More solar systems mod ksp 1.0.5

wobelaar

Hello there guys!

First of all sorry for my bad English you probably will see some grammar mistakes in here I apologize for that.
So I actually just had one question: Is there a mod for ksp v1.0.5 that adds more solar systems?
I know there are some mods out there that add a few but those aren't for ksp 1.0.5 I think. Or is there a mod?
If there isn't a mod wich mods do you guys recommend to get some new planets? I know the outer planets mod, but I already installed that one :P, ohh and I love the outer planets mod. But for me there is a saying less is more, for me less is less en more is more so actually I'd like to get some extra planets or solar systems.

Thanks guys!!
BTW I'm new here so if I'm doing something wrong please tell me ;)

There are a bunch of mods here on the forums that add new planets or rearrange the Planets in various ways. A few of them are these:

- New Horizons: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/102776-105-kopernicus-new-horizons-v17-19nov15-back-in-business/

- Sido's Urania System: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/60733-105-release-08-sidos-urania-system-7-new-planets-and-8-moons/

I don't know of any mods that add a complete other Star system off the top of my head, but you can sure find more like the ones above.

Edited by WWEdeadman

I don't see why one couldn't add additional "star systems"

Take Jool, stick it 100x farther out, and make it bright. Enlarge its SOI, an make its moons more widely spaced... done?

Although this would still be a binary star system, I think it would be close enough to what people want.

To be "realistic" maybe the distance should be more like 1000x instead of 100x.

100x would correspond to a star at 500 AU, which would wreak havoc on the orbits of the planets.

1000x would correspon to a star at 5,000 AU, or roughly 5x farther out than sedna... which starts to look reasonable. I suspect such a system would have the oort and kuiper belts cleare pretty fast, but the inner solar system should be fine after a sort of more intense late heavy bombardment.

Kopernicus is a mod that makes planet modding possible. It does nothing by itself, but it's made planet mods easy and virtually all now use it.

Thanks to Kopernicus there are dozens of planet mods now. Some add new worlds, some rearrange the existing ones, some just make the stock system bigger.

If you want to do interstellar travel, the leading mod is Galactic Neighborhood.

It moves the stock Sun, aka Kerbol, into a wide orbit round a central black hole and adds other stars nearby that also orbit that black hole. It's also designed with support for other planet packs, moving their planets to each orbit their own star. Don't worry about the 1.0.4 statement, I think it's fine in latest KSP.

You will probably want some capable mod engines. Near Future offers efficient but low-TWR engines, Interstellar has more powerful stuff. There are also mods for nuclear pulse propulsion which is very efficient and very thrusty, and for warp drives. You might also want Better Timewarp.

1 hour ago, wobelaar said:

Thanks for all the answers!! I'm getting smarter and smarter here xD

http://outer-planets.wikia.com/wiki/Planet_Packs

Here's a good source for planets and star systems for KSP. Some are great, some less so and some not at all. Some you can combine, some you can't! Enjoy playing around. 

5 hours ago, cantab said:

Kopernicus is a mod that makes planet modding possible. It does nothing by itself, but it's made planet mods easy and virtually all now use it.

Thanks to Kopernicus there are dozens of planet mods now. Some add new worlds, some rearrange the existing ones, some just make the stock system bigger.

If you want to do interstellar travel, the leading mod is Galactic Neighborhood.

It moves the stock Sun, aka Kerbol, into a wide orbit round a central black hole and adds other stars nearby that also orbit that black hole. It's also designed with support for other planet packs, moving their planets to each orbit their own star. Don't worry about the 1.0.4 statement, I think it's fine in latest KSP.

You will probably want some capable mod engines. Near Future offers efficient but low-TWR engines, Interstellar has more powerful stuff. There are also mods for nuclear pulse propulsion which is very efficient and very thrusty, and for warp drives. You might also want Better Timewarp.

Also, PersistantThrust is great for low TWR electric propulsion. ESLD Jump Beacons is great if you don't mind the unrealism of it

Hello I'm back again :P,

I have a few problems:
1. When I try to install/use the stuff from the near future mods. My game get stuck at start-up.
2. When I go in-game (without the near future otherwise I can't start it up) and then to the tracking station everything is of center when I zoom in. So for example when I zoom in to kerbal something is wrong because instead the icon of the planet is in the center of the planet it has moved to the side (I will upload a picture as soon as I've got the change).
3. When I try play KSP with the Galactic Neighborhood mod, the Kerbal solar system doesn't have a orbit around the black hole or at-least no line that indicates the orbit. And it was always night for some reason...
4. There was also another little problem, but I kinda fixed that. 'Cause what happened when I started a world There were sounds but kerbal was just black or invisible, maybe it was a ram problem or it was a dated planet mod because when I deleted a few planet mods everything seemed to work fine again.

I think that were all the problems I've had so far xD I hope you guys can help me!
Thanks!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.