Kerbfleet: A Jool Odyssey-CHAPTER 21 pg 18--He's a docking wizard! (there had to be a twist?)

Mister Dilsby

10 hours ago, Kuzzter said:

Before anyone comments, yes I do know how mass and gravity work in our world. If you haven't noticed, this comic is not set in our world. Carry on

Ha... I wish I could "like" this line independently of the comic page.  Nice to come home and get a new strip and a chuckle.

Thanks and [please] keep it up!

<back to lurking quietly>

Edited by boccelounge
good manners

8 hours ago, Kuzzter said:

*snip*

Before anyone comments, yes I do know how mass and gravity work in our world. If you haven't noticed, this comic is not set in our world. Carry on :) 

GASP!!!! *comes to realize that Enterprise got hit* NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

25 minutes ago, Wildcat111 said:

GASP!!!! *comes to realize that Enterprise got hit* NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, but if she's anything like her namesake (and you can pick from any of them), she can survive a hit!  :wink:

17 minutes ago, 0111narwhalz said:

How effective will she be when down a nacelle?

Well, I can't really tell if hit the nacelle or not, but assuming it did, you'll note the lower mainsail engine. If I'm correct, this is likely an equivalent of an "impulse engine", and should still be enough to move her around.  

My question: if she did survive, can she now return fire?  I mean come on.. we're talkin' about the Admiral... surely she has something up her sleeve... :D

Edited by Just Jim

2 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

My question... if she did survive... can she now return fire?  

They don't need to. They took the hit, which means it's now safer for the Glidos to go to work. One of those missiles would likely have killed a Glido. 

1 hour ago, Just Jim said:

Yeah, but if she's anything like her namesake (and you can pick from any of them), she can survive a hit!  :wink:

Yup, heard in a YouTube video that Enterprise got hit by a kamikaze at the end of the war!

Edited by Wildcat111

10 hours ago, Wildcat111 said:

Yup, heard in a YouTube video that Enterprise got hit by a kamikaze at the end of the war!

I don't want to get too far off topic, but yes, the real Enterprise went thru a lot, and survived.

So I suppose the real question is: how much, or little, is @Kuzzter basing his Enterprise on the original? Only time will tell... :)

1 hour ago, DarkOwl57 said:

I know this is kinda off-topic, but could we maybe see some more backstory? Sorta like the "Year before Zero" intermission thingy a few months back?

Sorry, I take neither requests nor "summonses". I write what needs to be written to tell the story I want to tell. 

14 hours ago, Just Jim said:

My question: if she did survive, can she now return fire?  I mean come on.. we're talkin' about the Admiral... surely she has something up her sleeve... :D

I'm imagining a transmitter dish somewhere being used as a highly powerful directed energy weapon/"Reroute through main deflector" moment.

The question is not if the Enterprise is based off Enterprise, but Enterprise is based off of which Enterprise. Because the Star Trek Enterprise was continually damaged, and destroyed several times. The real Enterprise, the first one, was scrapped after WW2. The nuclear-powered Enterprise is still operational today, and as far as I know, it suffered no damage. Or it could be making its own legacy, only the all-knowing Kuzzter knows.

Edited by Alpha 360
"Kouston, we have several problems, but that doesn't matter so we want to continue on with the mission."

Just now, Alpha 360 said:

The question is not if the Enterprise is based off Enterprise, but Enterprise is based off of which Enterprise. Because the Star Trek Enterprise was continually damaged, and destroyed several times. The real Enterprise, the first one, was scrapped after WW2. The nuclear-powered Enterprise is still operational today, and as far as I know, it suffered no damage. Or it could be making its own legacy, only the all-knowing Kuzzter.

Pretty sure it's the Star Trek version; It sorta looks like it too

Yes, the useless Nacelles, of course they are useless. Of course, if the Kuzzter included the command disc, he would have gotten some copyright violation messages. Also he would lose his following, smart move Kuzzter.

Edited by Alpha 360
"Kouston, we have several problems, but that doesn't matter so we want to continue on with the mission."

11 minutes ago, Alpha 360 said:

The question is not if the Enterprise is based off Enterprise, but Enterprise is based off of which Enterprise. Because the Star Trek Enterprise was continually damaged, and destroyed several times. The real Enterprise, the first one, was scrapped after WW2. The nuclear-powered Enterprise is still operational today, and as far as I know, it suffered no damage. Or it could be making its own legacy, only the all-knowing Kuzzter knows.

This is so off-topic I think Kuzzter is probably going to ostracize me, but no, the USS Enterprise CVN-65, the world's first nuclear powered aircraft carrier, is no longer operational. She was taken out of service on December 1st, 2012 and was officially decommissioned today.

http://pilotonline.com/news/military/local/uss-enterprise-a-timeline-of-the-world-s-first-nuclear/article_005db8ec-d756-5b94-8e54-4880c9b59842.html

Edited by Trios
Added a link!

34 minutes ago, Alpha 360 said:

Excellent point!  I'm going to stop guessing and just wait to see what happens... :)

So, upon review of the explosion, it would appear that the right engine mount is damaged, or severed, as it was at a different angle to the one on the left. I think that the 'missile' just missed the mainsail, though I'm not sure about if it hit a fuel tank or whatever the engine's mounted to. As for the command section, that's totally up in the air since I haven't got a clue where it is. If @Kuzzter could give us like a diagram of the ship, I might be able to see what's damaged.