Real Space Program [Need Launch Controllers] [Launch 1/14/17]

ZooNamedGames

8 minutes ago, Mad Rocket Scientist said:

Then maybe the 5th?

Doable anytime after the 4pm EST. 

2 minutes ago, Dman979 said:

April 2 is not a Wednesday.

I will probably be able to make the April 2 date, but I'll have to check my calendar a little later.

I choose the second because it was a Saturday, but AMRS needs a Wednesday so its April 5.

19 minutes ago, legoclone09 said:

Cool, can I design the lifter and capsule? I have a reliable one in my RSS sandbox save with only using VSR and SXT parts (and procedurals)

just make it reliable and also HAVE A LES SYSTEM. You can look into that SpaceX booster idea, just make it reliable and safe. My life is in that can.

2 minutes ago, Dman979 said:

Ok, but Wednesdays never work for me, at any time.

5th is a tuesday, Im sorry.

1 minute ago, Choctofliatrio2.0 said:

I'm available any day, after 11:30 PM Serbian time. What are you going to do without a cheerleader?

In all seriousness, it really doesn't matter when I'm available, but it could be important in case all of mission control passes out mid-launch and I need to quickly jump in and save the day like a hero :D 

We'd scrub without you! :D I hope you can be there!

1 minute ago, NathanKell said:

I think either a lunar impactor or a crewed orbital mission are quite doable. A solar escape probe...well, it'd take a bunch of gravity assists at the very least.

I don't think it would be that hard, I have gotten a 1t payload onto a solar escape trajectory by putting it on an Atlas V 551

4 minutes ago, CliftonM said:

Kind of like how I did when @MysteriousSteve's KSP crashed? :wink:

Speaking of crashing, @MysteriousSteve - you might want to remove those visual mods - there is most definitely a memory leak in them somewhere...

I have never had problems with them, they work fine for me, always have, and besides, the game looks amazing with them.

I've been working on a new overlay for the stream:

sq7e3wQ.png

Top top is the title, bottom top is mission time, bottom is the ticker.  I think this is a bit better than the other one.  Remember, it's not done.  It also has transparencies.

5 minutes ago, MysteriousSteve said:

I have never had problems with them, they work fine for me, always have, and besides, the game looks amazing with them.

Hmm.  I'll check on it.  It may just be my computer itself.  I can at least run scatterer.  I just wish there was a lower memory consuming cloud mod...

Edited by Guest

3 minutes ago, CliftonM said:

I've been working on a new overlay for the stream:

sq7e3wQ.png

Top top is the title, bottom top is mission time, bottom is the ticker.  I think this is a bit better than the other one.  Remember, it's not done.  It also has transparencies.

Hmm.  I'll check on it.  It may just be my computer itself.  I can at least run scatterer.  I just wish there was a lower memory consuming cloud mod...

I like it! Very minimalistic, which is good

I like the idea, but I have some suggestions:

1. You might want to consider working with @adsii1970 to create a "news" logo to put with it.
2. The top graphic looks like it could get in the way. Also, try moving the mission timer to the top left, the title to align with the bottom right (above the ticker), putting the graphic next to the title, and some information (say, mission goals, or staging events) in a rectangle from the top right to the title. Finally, the video could go from the top left to the rectangle, with the timer overlay.

1 minute ago, Dman979 said:

1. You might want to consider working with @adsii1970 to create a "news" logo to put with it.
2. The top graphic looks like it could get in the way. Also, try moving the mission timer to the top left, the title to align with the bottom right (above the ticker), putting the graphic next to the title, and some information (say, mission goals, or staging events) in a rectangle from the top right to the title. Finally, the video could go from the top left to the rectangle, with the timer overlay.

I have only two suggestions or comments at all with his setup.

1st, as to his overlay, I just want the logo there somewhere on the screen along with maybe a mini video in a corner showing the rocket in game, but the rest of the screen is flight data like in the video he just made.

2nd, when he's down or not ready to stream, he has (and uses) a continuous image (like a .gif). NASA has their white circle moving in their take, I would like to have ours have the shown rocket launch from the bottom left, shine once it forms an X, then continuing flying. Then say 20 seconds later it repeats. Being just animated card it should work fine with OBS or any other recording/streaming software.

Oh and I have a suggestion for a song for you to use in your next video.

7 minutes ago, Dman979 said:

Good idea.

2 minutes ago, ZooNamedGames said:

I have only two suggestions or comments at all with his setup.

1st, as to his overlay, I just want the logo there somewhere on the screen along with maybe a mini video in a corner showing the rocket in game, but the rest of the screen is flight data like in the video he just made.

2nd, when he's down or not ready to stream, he has (and uses) a continuous image (like a .gif). NASA has their white circle moving in their take, I would like to have ours have the shown rocket launch from the bottom left, shine once it forms an X, then continuing flying. Then say 20 seconds later it repeats. Being just animated card it should work fine with OBS or any other recording/streaming software.

Oh and I have a suggestion for a song for you to use in your next video.

Will do.  What's the song?

2 minutes ago, legoclone09 said:

I really like that song! I approve, even though I'm a lowly engineer. :D

Thank you. I have plenty more if you guys need them. Some royalty-free or independent, and some not.Thank you. I have plenty more if you guys need them. Some royalty-free or independent, and some not.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.