Mechanical Mouse Industries Development Thread.

Dani-Sang

Very nice work! While your still working on it, could you please, please, please cover the landing legs in such a way that the landing legs aren\'t visible as such when launching from the pad.

When you\'re building a rocket, you always have to stick those legs at the side of the rocket. And that looks just awful! Now that you\'re clearly working on animated parts, it would be very nice if you could keep them covered in a shroud or fairing (or whatever it\'s called) which keeps them hidden until used. It would make them the best landinglegs available (imho).

Hey Cardinal,

Thx for your input but for now these legs aren\'t going to be intergrated with anything, they will be attachements like any other. HOWEVER! I\'ve got a concept for 2 other landing legs that actually get within a hull. I left them for the end, but since my progress goes faster then anticipated and you are requesting for one I will create one tomorrow.

Pass along the thread tomorrow and you might see a modeled product already finished, probably also animated since that part isn\'t so difficult for me.

EDIT: Tomorrow I will make a inventory on main thread of what I have and what I still have planned.

Have build upon 2 landing gears and a solar panel inspired by orion capsule. Hope you guys like it. Think I\'m going to build upon some more models/animations and ideas. Not sure what tho, so this time is the best moment to suggest something.

Also fun fact: Solar Panel only has 54 polygons :D.

262ms5i.jpg

Animated, really worth watching:

Animation Landing Gear and Solar Panel

Having a bit of fun with the modules I\'m creating. Maybe a future space station? Will have to change the solar panels to something a lot less poly\'s and objects.

What is the purpose of the extending parts (of the solar panel) They don\'t seem to have any function, so deleting those would already bring the poly\'s down (a bit).

Judging from the pictures the extendy bits are extremely low poly, so deleting them wouldn\'t have much of an impact.

And this is KSP, not minecraft a few thousand tris is fine.

Still looking great. Everything except the sat body texture, the hex texture doesn\'t really fit on a sat imo.

Judging from the pictures the extendy bits are extremely low poly, so deleting them wouldn\'t have much of an impact.

And this is KSP, not minecraft a few thousand tris is fine.

Still looking great. Everything except the sat body texture, the hex texture doesn\'t really fit on a sat imo.

They were placeholders. Whole part of the solar panels is close to 8000 poly\'s - which is too much for my liking. I think if I make another concept to make massive solar panels that I then can reduce the poly\'s even close to 2000.

What is the purpose of the extending parts (of the solar panel) They don\'t seem to have any function, so deleting those would already bring the poly\'s down (a bit).

They generate energy and filter ZO2. You know that we are in the plugin age?

If you are interested in making the panels to follow the Sun and generate power accoding to the angle between them and the sunlight, check my plugin. ZO2 and other power system compatibility included. For any questions and requests feel free to ask me.

If you are interested in making the panels to follow the Sun and generate power accoding to the angle between them and the sunlight, check my plugin. ZO2 and other power system compatibility included. For any questions and requests feel free to ask me.

Haha, I\'m bad at coding etc (never done it), so will probably & definatly ask you guys to help with that part. But my parts will be released with 1.6 (for now)

You don\'t need to code anything. Just follow the part making instructions in the plugin thread.

Did it with KSP 0.11 or so, but totally forgot about part making (beside the modeling the stuff around it).

Update where I\'m working on. New set of massive solar panels and working on some kind of communication device, but not happy how it is turning out, might scrap that and come up with something better.

vgpxcy.jpg

The communication device looks great, but AFAIK it whould require a new plugin to work as comms device AND unfold (nothing really complicated).

I\'ve already changed that because it had loads of polygons. The other one I made gives a bigger satelite dish and its also already animated and it looks great. With less polygons of the first one.

There is already a plugin regarding communication I think. Forgot the name of the plugin, but its there.

j73pkx.jpg

Since It is weekend and I\'ve got noting to do, I decided to model everything today what I need (the ones in red)

Current List of Features for v1.0

Modeled - M

Animated - A (optional)

Textured - T

Hull - Thin & Long MT

Hull - Thick & Short MT

Command Module - Unmanned Satellite M

Command Module - Habitational Module MA

Solar Panel - Regular MAT

Solar Panel - Circular MA

Solar Panel - Extreme Long MA

Solar Panel - ?

Communication - Satellite Dish MT

Communication - Extreme Large Satellite Dish MA

Communication - Small Satellite Dish

Communication - Antenna

Scientific - Sensor Module 1 MA

Scientific - Sensor Module 2

Scientific - Telescope (Kind of hubble idea)

External Tank - Liquid Gas MT

External Tank - Oxygen MT

External Tank - RCS Fuel MT

Landing Legs - External 1 MA

Landing Legs - External 2

Landing Legs - Internal Small MA

Landing Legs - Internal Large MA

Extra - Suprise...

You could use PowerTech, Zoxygene, Electrical Energy and Satellite Relay Network.

Funny thing that these are the plugins I use most frequently ;P

That is my idea:

Massive Update:

All parts are modeled and I\'m now working on texturing. Go to my very first post too see all the parts and how satellites would start to look like.

But I\'ll post the pictures here too :P

All parts for v1.0

9lhgkg.jpg

Un-deployed and deployed satellites/parts.

b6euro.jpg

fto84h.jpg

When i saw the big 'dish' antenna, one satellite has come in my mind immediately

The TDRS or Tracking Data Relay Satellite but, i don\'t know the animation of deployment for the dual antenna :-[

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tracking_and_Data_Relay_Satellite

Hmmm... well, it doesn\'t really matter, I want to make parts for the Kerbal Universe, don\'t want to copy our own :)

Actually i don\'t make anyting... principally for one reason....

i don\'t know how to model in blender and.... how to texture :D

so, you are free to model that antenna :D

(i wish that i was good at modelling as you or some people here in the forum :-[)