Is this alternate solar system possible?

ChrisSpace

@ChrisSpace How about making Bellona (Mars Moon) turn into a ring around Mars (50 Million years ago), and the magnetic field has collapsed in Mars (20 MIllion years ago, the stress of the changes likely accelerating the evolution of intelligence. The effects, however, would become more devastating as time goes on, though very slowly, until 13,000 years or so ago, when a global war for resources is caused by over-consumption, lack of expansion into space. A solar flare which causes huge damage (worsened significantly by the weaning atmosphere and dearth of a magnetic field), triggers the war which leads to eventual nuclear annihilation.

It is calculated Mars will only remain habitable for intelligent life for another 5-10 Million years, as the atmosphere continues to be eroded. That would lead to a very interesting scenario where Mars is basically a dieing planet.

http://esseacourses.strategies.org/EcosynthesisMcKay2008ReviewAAAS.pdf

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_human_evolution

https://ca.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080104085210AA6ziNh

9 hours ago, fredinno said:

@ChrisSpace How about making Bellona (Mars Moon) turn into a ring around Mars (50 Million years ago), and the magnetic field has collapsed in Mars (20 MIllion years ago, the stress of the changes likely accelerating the evolution of intelligence. The effects, however, would become more devastating as time goes on, though very slowly, until 13,000 years or so ago, when a global war for resources is caused by over-consumption, lack of expansion into space. A solar flare which causes huge damage (worsened significantly by the weaning atmosphere and dearth of a magnetic field), triggers the war which leads to eventual nuclear annihilation.

It is calculated Mars will only remain habitable for intelligent life for another 5-10 Million years, as the atmosphere continues to be eroded. That would lead to a very interesting scenario where Mars is basically a dieing planet.

Ooooh, I like that.

12 hours ago, fredinno said:

Also, there could be an add-on to the story with this:

• We could notice the Magnetic field weakening, and the intelligent life dying, and decide to heat up the core either by small Nuclear detonations to keep it hot, or by spinning it faster to create more friction in order to save the intelligent species from extinction, or even creating an artificial magnetic field.
  • This could also create a Star Trek-esque  type relationship where the Humans are Vulcans and the Martians are Humans.

21 minutes ago, Spaceception said:

Also, there could be an add-on to the story with this:

• We could notice the Magnetic field weakening, and the intelligent life dying, and decide to heat up the core either by small Nuclear detonations to keep it hot, or by spinning it faster to create more friction in order to save the intelligent species from extinction, or even creating an artificial magnetic field.
  • This could also create a Star Trek-esque  type relationship where the Humans are Vulcans and the Martians are Humans.

Humans literally have no way to induce a planetary magnetic field.  And small detonations would induce more radiation on an already radiation- heavy world (following nuclear anihallation.)

Just now, fredinno said:

Humans literally have no way to induce a planetary magnetic field.  And small detonations would induce more radiation on an already radiation- heavy world (following nuclear anihallation.)

They would be detonated in the core.

1 hour ago, Spaceception said:

We haven't  even dug into the mantle, and digging to Mars' core is going to be near-impossible. But we have at least 5 million years, so no need to rush.

15 minutes ago, Spaceception said:

What am I supposed to be simulating?

Not much, right now, TBH. Just relax and work on your novel, this will likely start up again in June.

This thread will be pushed back to the top when I revive it and can start working again. Hopefully, I'll also give everyone a PM to get involved again.

Thank you for your time, it was greatly appreciated. This project is now on HIATUS.

(oh yeah, and give future notes via PM until I (and ChrisSpace) decide to revive this, so I won't forget to give everyone a note when I return)

On ‎3‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 11:32 PM, Spaceception said:

@ChrisSpace!!!!!! Edit the front page!

I don't have time right now, but i'll do it "soon-ish".

On ‎3‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 5:20 PM, fredinno said:

I like the idea, so long as Mars is habitable in the 20th century.

On ‎3‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 6:15 AM, Spaceception said:

How would they get there? In OTL we haven't even gotten past the Bedrock Mantle yet!

2 minutes ago, fredinno said:

Yeah. And reply by the PM thread next time please. :)

2 minutes ago, ChrisSpace said:

I don't have time right now, but i'll do it "soon-ish".

I like the idea, so long as Mars is habitable in the 20th century.

How would they get there? In OTL we haven't even gotten past the Bedrock Mantle yet!

1. ok

2. thanks.

3. We got rid of that idea.

1 hour ago, Emperor of the Titan Squid said:

Can we get to work on Nibiru? what kind of stars are sol and Nibiru?

No, because nobody would be available to work on it.

Either way, Sol is the Sun.

Nibiru is a high-mass red dwarf.

7 minutes ago, Findthepin1 said:

If you mean Nibiru being two stars orbiting each other, it shouldn't be binary. It would mess up planetary orbits and you would not be able to have as many planets. 

No, Nibiru binary to the Sun.

Should I set up a poll? Doesn't look like he's going to respond any time soon.

13 minutes ago, fredinno said:

No, Nibiru binary to the Sun.

Should I set up a poll? Doesn't look like he's going to respond any time soon.

Sure, when he sees the results it can help him make a decision.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.