Colonize the Kerbol System Modded career playthrough

YTNewneo

Hi guys and welcome to my ongoing post about my interstellar playthrough of KSP.

I have already clocked in over 800 hours of KSP Play since the early stages of the beta and have now decided to make a Video Playthrough of a heavily modded KSP. 

Edit: Now the full mod list for episode 3 and forward:

• Active Texture Management
  • Adjustable Landing Gear
  • B9 Pack
  • Bahamuto Animation Modules
  • Community Resource Pack
  • Community Tech Tree
  • Contract Configurator
  • Contract Pack SCANSat
  • Contract Pack The K-Files
  • Crows Sourced Science
  • Deadly Reentry Continued
  • Distant Object Enhancement
  • Docking Port Alignment Indicator
  • Enhanced Navball
  • Environmental Visual Enhancements
  • Extraplanetary Launchpads
  • Ferram Aerospace Research
  • Filter Extensions
  • Firespitter Core
  • Interstellar Fuel Switch
  • Kerbal Alarm Clock
  • Kerbal Attachment System
  • Kerbal Construction Time
  • Kerbal Inventory System
  • Kerbal Stats
  • Kethane Mining
  • KSP Interstellar Extended
  • Infernal Robotics
  • MechJeb 2
  • MechJeb and Engineer for all!
  • Module Manager
  • Persistent Rotation
  • Precise Node
  • Procedural Fairings
  • RasterProp Monitor Core
  • RCS Build Aid
  • RealChute Parachute Systems
  • Remote Tech
  • SCANsat
  • scatterer
  • Smoe Screen
  • StageRecovery
  • TAC Life Support
  • Toolbar
  • TweakScale
  • USI Core(MKS/OKS) 
  • Waypoint Manager

My playthrough will mostly consist of little 15-20 minute episodes where i will advance in career mode, explain some of the workings of the game and try to get my Kerbals to colonize their Solar System and eventually become a race that can travel faster than light, have some off planet Shipyards and colonies on Duna, Eve and Laythe. 

I will post one video per week on my Youtube Channel and in this post so anyone who wants to follow this grand adventure of the Kerbals can join in,

You can post in here if you want to see me do something specific in the future, or you know of a mod that i simply need to have and would fit good with my series and i will try to accommodate you if possible.

Thanks for reading and here is my first Episode: KSP Episode 1 - escaping the atmosphere 

KSP Interstellar Episode 1 - escaping the atmosphere of Kerbin
KSP Interstellar Episode 2 - First Orbit
KSP Interstellar Episode 3 - Unmanned Mun Flyby
KSP Interstellar Episode 4 Mun research and Kerbin Scan
KSP Interstellar Episode 5 - Remote tech 101 Tutorial
KSP Interstellar Episode 6 - K-Files and Remote tech Upgrade
KSP Interstellar Episode 7 - Early Tech Manned Mun Landing
IVA Minmus Landing - KSP Interstellar Episode 8
KSS Kerbal Space Station 1 - KSP Interstellar Episode 9
Mun Scan and Polar Expedition - KSP Interstellar Episode 10
First Death and more Scanning - KSP Interstellar Episode 11
Escaping the Kerbin System - KSP Interstellar Episode 12
The Hero returns to Kerbin - KSP Interstellar Episode 13
First Mission to Duna - KSP Interstellar Episode 14
Howto rendezvous and Dock in LKO - KSP Interstellar Episode 15
Kpollo (Apollo Styled) Mission to Minmus - KSP Interstellar Episode 16
Return from the Space Station - KSP Interstellar Episode 17
Kpollo return and Version Upgrade - KSP Interstellar Episode 18
Preparations for Big Missions - KSP Interstellar Episode 19
Mapping Duna and EVE - KSP Interstellar Episode 20
D.A.M.N. and Dragon 1- KSP Insterstellar Episode 21
Minmus Resource Scaning -  KSP Insterstellar Episode 22

Edited by YTNewneo
Adding 22nd link to post

Update Number 2 to my Interstellar series of Kerbal Space Program. Today I built myself a vessel to get a few more science to get my space program of the ground and also built my first Rocket capable of getting into a proper orbit of the Planet Kerbin. Hope you enjoy it.

And my insterstellar career continues with Episode 3 and this time I do some science spamming at the KSC and explain how you can do it too in the early career mode if you need some extra science and then i try a first UNMANNED Mun-Flyby without any upgrades to the KSC. This was a really hard one to pull of because of "Remote-Tech", the 30 part restriction and my need to be able to send back some science at the Mun. I hope you enjoy it: Next episode I will send some Kerbals to check out the Mun in person and start on some sort of Remote-Tech Network.

Episode 4 is available now:

KSP Interstellar Episode 4 Mun research and Kerbin Scan
In Today's Episode of Kerbal Space Program we launch our first manned mission to the Mun to let Jeb do some science there and then we build a scanner capable of scanning Kerbin's surface to get us our first full map of the Planet. 

Episode 5 is online now. 

Today's episode is a nice short tutorial to show how you can make an early Remote Tech satellite system around Kerbin. We used just the Communotron 16 to get a nice omni-directional bubble around Kerbin for our future Satellites. Hope you enjoy it. 

