Yukon's Mission Reports

Yukon0009

I've decided to shift focus here from my replicas. So without further ado, these are my mission reports as I go through my first actual exploration save since 0.90.

It all begins with two probes, headed for Eve and Duna. Eveprobe 1 has a small atmospheric lander designed for the harsh climate.

screenshot5_zpsx2bj7c7y.pngscreenshot57_zpsf4lz5qcm.pngscreenshot41_zps1qei14af.png

screenshot50_zpsftno1kxq.png

Dunaprobe 1 arrives at Duna to do some scanningscreenshot72_zpsxgqap4w2.png

Eveprobe is scheduled to arrive in about a hundred days.

I'm busy today, so only a bit of the stuff I did.

First I decided to launch a space station.

screenshot442_zps68v63zjq.pngscreenshot449_zps8cas5yvr.pngscreenshot451_zpszawobtsn.png

Eveprobe 1 then arrived at Eve. Unfortunately, a few navigational errors (forgot to do some maneuvers) meant that it ran out of fuel and was unable to lower it's periapsis into the atmosphere to release the probe. It however did get some pretty photos.

screenshot108_zpsfecfviwb.pngscreenshot109_zpsgpb9cukd.pngscreenshot110_zpswur8uwdq.png

Edited by Yukon0009

Firstly, an experimental orbital shuttle was launched with Bill and Bob aboard. Docked it to the space station Pasteur.

screenshot657_zps5tvludgm.pngscreenshot672_zpsoobkmbft.png

A mini space pod was sent up a bit earlier as well.

screenshot690_zps4m561fkx.png

Then the shuttle was launched to Minmus at Jeb's suggestions. dV was running low on landing, but there is probably enough to return to Pasteur. screenshot723_zpsahhsuacv.pngscreenshot726_zpsvre3cruj.pngscreenshot720_zpshk59vvff.png

Bob contemplates life, the Universe, and everything.

screenshot745_zps0nclutrc.png

A small scanning probe was launched to Minmus. The mission was boring, but it did discover that Minmus was chock-full of ore.

screenshot747_zpsd2jwnrzr.png

screenshot781_zps26lavrhm.png

A probe was hacked together with some supplies onboard and was shipped to Minmus as well.

screenshot842_zpsuwhyhqne.png

Shortly afterwards, Bill and Bob were persuaded to remain at Minmus for a bit longer to set up Camp Minmus. Shuttle arrived at the site with just over 100 dV left. Future round-trips will need refueling.

http://i1383.photobucket.com/albums/ah315/Yukon0009/screenshot890_zpseoljr1gd.pngscreenshot890_zpseoljr1gd.pngscreenshot921_zpssftcbjso.pngscreenshot932_zpsfdqm7jld.png

Bill built a small comms relay out of the materials Supply 1 brought. 

screenshot938_zpsgfod7pwn.png

First, I spent a bit of time fooling around trying to break a speed record, namely roughly 1600 m/s in atmosphere with jets. Failed, but got some decent info on how the atmosphere in KSP works.

http://i1383.photobucket.com/albums/ah315/Yukon0009/screenshot985_zpshtlwdixr.pngscreenshot985_zpshtlwdixr.pngscreenshot1003_zpsbcv3trig.png

A second supply mission was launched to Minmus with an experimental rocket sled onboard. Unknown to the mission controllers, Val somehow slipped onboard while noone was looking and made it all the way to Minmus without anyone noticing.

http://i1383.photobucket.com/albums/ah315/Yukon0009/screenshot1041_zpstg2wzzcg.pngscreenshot1041_zpstg2wzzcg.pngscreenshot1055_zps7mggyhmn.png

screenshot1092_zpsyx7ntfbe.png

The jetsled was taken out by Val and Bob about 5 km for a test flight. Bill could not join them because 1, he was carrying 3 tons of equipment and 2, doing some science on his own, but he was nice enough to fix an surface scanner to the sled to help scan for more ore.

http://i1383.photobucket.com/albums/ah315/Yukon0009/screenshot1106_zpseivtbhf3.pngscreenshot1106_zpseivtbhf3.pngscreenshot1124_zpstgphyhzr.pngscreenshot1126_zpsonshcgjb.pngscreenshot1134_zps0wd6rrrf.png

• 4 weeks later...

Welp, haven't posted in a bit.

2 Standard Tugs were launched into orbit. It's based off my old 0.90 designs that worked reasonably well, probably enough to take 18 tons or so to Duna and back. These tugs will form the backbone of the 1st Duna Exploration Fleet.

screenshot2692_zpsnpzp7hgu.png

screenshot2442_zpsom4shcub.png

screenshot2451_zps1egawcsb.png

ISRU rig launched to Minmus as well. Not much to say here, aside that Camp Minmus is now self sustaining.

screenshot2596_zpsk5phwbuo.png

screenshot2632_zpsuzeh2zhm.png

screenshot2681_zpsa8rogj7t.png

Next episode: Duna mission hardware and Minmus mission hardware being sent up

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.