[Invention] Space Program Flight Records

HOC

hyM5O.png

I started recording my flights, in a very simple note form, a few days ago. I\'m now starting to amass a cool notebook of flight logs, which I absolutely love.

Let\'s do the same! If you wish to record your flight on this thread, fill out the fields below in a reply and we can start to keep track of things, here at the Kerbal Space Program.

CRAFT:

MISSION:

CREW:

LAUNCH DATE:

NOTES:

FLIGHT DURATION:

MISSION OUTCOME:

As a side note, my favourite three records shall be copied up onto this original post. There is no way to nominate your record for this, nor is there any specific aspect I\'m looking for that qualifies a record for a spot. I don\'t want to provoke a competition to \'record the best mission\', just for us to create a massive history of flights.

Be it normal or strange, interesting or boring, short or long, a failure or a success; let\'s record some flights!

I\'ll enter my most recent record as an example:

CRAFT: Innovation Mk1

MISSION:Craft Test- Land on the Mun and return to Kerbin

CREW: Ludlen, Bobsen, and Rodwell Kerman

LAUNCH DATE: 11-06-12

NOTES:

• [li]Three large debris left in LKO.[/li]
    [li]Mun landing speed: 0.5m/s[/li]
    [li]Landing site altitude: 965m[/li]
    [li]Debris that would\'ve been released upon Mun escape was kept until periapsis reached zero, to prevent it being left in HKO.[/li]
    [li]Highest Gee Force endured: 6.2 (Within Crew Limits)[/li]

FLIGHT DURATION: 000:19:20:24

MISSION OUTCOME: Success!

Know what? I\'m gonna start doing this on my own now. Thanks so much! :D

I have a clipboard I use for rocket plans and orbital tables, so now I\'m gonna set up a table! :D

Don\'t forget to share some with us :) The more we have the better.

You should change this to a 'mission assist, record and report' thread. Where users can record their missions, report the outcomes and share calculations, data and all kinds of neat stuff. Whether you do or not, I\'ve got a mission report here.

CRAFT:

Merkury/Spearhead Missile.

MISSION:

To test real life effects to a full two orbit mission in a small and confined space with zero time warp for the duration of the mission.

CREW:

Jebediah Kerman, Bill Kerman and Bob Kerman (I cleared my SFS file) and of course, I felt like a fourth crew member on this flight.

LAUNCH DATE:

June 11th, 2012

NOTES:

Time to Max-Q: Approximately 1 minute and 23 seconds.

Pitch program altitude: 10KM.

Orbital Altitude: 80kmx74km (eccentric intentionally).

All (4) crew members reacted well to the long duration, zero timewarp flight.

Stages to orbit: 2

Capsule separation: AP+1 minute

Orbital Period: 30.9 Minutes

Orbit Count: 2

Several constellations charted and mapped

Geographic continents named.

Max G force: 3 G\'s.

(If I think of anymore, I will edit).

FLIGHT DURATION:

~63 minutes

MISSION OUTCOME:

Completely and utterly successful and nominal every step of the way.

I\'ve got one:

CRAFT: X-11 'Razorback' (SSTO Spaceplane)

MISSION: Capabilities Assesment, Flight Testing

CREW: Bill, Jebediah and Bob Kerman (Funny how it turned out that way)

LAUNCH DATE: 11-06-12

NOTES:

• [li]Center of thrust slightly off center of mass, results in instability while burning in space[/li]
    [li]Successful Minmus transfer[/li]
    [li]Minmus orbital insertion successful[/li]
    [li]Minmus escape successful[/li]
    [li]Successful landing outside of KSP terrain.[/li]

FLIGHT DURATION: Didn\'t record

MISSION OUTCOME: Success

I did this a couple hours ago, so I forgot some of the details. I\'ll do a flight of the X-11-B later on. Also, should we include pictures if we can?

I haven\'t had any time to write up the report yet, but I\'m thinking of making it several pages - perhaps it could be like a manilla folder kinda thing. The first pages would be for diagrams and possibly photos of assembly or launch, then mission overview (basically the stuff you see when you end the flight), and then details (when stages were separated, notes, etc.).

I haven\'t had any time to write up the report yet, but I\'m thinking of making it several pages - perhaps it could be like a manilla folder kinda thing. The first pages would be for diagrams and possibly photos of assembly or launch, then mission overview (basically the stuff you see when you end the flight), and then details (when stages were separated, notes, etc.).

I\'d prefer you to do that somewhere off of the thread, and link to it instead. I created this thread with the intention of it being just a log of brief mission reports.

