The Grand KSP 1.0.5 Discussion Thread!

KasperVld

* Contract Decline Penalty: A small reputation penalty is incurred when a contract is declined, to prevent Mission Control from being abused as a slot machine.

I really don't care much for this one. I absolutely hate "ferrying tourists". I'm a SCIENCE MAN, man! I ain't got no time to spit Kawaiian be-shirted, camera toting unscientific nobodies (that believe storms on Duna could actually be violent enough to cause a mission abort) into space, only to risk uber rep if I end up roasting them on a Rockomax spit!

Or likewise, having a ton of part testing contracts. It eats up space for real contracts, like station and base and satellite stuff. NASA ain't lost no real reputation for turning down tourists. Since when has any organization been obligated to accept a contract they don't want any part of?

I could see canceling a contract that's been taken resulting in stiffer penalties, but to actually lose rep cause you don't see any contracts that are fun to you? That's the LITERAL definition of a game adding a thing that kills fun. I literally do not want to be punished for clearing out a list of not fun things, in the hopes of getting fun things.

* Save and load kerbal trait in save games, trait is generated from name hash only if not specified in the save.

HALLELUJAH! I have been SO SICK of adding random spaces and periods into the middle and end of names to make them do the jobs I want them to do! For some ODD reason, some of my characters from 0.90, when I created a new save file for 1.0.x and renamed a few new recruits to match my old characters, I found the jobs were not the same. I LOVE the idea of the initial job being still based on the name hash, but saving it as an actual attribute in the save file, that can then be changed! I've been asking for this!

THANK YOU!

* Flags no longer count as active flights on the Resume Game interface in the Main Menu.

Again, THANK YOU!!! I've been asking for this since 0.25! Really made it confusing to actually have a clue how many real flights you had when loading anything!

Edited by richfiles

They're not, as far as I can tell from reading the patch notes, they're an optional option in the part configs for part-makers, so they don't need to make their own module to make gendered docking ports.

I don't think there's any gendered docking ports that are stock, just an option implemented in the stock "part module" for add-on developers.

Would this fix the bug stock or otherwise when you dock 2 craft with cockpits one gets messed up as the internal camera gets assigned to the docking port...thus you can see your own ship clipping through its own cockpit?

Or in my case.. Allow control trailers on trains without the above happening?

someone noticed this? :P

http://i.imgur.com/MMbPnhK.jpg

Bugs found till now:

1 - Body Lift doesn't work

2 - Debug window error spam (carrer code error in SandBox mode)

That error is indicative of having an outdated version of Asteroid Day installed. Please update to the version that was uploaded concurrently with 1.0.5.

Started a new career stock game, the longer fuel tanks should be avaiable earlier. Stackin the small ones makes the rocket spaghetti and really fuel innefficient.

But overall I like the 1.05 upgrade. Is it just me or have they done something to the graphics? Looks a little bit better now, lighting or something?

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/38768-1-0-3-Editor-Extensions-v2-12-23-June

You can have any symmetry number you want if you use EE mod... some things are broken in it now like the verticle snap... but you can overcome this with the offset tool while snap is still on, its just not as quick and easy.

Vertical snap is working fine for me. Are you trying to do it the old way by toggling snap mode by pressing V? Now you just hover the cursor over a part after it's been placed and press V to snap it.

* Contract Decline Penalty: A small reputation penalty is incurred when a contract is declined, to prevent Mission Control from being abused as a slot machine.

I really don't care much for this one. I absolutely hate "ferrying tourists". I'm a SCIENCE MAN, man! I ain't got no time to spit Kawaiian be-shirted, camera toting unscientific nobodies (that believe storms on Duna could actually be violent enough to cause a mission abort) into space, only to risk uber rep if I end up roasting them on a Rockomax spit!

Or likewise, having a ton of part testing contracts. It eats up space for real contracts, like station and base and satellite stuff. NASA ain't lost no real reputation for turning down tourists. Since when has any organization been obligated to accept a contract they don't want any part of?

I could see canceling a contract that's been taken resulting in stiffer penalties, but to actually lose rep cause you don't see any contracts that are fun to you? That's the LITERAL definition of a game adding a thing that kills fun. I literally do not want to be punished for clearing out a list of not fun things, in the hopes of getting fun things.

I haven't played it yet, but is it not that you lose reputation for declining a contract, but not necessarily for simply ignoring it and letting it disappear on its own?

Has the way the right mouse button works been changed?

It seems to stick and I have to click again to stop the camera movement.

maybe it's just me, or maybe it's a feature that I'm mistaking for an issue.

Double right-click toggles mouse view (and the hotkey for it is backslash). You can disable the feature in the settings if you dislike it.

Is it just me, or can Kerbals no longer take surface samples, even with a fully upgraded astronaut complex? I tried to get a surface sample at the beach with Jeb, and the option was no longer there.

Edit: Nevermind. It's in R&D upgrades now. Derp.

Edited by Gwtheyrn
grammar, punctuation

Tempted to fire up a new career, but... I want 64 bit first, tbh, and will hold out until xmas. Massive congrats and thanks to the devs though, changes all look great!

* There is also now a fourth record "track" for oceanic depth.

Colour me intrigued...

Aaarrgh... Bugtastic release.

When is 1.0.6 going to drop?

The not tracking station

http://i.imgur.com/lna0xxo.png

Please see if you can make this happen on an unmodded install and with clear reproduction steps, if you can then report it either in the support forum or the bugtracker so the devs can fix it.

Poking around in the new cockpit IVA. Noticed the "sun roof" as seen from the outside, that's cool. But...

hsro2l8.jpg

Switches? Joysticks? A navball!?!?

Considering this is pointed up at the cockpit's "ceiling", is this supposed to be a spaceplane docking view/control area?

Edited by Kyrt Malthorn
Typo

not sure if its a bug but kerbals now skip of the water if u EVA out b4 landing? so far ive managed to skip bob off the water 7 times from a 3.5km starting height useing the MK-1 command pod and flee solid booster to get out to the waterline. i dont know if its the horizontal or vertical speed that gets him in the end but its fun and maybe the kerbal water trampoline contest will be announced soon lol

ps thnx for the update and im sure i will love the other bits when i get board of water hopping and try them out :)

Switches? Joysticks? A navball!?!?

Considering this is pointed up at the cockpit's "ceiling", is this supposed to be a spaceplane docking view/control area?

I suppose it is!

The Space Shuttle had exactly such a thing for docking or control of the Canadarm.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.