Run systems checks on the D-979 and payload

Plot circularization and inclination change burn

end sim

Alright noted. For this mission you'll also be Assistant Flight Director since you made the payload. Meaning any questions, commands or otherwise will be forwarded to you. I simply follow that flight plan to the best of my ability, your ultimately the one who tells the mission controls what to do.

Alright noted. For this mission you'll also be Assistant Flight Director since you made the payload. Meaning any questions, commands or otherwise will be forwarded to you. I simply follow that flight plan to the best of my ability, your ultimately the one who tells the mission controls what to do.

Why don't you give him a positon as Payload Officer? His job would be to oversee the payload.

Also.. shouldn't we draft out a flight plan?

I still have questions about the mission we are gonna do... who'se gonna control the craft?

Edited by MK3424

Why don't you give him a positon as Payload Officer? His job would be to oversee the payload.

Also.. shouldn't we draft out a flight plan?

I still have questions about the mission we are gonna do... who'se gonna control the craft?

I considered giving him the role of payload officer, but it was easier to just give him the role of assistant flight director instead.

Whoever has port forwarding enabled will host this mission. This may mean that you have to do it Saturday. Can you perform this launch. yes or no?

I considered giving him the role of payload officer, but it was easier to just give him the role of assistant flight director instead.

Whoever has port forwarding enabled will host this mission. This may mean that you have to do it Saturday. Can you perform this launch. yes or no?

I shall try: i will make a seperate install of the game and make shure the required mods are installed.

Edited by MK3424

Hey, can you guys check to make sure that I set up the action groups correctly? I launched it a few times as a test, but the D-979 was having trouble with the RCS. It may even need to be changed to another set of thrusters, but I want to make sure that I didn't mess anything up first.

Hey, can you guys check to make sure that I set up the action groups correctly? I launched it a few times as a test, but the D-979 was having trouble with the RCS. It may even need to be changed to another set of thrusters, but I want to make sure that I didn't mess anything up first.

At 11am EST, me and booster will check out all systems to your specifications to make sure everything is working.

- - - Updated - - -

Ignition will occur at 1:59:56 PM EST.

- - - Updated - - -

Still need someone to record this!!!

At 11am EST, me and booster will check out all systems to your specifications to make sure everything is working.

Ok. Who is booster, since I'm AFD for this?

Ignition will occur at 1:59:56 PM EST.

Ok, so 4 seconds of burn, then liftoff!

Still need someone to record this!!!

Sorry, can't help you there. My computer can only handle KSP and some internet, not a streaming feed. What if we invited a streamer to this?

Ok. Who is booster, since I'm AFD for this?

Ok, so 4 seconds of burn, then liftoff!

Sorry, can't help you there. My computer can only handle KSP and some internet, not a streaming feed. What if we invited a streamer to this?

Your still booster, just with additional power.

Exactly, engines start 4 seconds before complete tower separation.

Understood.

Your still booster, just with additional power.

Exactly, engines start 4 seconds before complete tower separation.

Understood.

For this i will use Smart parts: low level automation by using timers i can automate staging, but do you mind if i use MJ for guidance?

For this i will use Smart parts: low level automation by using timers i can automate staging, but do you mind if i use MJ for guidance?

That would probably be the easiest way to get it to a 200x200 km orbit. It would keep us from having to plot an optimal trajectory, too.

If it's possible, keep MJ from using the transfer stage.

Also, here is the updated craft. The RCS thrusters were broken on the transfer stage, so I switched them out. You'll want to remap them to AG 4, though.

http://www./download/stocl53a4y033wv/Geosat__Transfer_stage_S-IB.craft

Guys, i just received devastating news: my greatgrandmother passed away last night at the age of 97 in her sleep.

I thought i could handle with it... but i'm overwhelmed with it...

Is there somebody who can take it over for me this time?

Guys, i just received devastating news: my greatgrandmother passed away last night at the age of 97 in her sleep.

I thought i could handle with it... but i'm overwhelmed with it...

Is there somebody who can take it over for me this time?

We understand- you do what you need to. We need dedication here but that's 1000x more important.

I'm sorry for your loss Mk. If you need someone to talk to, you have my steam.

Worst case scenario we do hold the launch. Not like we can't push for another day.

- - - Updated - - -

I hope none of that seemed insensitive- I really really do for sorry for your loss. I'm just both sympathizing and trying to get important information out.

You take a break Mk.

Guys, i'm trying to get the game working, but it keeps freezing on certain stock parts without the issue that i'm going over the RAM usage limit...

I'm trying to fix it... but i don't know if it's gonna be resolved.

Guys, i'm trying to get the game working, but it keeps freezing on certain stock parts without the issue that i'm going over the RAM usage limit...

I'm trying to fix it... but i don't know if it's gonna be resolved.

Mk- you dont have to do this. You go mourn, we'll figure something out.