Eucl3d questions

Dfthu

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just a question. Say I enjoyed the look of a certain part in the game, and wanted to put it on my desk ( for example, the Mk 1-2 Command Pod) How would the model be scaled? And would it have higher detail, because it is just one part, and not a rocket?

Just wanted to know, I'm thinking of getting something printed in the future.

Thanks in advance.

On 1/9/2016 at 3:45 PM, V7 Aerospace said:

Just a question. Say I enjoyed the look of a certain part in the game, and wanted to put it on my desk ( for example, the Mk 1-2 Command Pod) How would the model be scaled? And would it have higher detail, because it is just one part, and not a rocket?

We can definitely do that, just submit it as a .craft with a single part.  If you wanted to do something besides a command pod, just edit the "part =" line with the part you want.  Our pricing is volume based, so with just a single part it would be much larger and have higher detail.  

Edited by Eucl3D

1 hour ago, Eucl3D said:

We can definitely do that, just submit it as a .craft with a single part.  If you wanted to do something besides a command pod, just edit the "part =" line with the part you want.  Our pricing is volume based, so with just a single part it would be much larger and have higher detail.  

Thanks!

I'm definitely getting something 3D printed, and it's even better to know that there are plenty of options.

Since you got a reply.. 

Similar thing

Could I print a 40 class locomotive? She'd use stock parts and sam hall's Kn2 Kerbinov cockit

The worry I have is the spindliness of the trusses and the major use of M1 rover wheels (id paint them)

The 44 class is a bit more stocky.. Not sure if thats bad or good

Light engine (no wagons just the loco)

P7c6O9B.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Eucl3D! I understand that the models come in a few different sizes. Suppose I have a couple of ships I want to print, for example a large space station and a smallish plane, and I wanted them to be in scale with each other--how could we go about doing that?

A question for you guys at @Eucl3D, I'm going to get a print but I want to know about something, if it is possible to have a launcher, like a Soyuz, with half a fairing and a Soyuz that can be placed inside that is to-scale with the lifter. I can make a diagram if this doesn't make sense.

Edited by legoclone09

On 1/25/2016 at 2:23 PM, Kuzzter said:

Hello Eucl3D! I understand that the models come in a few different sizes. Suppose I have a couple of ships I want to print, for example a large space station and a smallish plane, and I wanted them to be in scale with each other--how could we go about doing that?

We don't currently print models to scale.  We want our service to be accessible to everyone, so we size all orders to specific price points.  Although we definitely agree that scale parts would be awesome to have, and it's on our radar.  An alternative now would be to combine the two ships into a single .craft, and purchase the medium or large size.  These two ships would then be in scale with each other.  

On 1/25/2016 at 2:28 PM, legoclone09 said:

A question for you guys at @Eucl3D, I'm going to get a print but I want to know about something, if it is possible to have a launcher, like a Soyuz, with half a fairing and a Soyuz that can be placed inside that is to-scale with the lifter. I can make a diagram if this doesn't make sense.

See above -- we don't print models to scale.  If you can send me a diagram/the .craft you're interested in I can give you a better answer about this!

Edited by Eucl3D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.