Episode 6 is online now:

In today's episode I do some contract work to get some more money going and in doing so unlock the K-Files EP-0. This is a nice episodic Contract Pack that in itself tells a nice story so I'm excited to see how this will continue. And to get the Space-program going I also launched the first Satellite capable of sending a signal to the Mun and thereby making it possible to send remote Probes there in the future. Hope you enjoy it:

Episode 7 is online now:

And today we get to send the first Kerbal to the surface of the Mun to fulfill some contract, get some science and be the first Kerbal to step on an alien world. 

I must apologize in advance for a minor graphics glitch in the recording, I don't know if it came from the recording software or the game, I hat to rerecord some of the video footage and you can see the glitch in some scenes. I hope it isn't too distracting and I will hopefully get a glitch-free episode online next week. Enjoy:

Episode 8 is online Now:

IVA Minmus Landing - KSP Interstellar Episode 8

In today's episode I try to land on Minmus with the same Rocket that got me to the Mun in the last, but with a little twist. I do the whole thing from inside the capsule in IVA. The only other thing I allow myself to do is go to the Map-view to place and edit Maneuver Nodes. Enjoy

Episode 9 in online now:

KSS Kerbal Space Station 1 - KSP Interstellar Episode 9

Today I return from Minmus to retrieve all the science I could get from there and use it to advance the tech tree. Then I launch the first part of the "KSS" Space Station 1 into Orbit with a small problem at the end. Hope you enjoy

Episode 10 is online now:

Mun Scan and Polar Expedition - KSP Interstellar Episode 10

Today we send our first permanent satellite to the Mun to Scan the Surface for abnormalities and to get a map of the Mun and we also send Jeb on a mission to the north Pole to do some science and plant a flag. Enjoy

• 2 weeks later...

Oh crap, just realized that I forgot to post my Episode 11 Video here. Maybe it was involuntarily because this was the episode where my first Kerbal died. Jeb was flying in his Plane and trying to get some nice Pictures of the Pyramids on Kerbin when he(maybe it was me) miscalculated the maneuverability of the Plane. See for yourself. 

Today we continue our Journey towards the stars by sending our first Kerbal-made Object on an escape trajectory out of the local Kerbin System and send it into a solar Orbit to do some Science. Also we continue with our scanning affords in the Kerbin-System by sending our Satellite that we launched in the last episode on its way towards Minmus. And last but not least we build a new Addition to the Space Station in Kerbin Orbit that will be launched in the next Episode. 

ENJOY:

• 2 weeks later...

In Episode 13 of my #Interstellar Quest we return our brave Kerbal from the Orbit around the Sun back to Kerbin. In the process we get a nice Mun encounter to slow us down a bit and we do our first near-docking maneuver to get the science to our space Station. 

ENJOY:

• 2 weeks later...

2 new Videos in my series are here. 

First we send the first Satellite on a Mission to Duna. 

And the second new video. We expand the Space Station with the first Module that we Dock to it and in the process I explain a little bit about Docking:

Hey,

no, I will keep posting my updated here, and adding them to the list to have a full link list for myself and everyone who wants to look at it.

And with that said I have another mission. I made an Apollo replica and sent it to Minmus, with a Lander and a seperate Service Module and everything one needs to science the heck out of Minmus. 

ENJOY: 

The Mission continues. The Crew of the Kpollo returns to Orbit and redocks with the Service Module to transfer all the science and then head back home.

And secondly the first crew are returning back to Kerbin from the Space Station because they were just using up supplies. 

ENJOY:

• 2 weeks later...

And now the Crew of the Kpollo finally returns to Kerbin. But first they need to make a quick stop at the Space Station. After that i finally had enough of the old KSP Version and decided to spend an awefull amount of time trying to get this save file working on the newest version. 
It did so with just a few problems concerning remote tech and some Launch Stabilizers that really wanted to fly with the rocket to space. Was the funniest bug I've ever seen.

See for yourself and ENJOY: 

• 2 weeks later...

We are back to work finally!!!

After upgrading my PC and porting every mod to the newest ‪#‎KSP‬ version I'm finally able to make decent videos again:
I prepared for some big missions in the future and sent a Plane out around Kerbin to make some observatiosn that will get me some more cash to spend. 
ENJOY:

• 3 weeks later...

Episode 20 is online:

We finally se some other planets than Kerbin close up and get to scan their surfaces for possible landing sites in future Episodes. And as it turns out the Money guys back at the KSC really liked my maps of Duna, Ike and Eve so they apparently decided to cover me with money for the foreseeable future, so we can do some more Fun Missions in the futue that we might not have contracts for just for the fun of it(and of course SCIENCE!) 

ENJOY:

• 1 month later...

After more than a month i was finally able to play some KSP on a stable Version with all my mods again and so here it is, Episode 21 of my Interstellar playthrough.

I try to build a SSTO Plane but the simulations don't go that well and so i named the thing "D.A.M.N" During Acceleration Malfunctioning Nonsense. After some time of trying to get it to fly properly i decided to just built myself a version of the Dragon Spacecraft and use that one to resupply my Space Station.

ENJOY:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.