I just can't deal with all my crashes..

14 hours ago, Sequinox said:

^^Best answer here^^

I don't think so, because SQUAD and a lot of modders won't support any 64-bit versions.
So you will never be sure which error could be initialized by a mod or the instability by KSP 64-bit itself.

Sure: i also would love to see comeback of an official support for 64-bit, but in my opinion this won't happen.

9 hours ago, Kermon said:

I don't think so, because SQUAD and a lot of modders won't support any 64-bit versions.
So you will never be sure which error could be initialized by a mod or the instability by KSP 64-bit itself.

Sure: i also would love to see comeback of an official support for 64-bit, but in my opinion this won't happen.

He pretty much supplies fixes for both OOM crashes and non-OOM crashes in a very detailed fashion. He stated nearly every option to fix the crashes.

Have I got some good news for you. 1.1 will include 64 bit versions for windows, Mac AND Linux.

It seems Unity 5 has *very* stable clients for all platforms so when 1.1 drops OOM crashes will be a thing of the past for quite a few people.

EDIT : Also AFAIK mods are not written for 32 or 64 bit, they are just written and it is the client that is 32 or 64 bit.

Edited by John FX

This is probably only temporary, since 1.1 will supposedly introduce a "standard" 64bit version of KSP... If this DOES happen, then, yes, mods will be updated to 64bit, and hence they WILL be supported for 64bit..

Also, as another option to try, if you are crashing seemingly due to a number of screen reverts buidling up, I HIGHLY recommend either using Malah's QuickGoTo and QuickExit:

QuickGoTo allows you to switch scenes directly, and saves having to go switch thru the Space Center everytime... Basically almost HALVING the amount of screen changes you have to go thru...

QuickExit also keeps you from having to go thru several scene changes, as well as having to go back thru the main menus just to exit the game... Good for if the game starts lagging, and you KNOW you are about to crash...

Theres also another mod that puts the building icons at the bottom of the screen, that also switches directly between scenes.. I cant think of the name of it, and cant find it on Google right now... :(

Edited by Stone Blue

2 hours ago, John FX said:

Have I got some good news for you. 1.1 will include 64 bit versions for windows, Mac AND Linux.

It seems Unity 5 has *very* stable clients for all platforms so when 1.1 drops OOM crashes will be a thing of the past for quite a few people.

EDIT : Also AFAIK mods are not written for 32 or 64 bit, they are just written and it is the client that is 32 or 64 bit.

Ok, perhaps i've overread this at the last DevNotes? Any official link or statement about 64-bit?

Thank you.

If they're written for 32 or 64-bit doesn't matter. I remember the (comprehensible) s***storm from some modders about instability of 64-bit. (still see at stupid_chris RealChute)

2 hours ago, Stone Blue said:

This is probably only temporary, since 1.1 will supposedly introduce a "standard" 64bit version of KSP... If this DOES happen, then, yes, mods will be updated to 64bit, and hence they WILL be supported for 64bit..

Also, as another option to try, if you are crashing seemingly due to a number of screen reverts buidling up, I HIGHLY recommend either using Malah's QuickGoTo and QuickExit:

QuickGoTo allows you to switch scenes directly, and saves having to go switch thru the Space Center everytime... Basically almost HALVING the amount of screen changes you have to go thru...

QuickExit also keeps you from having to go thru several scene changes, as well as having to go back thru the main menus just to exit the game... Good for if the game starts lagging, and you KNOW you are about to crash...

Theres also another mod that puts the building icons at the bottom of the screen, that also switches directly between scenes.. I cant think of the name of it, and cant find it on Google right now... :(

thanks. I'll try QuickGoTo, love his QuickScroll and QuickSearch already :kiss:

As i said: i would love a comback to 64-bit, because for me it was one of the most stable versions i ever played in KSP.

but at this point i am not really that optimistic :wink:

4 minutes ago, Kermon said:

As i said: i would love a comback to 64-bit, because for me it was one of the most stable versions i ever played in KSP.

Yeah... I dont know if its due to lack of OOM crashes, or better garbage collection handling, or whatever, but i LOVE the stability of KSP on 64bit Linux... Would be nice to see the same stability on Windows finally...

15 minutes ago, Kermon said:

If they're written for 32 or 64-bit doesn't matter. I remember the (comprehensible) s***storm from some modders about instability of 64-bit.

Which at the time was very valid as a result of the instability of the Unity 4 64 bit client and (IIRC) the lack of a 64 bit debugger which hampered development. Unity 5 has a much more stable 64 bit client and a debugger so the instability of old windows 64 bit will not be an issue when we get 1.1 and as a bonus there will be a Mac 64 bit client too.

initial info from here

"Those of you using OSX will be happy to know that we’ve taken a significant hurdle there: Ted has decided that we’re ready to start testing the viability of OSX 64-bit builds! The OSX builds are now universal, meaning that we’re creating 32-bit and 64-bit packages in the same job and that we’re not looking at increased build times as a result. For those of you who facing an ontological or existential crisis after reading this: yes, we have 64 bit builds for Windows as well, and they’re rock steady so far."

There have been more confirmations in subsequent devnotes that 1.1 will have 32 and 64 bit versions for Linux, Windows, and OSX

Edited by John FX

On 2/21/2016 at 8:43 AM, SlabGizor117 said:

I just deleted 15 crash reports from my game file, and I don't have any mods I'd be willing to uninstall..  I tried the OpenGL idea, and it didn't do anything..  I don't want Dynamic Texture Loader either, because it makes things look really ugly all blurry in the parts menu, and it even made me crash more when choosing a new unloaded part would cause lag.  There must be something else I can do, it's making the game unplayable, I'm losing so much interest.  Every other time I go between the VAB/SPH and the Pad/Runway, it crashes.  Sometimes it even crashes in the editor, and I lose all my work.  Is there anything I can do?  I'm so tired of playing like this.  Not even kidding, I'm about to give up on the game.

I created a tutorial on how to install the 64 bit workaround. As well Real Solar System, Realism Overhaul, RSS Visual Enhancements and 80+ mods. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.