Why are rants and complaints ignored...

By the people who sell this game? I just bought a nice joystick and throttle (X-55 Rhino) which I thought would increase the immersion of this fabulous game a bit... WRONG... it has turned into a ridiculous, convoluted mess. I haven't seen any response by a dev on any point... The forum watchdogs will quickly smother any complaints to the "proper" forum and that's it... That is all that gets resolved by the people who rake in the dough. My devices seem to work for almost every other game out there, and the modding community picks up the slack for every other issue. I've seen a dozen threads about the same problems over and over, and nothing gets done... the next release "should" fix that. Good luck with that... I'm looking at some beautiful high end PAPERWEIGHTS on my desk as I type this... So, the pedants take over from here. Post yer logs and a bunch of other crap that take ninja skills to even understand. Wow...really? This game is 50% flight sim, yet wont support a effin joystick and throttle?

Oh boy. Here we go.

18 minutes ago, vixr said:

[Why are rants and complaints ignored] by the people who sell this game?

Rants are ignored because of just that. They're rants. According to Google, rant means "speak or shout at length in a wild, impassioned way." The words "wild" and "impassioned" do not evoke calm, adult feedback. Complaints are not ignored. Example: The entire bloody support forum. Post a specific description of the problem, along with your log files if relevant, within a day people will help you. 

26 minutes ago, vixr said:

I just bought a nice joystick and throttle (X-55 Rhino) which I thought would increase the immersion of this fabulous game a bit... WRONG... it has turned into a ridiculous, convoluted mess.

Please describe this "convoluted mess" you speak of in slightly more detailed terms.

28 minutes ago, vixr said:

I haven't seen any response by a dev on any point...

No, you haven't, because you haven't even made a support thread. In fact, none of your posts even mention this problem. You expect the devs to psychically seek you out and read your mind?

30 minutes ago, vixr said:

The forum watchdogs will quickly smother any complaints to the "proper" forum and that's it...

What the hell are you talking about? Why would you expect to be able to communicate with the devs through a third-party forum that the devs don't oversee and probably don't even look at? Unless you're talking about your threads being moved into the proper subforum, which would be the Help and Support forums or the Suggestions and Development discussions forum, depending on the complaint. That's going to increase your chances of being seen by the devs. It's the exact opposite of smothering. More like rehtoms-ing it. Also, looking through your posts, I'm afraid I'm hard-pressed to find an example of you being "smothered" in any way by the "forum watchdogs." (We call them moderators. They moderate the discussion, and keep it civil. Cough cough.)

50 minutes ago, vixr said:

That is all that gets resolved by the people who rake in the dough.

What? Only the stuff that is moved by the moderators to the appropriate forum is fixed by SQUAD? Who would have known? To get SQUAD to fix a bug, you can post a description of the bug in the forum for posting descriptions of bugs? My mind has been blown.

My devices seem to work for almost every other game out there, and the modding community picks up the slack for every other issue. I've seen a dozen threads about the 

53 minutes ago, vixr said:

My devices seem to work for almost every other game out there, and the modding community picks up the slack for every other issue.

Maybe you could post a somewhat more detailed description of the problem, and do it in the forum for posting descriptions of problems?

53 minutes ago, vixr said:

I've seen a dozen threads about the same problems over and over, and nothing gets done...

wikipedian_protester.png

55 minutes ago, vixr said:

the next release "should" fix that.

Again, post a detailed description of the problem. Then SQUAD may be able to figure out what's causing it.

Good luck with that... I'm looking at some beautiful high end PAPERWEIGHTS on my desk as I type this... So, the pedants take over from here. Post yer logs and a bunch of other crap that take ninja skills to even understand.

Too bad. If you got them solely for KSP, and you're too lazy to even make a support thread maybe you could return them. (If wherever you bought them from doesn't allow that, that's your mistake.) Or make a thread to find a workaround, like I've suggested literally six times already. Also:

So, the pedants take over from here. Post yer logs and a bunch of other crap that take ninja skills to even understand.

If you want to get help, consider not mocking the people who would consider helping you. Don't bite the hand that feeds you. Or in this case, don't flame against the account that gives you technical support.

3 minutes ago, vixr said:

Ha! dude... just use the search function or hit the AFBW thread...

joystick complaints go back YEARS

Hmmm... there do seem to be some issues regarding joysticks. Though you make an extraordinary claim that there are "dozens" of such threads. I'd say the burden of proof is/was on you.

Rants are long, super passionate protests. They are generally filled with hate.

Complaints are usually short, meaningful, and bring attention to glitches, bugs, etc. They are very easy going, like "Hey, so I was (blah, blah, blah), and I found that when I (blah, blah, blah) this happens, as you can (blah, blah, blah) see.

See the difference?

29 minutes ago, Hobbes Novakoff said:

Hmmm... there do seem to be some issues regarding joysticks.

Yes, joystick support is broken, and has, AFAIK, never worked in a satisfactory manner.
But, you see, it's a "Unity issue", and we all know what happens to those. Nothing, zip, nada, at least not from Squad. Wait and hope the next Unity release fixes it. :huh: This gets real old, real quick.
Dunno why the devs think that anything that can be pinned on the game engine isn't their problem, but it sure seems to be what happens.

Edited by steve_v

I suppose... my method may be lacking but my point is valid. My reference to "dozens" are spread over the internet on other forums and communities because I do use the search functions on the web as a whole, and I clearly stated RANT in my title.

While I hear you on the broken throttle settings, this:

2 hours ago, vixr said:

...the pedants take over from here. Post yer logs and a bunch of other crap that take ninja skills to even understand. Wow...really?

Is a real quick way to not get support.

Edited by steve_v

Rants are ignored, as others have pointed out, because there is nothing in them which can be acted upon. Bug reports are addressed as staff time allows, in the order that matters can be profitably addressed, and roughly in proportion to their severity and the number of players they affect. No one can guarantee that the particular problems you encounter will be Squad's priority. We post proper bug reports and then we wait our turn. And this is really all that can be said on the matter, so this thread will be closed now before it turns nasty.