1.1, will i need to re-do all my craft yet again?

I actually enjoy reinventing the wheel every time I start a new game. Most of my early vessels wind up being identical to the ones I used last game, but sometimes the mission parameters change. Contracts are different, and I'll decide it's worth the 20,000 fund bonus to include a part or use a different engine than I had planned. I tend not to build standardized, reusable vessels until I've finished up the tech tree. Once I start building those, however, I'll always forget some little detail, or wonder how I managed to cram all the science parts into my tiny little spaceplane last time, and I wind up doing things differently anyway. I learn new techniques that way, and it keeps the game from getting old.

[quote name='mattinoz']I'd agree with you while the software was early-access but it's not anymore.
Maybe 1.1 should be re-branded 0.97 (or 2.a.1) if it's going to break saves.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, maybe it should.

Sorry but KSP going v1.0 was really silly move on squads part. the game was not complete then and isn't complete now. the jump to "version 1" has just made it more difficult to implement balance and content updates.

The game is still not balanced and still missing features so we are still in early access regardless of the number at the bottom of the title screen.

For all those claiming that KSP moving to release means that it should be complete; consider this - Microsoft shipped Windows 1.0 is 1985. Are you claiming that because they made it a release, they should have stuck with that version's quirks and defects forever more? For all its faults (please, leave arguments behind about which current version is obviously best and why no later version counts), Windows today is better than it was 30 years ago.

The same can be said for any modern operating system, or (generalising), *any* popular software product that isn't just a flash in the pan. I *love* the fact that KSP doesn't seem to just be a one-off, "release it and we're done" product.

They moved to version 1. That *did* allow them to enter several competitions recently which they won. It's a good product. And I don't expect it to stand still. Edited by Damien_The_Unbeliever

[quote name='fireblade274']1.05 broke basically all my med and large sized craft, mainly my space planes and rockets that become a spaceplane on re-entry ;.;. When 1.1 comes out, please Squad, don't make me rage and have to do it all again. I'm slowly getting used to the update, but please. Please don't change the laws of virtual physics again. And if you are going to (don't), let us know so we can bring everyone home first.[/QUOTE]

Couldn't you make a backup of the present one to use when the update comes so you can bring crews home? and then port that save into the main?

Yes, I could. And if it comes to that, I will. But I've never played a game before where anything remotely like this was necessary. Granted, there has never been a game quite like KSP before, that lets us do so many really cool physic-ey things. But, my point still stands. We shouldn't have to be reinventing the wheel (er, spaceship lol) after the game is officially "released". If that's selfish, well, *sigh* I'm only human.

If craft / saves have to be broken to improve the game I've completely fine with that. Progress should not be sacrificed just because people don't want to rebuild a craft.

Though I would prefer them to be not broken if that is an option. Hoping everyone's stuff no longer works just for the sake of breaking them seems rather odd...

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000] [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][COLOR=windowtext][FONT=Arial][FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]Well you know 1.1 with the physics port is going to change everything several more times (I’m guessing like 3 times – once when they initially release it and then maybe two more times after that as they try to rebalance it to quiet all the screams of outrage), but then I really do hope they do try to leave the basic physics the same as much as they can. If like me you are focused on probing the limits of what can be done, having those change significantly before you can really get a handle on the problem over and over and over again is starting to wear a little thin.[/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR]

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000] [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.