Kelaz 47T Dump Truck

Jon144

Introducing... The KELAZ-47 Ton (100% Stock) Dump-Truck

The Kelaz-47 is a heavy dump truck capable of carrying more than twice it's own weight. It's also a 100% stock 280 part Mega-Truck. No mods required!

But Jon... You have made hundreds of "Mega-Trucks" before! What's different and why should I care about this one? Well first, this truck is the first I have made that features an all new differential that allows wheels on each side of the vehicle spin independent from each-other. This gives the truck a tighter turning radius than those before that used welded differentials. 

There are two different methods that you can use to steer the vehicle. You can press buttons 1 and 2 to toggle reverse thrust on the truck's engines. You can use this to turn slowly, but if you need to make a much tighter and responsive turn you can use action groups 3 and 4 to lock the mechanical brakes on different sides of the vehicle. Using the independent differential you can lock one side of wheels while letting the other wheels continue to turn, rotating the vehicle even at a near to dead stop.

The funnest part about this craft is the giant hydraulic powered bucket. To use it simply switch to it following decoupling and press the G key to toggle the gear used as the hydraulic piston. Unfortunately I have not yet built a vehicle to load it, but that can be up to you!

Download it here! https://www.dropbox.com/s/42fbs06euas1bnh/Kelaz-47T.craft?dl=0

Enjoy!

5ocz733.pngVgmUiz0.pngjyqfA6H.pngdoPn6Po.png

Edited by Jon144

Just now, Majorjim said:

Awesomely creative craft Jon! You need to fill the tub up with whack-a-kerbal balls and deposit them somewhere, maybe the KSC pool! Turn it into a ball pool.

Great Idea! I'm on it. I might make a giant grabber claw using a Mk3 Cargo bay to load it with junk too. Something needs to take all those launch-pad debris to the dump?

Just now, Jon144 said:

Great Idea! I'm on it. I might make a giant grabber claw using a Mk3 Cargo bay to load it with junk too. Something needs to take all those launch-pad debris to the dump?

Love it! What a great idea for debris cleaning! Just do it out of sight of the next victim astronaut. :blush:

Edited by Majorjim

I'm making a bigger one. Here is the Kelaz 61T. Has 4 wheels on each axel to better distribute weight, more engines making it faster, larger dump box etc.

Download it and test it here! Make sure to leave feedback. https://www.dropbox.com/s/tgyzqa4ojuji68q/Kelaz-61T.craft?dl=0

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

Edited by Jon144

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.