Looking for a partner/team

Hello! I am looking for people to start a mod team with. Im able to make models and unwrap (Kinda). Im mostly looking for a texturer, but a modeler could make things go faster. Anyone interested? 50:50 credit, too.

It would appear you and I both have the same problem. If you\'re actively working on your models, might I suggest that you carry on modeling; if you want to publish your parts, just get some standard colours as texture files and apply them; that\'s what I\'ve done, sooner or later a kind soul will help.

What are you modeling in? If it\'s Blender, I could take a look and see about whipping up some textures. Cycles texturing-cum-baking has become a great interest of mine over the past few weeks. Additionally, make sure you\'re creating low an high poly models, too. Normal bakes, Cycles bakes, and AO bakes make something dull really pop.

I\'m still a little unsure about making good spec maps, though. I\'m not really sure how to proceed there. Youtube tutorials, I guess.

Well, as far as modeling goes, the only important 'tech speak' for you would be the thing about low and high poly models. Low poly means few faces (those triangles and squares in your model). High poly means many. You can make a really awesome high poly model, but it really wouldn\'t be appropriate for a game. For this game, 'they' say shoot for 1000 faces. You can tell how many faces you have by looking on the top bar when in Edit Mode (it will say something like 250-1500 Fa - total of 1500). Keep in mind that if most of your faces are quads (four-sided), the game actually sees twice as many (because a square is two triangles put together).

In any case, you want to get kind of clever when emulating a lot of detail on a model that doesn\'t have much. Texture maps help a lot. A key texture map now available to us is the 'normal map,' which can be created from the high polygon model and 'baked' onto the low poly model. That\'s why you want to create two copies of the same model. A shortened explanation of the normal map is that it changes the way the light bounces off the object. As far as baking goes, it has a lot of different uses not limited to textures. You\'ll learn more about baking as you go through more tutorials and learn more about the capabilities of modeling softwares.

If you don\'t want to do the configs I could help. Im also trying to learn 3ds max at the moment. Just send me a PM or reply here if your interested.

P.S. I\'m going to be gone for the next two weeks but after that I have the entire summer :)

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.