[1.9.x] Launch Towers Pack

sciencepanda

On 3/22/2023 at 12:34 AM, sciencepanda said:

*Crawls out of the grave*

Huh, I guess it's been a while. Quick personal life update to explain the absence. Last time I posted here (June 2020) I had just graduated from college, and quickly jumped straight into grad school. 2 years later (May 2022) I graduated from said endeavour, and a month later (June 2022) started working full time for REDACTED, so I've been busy.

So am I back? Yes and no. I'll be back to more or less the same updates/modding frequency as before.... so modding when I feel like it, and posteding here when the time feels right. Although maybe this time without the nearly 3 year disapearing act.

Aaaaanyway... Moving on to what y'all are probably more interested in than boring real life updates....  I don't see any reason why this mod wouldn't still work with 1.12.x, it's a pretty simple parts mod so it should have a good shelf life. However, if it happens to burst into flames one day, I'll do by best to find a fire extingusher. Once the appropriate rocket mods find there way into KSP2, I'll probably figure out how to push this over to that. In the meantime, I'm sticking with ol' reliable (KSP1), and I may have gone down the rabbit hole of something new:

qU1CChA.jpg

You have finally been back for so long! Anyway will there be a Falcon Heavy SLC-40 launch tower? Will there be a revamps of the launch towers and the accurate launch tower placement fix?

On 4/1/2023 at 11:55 AM, EndAllFilms said:

Will there be a Falcon Heavy SLC-40 launch tower?

All my models are based on refrence photos of real world facilites, or at least things that have been planned to exist and thus provide some reference material. Since Falcon Heavy doesn't actually launch from SLC-40, and there never was nor are currently any plans to do so, I have no plans to make a SLC-40 tower for Falcon Heavy. However, there are plans to build a crew access tower at SLC-40, so once that's build and I have reference material, I probably will add that.

On 4/1/2023 at 11:55 AM, EndAllFilms said:

Will there be a revamps of the launch towers and the accurate launch tower placement fix?

The misalignment you showed in your last post isn't an issue with the mod. The position the craft spawns on the pad is dependant on the position in the VAB. When you start a craft in the VAB, the first part starts centered along what I'll call the Z axis (up/down). My alignment of this mod is based off being centered in the Z axis. So as long as you don't move it off that axis, the alignment should work.

Likely what happened to create your missalignment is you probably moved it off the Z axis by accident. There's an easy fix, just delete and replace the root part and take special attention to not move it off the Z axis. If you've built off the root part and it's complicated to rebuild, just temporarily change your root part to something else, delete and replace that, and then change the root back to what it should be.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.