Kerbal Stuff Closed to the public

Rigel Agar

5 minutes ago, Rybo said:

Clicking the image took me to KerbalStuff where I was greeted with the FASA mod.

You will live on in my mind as the single entity that changed my perspective of KSP forever.

Frizzank or KerbalStuff?  Because SirCmpwn didn't make that lunar lander what so inspired you and Frizzank used other hosting before Curse and KerbalStuff were even Things For KSP...

Edited by regex

1 minute ago, regex said:

Frizzank or KerbalStuff?  Because SirCmpwn didn't make that lunar lander what so inspired you and Frizzank used other hosting before Curse and KerbalStuff were even Things For KSP...

You're right, I wasn't clear. I'll edit my post.

Just now, Exclipse said:

Did you read the post made by the creator of the Kerbal Stuff site?

I did and it is not SQUADs fault that the site was shut down.  The owner just got burned out and the costs started going up.  SQUAD had nothing to do with it.

1 minute ago, B787_300 said:

I did and it is not SQUADs fault that the site was shut down.  The owner just got burned out and the costs started going up.  SQUAD had nothing to do with it.

No but for attempting to take legal action against him. And they could have supported him a little by at least giving him recognition.

Edited by Exclipse

Just now, Exclipse said:

No but for attempting to take legal action against him.

Because he used their trademark?  Welcome to the business world.  What's hilarious is they ultimately just decided it didn't matter and let it slide.

Thanks, Squad, for letting KerbalStuff be A Thing.

Edited by regex

Just now, Exclipse said:

No but for attempting to take legal action against him.

as he said in his post that was at the beginning of the site and for using the word Kerbal.  That was then dropped as far as i know and no further legal action was taken.

10 minutes ago, Kerbart said:

So we're complaining that Squad is using an "ad laden site" to host mods even though they're providing a link that leads uses to an ad-free site, because users choose to not use that link?

What's next, complaining that there are no good instructions on how to play it because they decided to watch Pewdiepie's videos instead of Scott Manley's?  The option to experience mods on Curse without ads is there. It's not even hidden. If people choose to take the ad-route anyway, they shouldn't complain.

Cool Straw man argument but I don't respond to those. :wink:

Just now, B787_300 said:

Apart from some political philosophy, B787_300 is correct that Squad has nothing to do with the shutdown of Kerbal Stuff. 

Just now, sal_vager said:

Funny how KerbalStuff still had Kerbal in the name when its owner decided to shut it down, if legal action had been threatened that would be unlikely.

KerbalX.com is doing just fine by the way.

BUT SQUAD DOESNT LISTEN TO THE COMMUNITY

2 minutes ago, regex said:

Because he used their trademark?  Welcome to the business world.  What's hilarious is they ultimately just decided it didn't matter and let it slide.

Thanks, Squad, for letting KerbalStuff be A Thing.

A court would never let that stand, (wife works in law, just asked her) Basically unless he was causing injury to their business or making a profit via ads or something then they would have no grounds to pursue him.

What's next, complaining that there are no good instructions on how to play it because they decided to watch Pewdiepie's videos instead of Scott Manley's? 

WHo is this Scott Manley you talk of? I had it on good authority that Pewdiepie was the definitive source for all things KSP. No wonder I couldn't fine anything on his site about KSP. Wow, do I feel stupid.

Just now, Exclipse said:

A court would never let that stand, (wife works in law, just asked her) Basically unless he was causing injury to their business or making a profit via ads or something then they would have no grounds to pursue him.

So basically what you're saying is that Squad had nothing to do with KerbalStuff or it shutting down?

It just feels weird to me I guess. I always felt like SQUAD was heavily community orientated. Even hiring members of the community to implement mods into the game.

So when I hear the took legal action on someone who was only doing the community a service... grinds me wrong.

These arguments are breaking my heart, come on guys, the KSP community is so much better than this. Can't we all just accept the fact that Squad chose Curse for reasons they do NOT need to explain to us? Kerbal Stuff was made after it was coming to light that Squad was going to start using Curse if I'm recalling correctly so they weren't even given that website as an option when they were trying to decide what to replace Spaceport with. Plus, everyone complains about curse and its ads, the idea is for everyone to use Kerbal CurseFORGE which does not use ads at all, I actually really like Curseforge, and I'd recommend it to anyone but also would recommend Kerbal Stuff to them. It's really not as big of a deal as everyone is making it out to be, Kerbal Stuff is coming back and Curseforge is going to stay, everyone should just take a deep breath and appreciate that we have a community willing to develop an alternative website and a developer who really does listen to its community (no matter how many people say they don't) more than any game I've seen in awhile (minus Star Citizen but that's for obvious reasons).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.