[1.0.5] RadiatorToggle v1.1: Save electricity when not in use

Snark

44 minutes ago, Deimos Rast said:

(and works with hotkeys too, although that might be one of my other mods coming into play)

If, by "works with hotkeys," you mean "you can add it to action groups", then that's by design, it's part of RadiatorToggle, and you're welcome.  :)

Incidentally, if (like me) you're in the habit of using certain standard things in certain standard action groups all the time (for example, I always put "toggle solar panels" in action group 1, "toggle radiators" in group 2, etc.), and if you're not allergic to tinkering with ModuleManager config, then you might enjoy another mod I wrote, DefaultActionGroups.

https://spacedock.info/mod/24/DefaultActionGroups

It enables you to use a snippet of ModuleManager config to "decorate" any part you like, so that the part's action will automatically get added by default to whatever action group you like.  The mod includes only a small amount of such config (it hooks up cabin lights to the Lights group by default, and includes an optional bit of config for putting "toggle solar panels" into Custom1), but you can use the included config as examples to set up your own parts however you like them.

So, with that mod in hand, you could set it up so that (for example) all radiators are automatically added to the Custom2 hotkey (or whatever group you prefer) when you add parts to a ship in the VAB, the same way that landing gear automatically gets added to Gear, etc.

I was petitioning the Action Group Extended guy (Diazo, does great work) for something similar, but he has his hands full at the moment; I will most definitely check your mod out.

(I think I'll add biomes to Jool while I'm at it too!)

Thank you very much - you might have just made my day.:)

6 hours ago, Deimos Rast said:

I was petitioning the Action Group Extended guy (Diazo, does great work) for something similar, but he has his hands full at the moment; I will most definitely check your mod out.

(I think I'll add biomes to Jool while I'm at it too!)

Thank you very much - you might have just made my day.:)

Yeah, Diazo is good people.  :)

He's the guy who helped me out with advice when I was banging my head against a wall trying to figure out how to get DefaultActionGroups to work.  Couldn't have done it without him.

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

Just a note to let you know that RadiatorToggle is now officially mothballed.

With the release of KSP 1.1, this mod is now obsolete, for the best possible reason:  the behavior is now stock!  :)

Therefore, you no longer need this mod if you're running KSP 1.1 or later.

Thanks to everyone who sent kind words my way about the mod-- I'm glad you found it useful.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.