Also, should we include pictures if we can?

If you want to, I\'d suggest keeping it to a minimum- perhaps a maximum of three? Also, bearing in mind what I\'ve said above, remember to spoiler them guys.

I\'d prefer you to do that somewhere off of the thread, and link to it instead. I created this thread with the intention of it being just a log of brief mission reports.

If you want to, I\'d suggest keeping it to a minimum- perhaps a maximum of three? Also, bearing in mind what I\'ve said above, remember to spoiler them guys.

My original idea. I just wanted to get your opinions. And also, I only wanted 3 pages - rocket, mission, extra.

CRAFT: Lunusian Orbiter 1-A, Test Rocket

MISSION: 100KM circular orbit around Kerbin

CREW: Bill Kerman, Jebediah Kerman, Bob Kerman

LAUNCH DATE: 6/11/12

NOTES: Extra fuel left; possible Mun orbit abilities?

FLIGHT DURATION: Appx. one hour, exact time not recorded

CRAFT:

Merkury Capsule

MISSION:

80kmx75km Orbit around Kerbin to test first attempts at navigating by the stars, identifying previously mapped constellations and testing new theories for early deorbits.

CREW:

Calwin Kerman, Nelgard Kerman, Genefred Kerman.

LAUNCH DATE:

June 11th, 2012

NOTES:

Winglet jettison from Launch vehicle at 12KM.

Launch Escape Tower Jettison at 30KM.

Pitch over at 10KM.

Capsule separation at AP+.5 minutes.

Staging at 70KM altitude.

Two orbits

Timewarp=Yes.

FLIGHT DURATION:

~63 minutes.

MISSION OUTCOME:

Nominal flight plan outcome

CRAFT: O-1 Nighthawk

MISSION: Flight Profile Testing

CREW: N/A

LAUNCH DATE: 6/11/2012

NOTES: Flight succeeded in majority of ways imaginable. First stage dropped [REDACTED] once they run out of fuel, and continued to an altitude of [REDACTED]. Second stage followed suit, but with less fuel. Third stage achieved orbit of [REDACTED] meters, and orbited for approximately ten hours. De-orbit burn occurred above the city of [REDACTED], and the vacuum engines were ejected, leaving the single atmospheric engine. Re-entry went normal, with speed in excess of 2,000 m/s. Within five miles of the landing zone at [REDACTED], craft lost control due to [REDACTED]. No loss of life occurred in resulting crash. Debris located at [REDACTED].

FLIGHT DURATION: Approx. 10 hours

MISSION OUTCOME: Failure. A-1 attack craft dispatched for destruction of debris.

CRAFT: Lunusian Orbiter 1-A

MISSION: 100KM circular polar orbit, to test the amount of thrust needed to overcome Kerbin\'s rotation

CREW: Jedvin, Neilnand and Orby Kerman

LAUNCH DATE: June 11th, 2012

NOTES:

• Imperfect orbit due to rotation\'s unexpected power in influencing orbits

• Larger amounts of fuel expended in achieving this orbit

•No debris left in orbit, as per usual (The lowest stage brings the craft up to its apogee and then decouples, eventually crashing into Kerbin; the next stage is both the orbit and deorbit stage, so it crashes down as well, leaving the command pod and a parachute for landing.)

• One pilot\'s eyesight was temporarily injured from looking down onto snow in daytime - make Jeb share his sunglasses with the recruits next time.

FLIGHT DURATION: Appx. 30 minutes

MISSION OUTCOME: Minor success, due to the orbit being slightly skewed.

MISSION OUTCOME: Failure. A-1 attack craft dispatched for destruction of debris.

Please, I\'d love to see this attack craft. I could do with something similar to clear up all my rubbish...

(I KNOW I can edit persistence files! I want to do it legit!)

Please, I\'d love to see this attack craft. I could do with something similar to clear up all my rubbish...

(I KNOW I can edit persistence files! I want to do it legit!)

Right here: http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/index.php?topic=14013.0

Now, we didn\'t want anyone getting hands on this design... so we blew it up with our fastest and most maneuverable airplanes.

