I was asked to join a SketchFab contest... Should I do it?

Jett_Quasar

We all know you posted it so people would look at your ship and tell you how great it is. Maybe post the contest so others can enter.

But if you look at the contest rules, the entries need to recreate a specific scene from one of the movies and I have no idea how I could do that... Also this craft doesn't even work in KSP any more due to changes in the game mechanics in the latest release so I'm not even sure what the point of sharing it out would be.

JR

Edited by Jolly_Roger

But if you look at the contest rules, the entries need to recreate a specific scene from one of the movies and I have no idea how I could do that... Also this craft doesn't even work in KSP any more due to changes in the game mechanics in the latest release so I'm not even sure what the point of sharing it out would be.

JR

Fun stuff - you need to be SketchFab Pro in order to change the background.

In your place I would actually create a diorama in KSP itself, like building the Death Star hangar around the Falcon in the old version of KSP, and then export the entire shebang to SketchFab. It's possible. I've uploaded 200++ part stations to SketchFab before and the only persons who suffer are mobile phone users. Hahaha!

If you get that in the contest I'll follow up with a Y-Wing from 1.0.5 or something. Maybe the royal Naboo cruiser since I like princessy stuff. And on a random note - Apparently a few blocks from my workplace there's a life size X-Wing on display at the airport!

You could probably set up an escape from Hoth scene near the north pole or collect a whole load of asteroids and fly it through them :D

That would be cool if we can set these things up on Sketchfab, but remember - we can't. We can only export the craft and set up the lightning angles. And some materials stuff.

That's it. No props. No separate craft on screen.

Something like this.

It's a bit hard to setup a Star Wars action scene with just one ship. It's not really SketchFab's fault or KSP's fault, it's just how we export our models using craft files. I'm pretty sure one can build an absolutely massive "craft" as an interior diorama but that's not the point of KSP craft building. It's not impossible to convert the VAB or SPH into a huge sound stage though!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.