RAM heavy

RedDwarfIV

Just in case someone reads this who doesn\'t already know: the usual workaround for memory leaks is to close and relaunch the program after too much time has gone by. This has the effect of telling the computer to de-allocate the memory that was being wasted and makes it available again. Sometimes it\'s necessary to reboot, but that\'s relatively rare.

I\'ve seen KSP spike to over 2GB of RAM usage, albeit in 1.4.4. I haven\'t really monitored my system usage in 1.5.2, but thankfully I\'m running a fairly descent system with 8GB of RAM, so the heavy usage hasn\'t taxed my system AFAIK.

The Acer Aspire M1930, which I have, can support a maximum of 8 GB of RAM. To get an 8 GB RAM set would require I spend £38.39.

Is it worth it?

You should check your copy of Windows first, make sure it is 64-bit. (Due to boring technical things, Microsoft decided it would be best to impose a ~3GB limit for RAM on 32-bit NT systems.)

You should check your copy of Windows first, make sure it is 64-bit. (Due to boring technical things, Microsoft decided it would be best to impose a ~3GB limit for RAM on 32-bit NT systems.)

One of the reasons I got my desktop was because it had 64 bit quad-core. And yes, it has 64-bit Windows OS to go with it.

One of the reasons I got my desktop was because it had 64 bit quad-core. And yes, it has 64-bit Windows OS to go with it.

Excellent! I would suggest one of the following RAM modules, depending on desired performance:

Corsair Memory XMS3 8GB DDR3 1600 MHz

Corsair Memory XMS3 8GB DDR3 1333 Mhz

I have the latter and it works very well, I would have bought the former but my Core 2 Quad only supports a maximum clock speed of 1333MHz for RAM before I have to overclock my FSB.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.