Jool Dipper Challenge

I just saw someone ask about getting low on Jool {http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/126846-spaceplanes-on-jool/} and that made me think.

How low can you get?

Inspired by Eve Order Zero Atmosphericdipperkraft and the eve low challenge.

Rules:

Try to get as low as possible.

You can use kerbal engineer, mechjeb, hyperedit to tp your craft to Jool orbit, beauty enhancement mods like EVE and scatter and if you have a mod that you think would work, then tell me and I will possibly add it to the list.

Edit: Mod list: Kerbal engineer, mechjeb, hyperedit, stuff like EVE, KJR.

No cheating, please just don't, its not fair or fun.

Hard mode: Reentry Heating set to 100% {don't know if possible}

Medium mode: Reentry Heating set to 60%

Easy mode: Reentry Heating set to 30%

Teleport your spacecraft to Jool orbit and deorbit under own power. You can have as many stages as you want. Lowest altitude recorded is when vertical speed goes above 0 for the 1st time. You have to reach orbit from that point. Post pictures at the lowest altitude, dv in VAB {not needed but nice] and pics of orbit at minimum.

I will put together a leaderboard and my own attempt soon. Sorry but I don't have much time right now.

Good luck!

Edited by rocketbuilder

...I have no trust for Jool, and that's from way back before reentry heating was even in the game (and I never used DRE). They say the Kraken lives on Bop, but I have a feeling that really the beast dwells within the silent, hot black depths of Jool, sucking in hapless spacecraft and never letting them go, instead slowly dragging them down into the abyss.

So I'm excited to see how this challenge pans out! Perhaps some of the other Kerballers around here can show me that Jool's atmosphere can be wrangled after all.

Well, landing is gonna be a whole different story...\

Edit: How do I embed a Imgur album?

For the mean time here is the URL of my attempt: http://imgur.com/gallery/TAuGv.

Just after the last image it flipped, but I don't have time currently for a diagnoses.

Lowest altitude was about 76 km.

http://imgur.com/J91OsUj

Edited by rocketbuilder

35 minutes ago, rocketbuilder said:

Edit: How do I embed a Imgur album?

Ooh, I just tested it for the first time! Click the "i" button in the upper right of the post editor, and when prompted put in the 5-character identifier for the album. You get that from the Imgur album URL: the one for the E:O0 chapter with the Atmospherikdipperkraft is http://imgur.com/a/hHN94#0, so I put hHN94 into the Forum embed prompt, and...

On 2015-12-02 08:20:28, rocketbuilder said:

Lowest altitude recorded is when vertical speed goes above 0 for the 1st time

@rocketbuilder Hi, I'm curious, what is the purpose of this rule, please? If a craft bobs up and down few times yet still achieves orbit, why should the entry not be valid?
(For the record, I don't have an entry, but I'm interested in this challenge).

7 hours ago, Deddly said:

@rocketbuilder Hi, I'm curious, what is the purpose of this rule, please? If a craft bobs up and down few times yet still achieves orbit, why should the entry not be valid?
(For the record, I don't have an entry, but I'm interested in this challenge).

Now thinking about, I don't know...

Anyways, now I finally have my computer I can attempt it without failing terribly.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.