[BD Armory] Mistel 3B WW2 Inspired Plane

TronX33

If you don't know what the Mistel was, they were a series of composite planes, some of whcih actually saw use, consisting of a massive plane-bomb, with a small fighter atop it. Model 3B was one of the few that went into production. I consisted of a Focke Wulf 190 F8, atop a Ju 88 A4, modified so the crew compartment contained a ton of explosives. More info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mistel

Anyway, the reason this is "inspired" rather than "replica" is because It is slightly different from the original. Instead of two props, it has 4 whiplashes powering the larger section. It's wingspan is larger, and the cockpit looks different.

EVA Jeb or Valentina (they're the only one crazy enough to fly this thing), walk them down the pylon, clip the camera below the solar panel cockpit, and get into the command chair. While flying, take care to constantly quicksave. Get to your intended target, point the pane at it, and release. Pitch up and fly the smaller plane with your kerbal in it away before switching to the bomber. It should fly itself, as long as you pointed it in the right direction, but if you need to make adjustments, do to KSP quirk, it controls from a sideways cockpit, you have have to move the camera into the tail and hunt for the small 1.25m probe core, and control from it.

DL:https://www.dropbox.com/s/pzeokl1a3xetsmm/Mistel%203B%20Fuhrungsmaschine.craft?dl=0

Edited by TronX33

Hey man,

I think the issue here is nobody can see your pictures. If people are a lazy as me they wont clink on a possibly broken link.

I had a look and the aircraft is great! Really unique build. Good job man. If you want people to see the pictures take this part of the Imgur link: ZEprE And copy it into the window that pops up in the post editor by clicking the little black and green icon in the top right. Then your album should show up properly. Don't forget to delete all the broken link text in the post too.

MJ

Just now, Rocket In My Pocket said:

Here's one of his pics for anyone that's interested:

I don't think you can embed with code anymore, you have to use the "Insert other media" button on the bottom right.

For an imgur album you have to click the icon I mentioned in my post and add that little segment of code we used to put between the [imgur] things.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.