Crash while using DX 9.0 and OBS

So I ran into an odd problem earlier, where KSP would continually crash while using OBS to try and record it. KSP would continually crash in the following situations:
- If OBS was started recording before KSP was launched, and then KSP was launched. In this scenario, KSP would instantly crash

- If OBS was started recording while KSP was loading. In this scenario, KSP hung for a couple seconds, then crashed

- If OBS was started recording while KSP was loaded. In this scenario, KSP hung for a couple seconds, then crashed.

System Specs are as follows:

CPU: Core i5 6500U

GPU: GTX 740M

RAM: 8GB DDR3, Dual Channel 1600Mhz

Here be the output log.

NOW, I want to say that I HAVE fixed this issue. Seems as though the issue was caused by something within DirectX 9.0c and it's runtimes (or how KSP used them, or SOMETHING related to DX 9.0c), because after forcing KSP to launch with DirectX 11 (-force-d3d11) the issue disappeared. Just thought I'd post in-case anyone else has the same issue.

Edited by ToTheMun

This is the first time I've seen a log from a crash with OBS, usually KSP is fine with OBS.

(0x61001DAD) (gameoverlayrenderer): (filename not available): OverlayHookD3D3 + 0x464d
(0x60F4D74C) (GraphicsCaptureHook): (filename not available): (function-name not available) + 0x0

This is not actually KSP though, "gameoverlayrenderer" is part of Steam, and searching for OverlayHookD3D3 shows crashes with other games on Steam when using the overlay.

If you have any trouble with -force-d3d11 try disabling the Steam overlay instead.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.