CRAFT: Innovation Mk2

MISSION: Craft Test- Achieve 100km circular orbit

CREW: Bill, Jebediah, and Bob Kerman

LAUNCH DATE: 12-06-12

NOTES:

• [li]Craft was launched before pre-flight checks were carried out;
    -staging was incorrect
    -required fuel ducts were missing[/li]
    [li]Launch stage was unbalanced and reacted sluggishly to controls.[/li]
    [li]Launch stage over burned, resulting in 150km apoapsis.[/li]
    [li]Mission was aborted and crew landed safely on KSC terrain.[/li]
    [li]Craft design was intended to prevent debris being left in LKO- if mission had not been aborted debris would still have been dumped.[/li]
    [li]Highest Gee Force endured: 5.0 (Within Crew Limits)[/li]

FLIGHT DURATION: 000:00:50:20

MISSION OUTCOME: Failure

CRAFT: Innovation Mk3

MISSION: Craft Test- Reach 10km and safely abort.

CREW: Bill, Jebediah, and Bob Kerman

LAUNCH DATE: 15-06-12

NOTES:

• [li]Craft passed all pre-flight checks.[/li]
    [li]Upon launch two engines on the South side of the ship failed and detached.[/li]
    [li]At MET 000:00:00:02 the Craft collided with the launch tower and exploded.[/li]
    [li]No crew members survived.[/li]

MISSION OUTCOME: Catastrophic Failure.

Our condolences to the Kerman family.

Craft: O-2 Nighthawk

Mission: Carry three kerbals into a circular orbit between 150,000 meters and 200,000 meters.

Crew: Bill, Jebediah, Bob Kerman

Launch Date: 6/15/2012

Notes:

Craft took off like it was intended to. Boosters separated and split way off, not even touching the craft like Flight #[REDACTED]. First stage engines went out all at once, unlike Flight #[REDACTED]. Second stage SRBs lifted the craft away from the first stage, and the LFE\'s ignited, without blowing up the first stage like Flight #[REDACTED]. Second stage burned out after gravity turn, apogee at 130,000 meters. Third stage ignited, apogee up to 155,000 meters. Circularization burn increased apogee to 170,000 meters, perigee to 140,000 meters. Second circularization burn performed, orbit had altitude difference of 10,000 meters between apogee and perigee. De-orbit occured approx. 23 hours later, craft re-entered the atmosphere 100 kilometers west of KSC, atmospheric engine kicked in at 20,000 meters, after third stage separation. Craft flew at 12,000 meters to KSC, glided into landing, landing gear deployed ten seconds before touchdown, braking parachute five. Crew came to a gentle halt, craft was fine, batteries depleted less than expected, solar panels will no longer be needed. Solar Panels emitted from O-2 designs.

Mission Outcome: Total Success, Orbiter-2 design proved effective. Redesign for cargo bays in the fuselage may be expected soon, others promote the cargo being carried in eject-able carrying pods under the wings. May the cheapest design win.

MET: 00:01:01:45:32

Craft: 0-2 Nighthawk

Mission: Carry three kerbals into an orbit ~155,000 meters, orbit for upwards of ten days.

Crew: Muning, Halrey, and Wehrly Kerman

Launch Date: 6/17/2012

Notes: Craft flew straight to desired altitude, gained nearly perfectly circular orbit, orbited for twelve days, de-orbited, and landed on the runway at KSC. Landing was a tad bouncy, needs work. Press was at runway to observe landing.

Mission Outcome: Success, stayed in orbit two extra days due to the lack of problems in the flight.

MET: 00:12:13:43:13

CRAFT: Eceron Ascent Vehicle (EAV)

MISSION: Epsilon A4 - Transport Eceron Ascent Vehicle with crew to Minmusan Orbit, deorbit lander into Eceron Station

CREW: Bobford Kerman, Anline Kerman, Billard Kerman

LAUNCH DATE: 6/17/12

NOTES: EAV proceeded successfully to circular parking orbit at 123 thousand meters. Trans-Minmusan Injection burn successful, apoapsis level with Minmus orbit at 0* inclination, heading 90*. Injection into hyper-minmus orbit successful, as was the orbital insertion burn. Apomin after burn: 15 thousand meters. Retrograde burn at 10 days, 6 hours, 18 minutes, 23 seconds for landing. Thrust spread off-heading, ship pinwheels off-course. After 1 minute, fuel expended, ship on collision course. BRING ASAS on next flight.

FLIGHT DURATION: 10 days, 6 hours, 27 minutes, 12 seconds

MISSION OUTCOME: FAILURE

CRAFT: Munar rover (Part of munar habitation module)

MISSION: Land at Munar habitation module, then investigate nearby arch, then return

CREW: Maldorf Kerman, Ronrick Kerman, Orner Kerman.

LAUNCH DATE: 6/17/12

NOTES: The rover took many samples of arch rock and landed on top of it. Many cool pictures were taken. Currently resting at Munar habitation module.

FLIGHT DURATION: Continuing

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.