Too many rockets.

daniel l.

3 minutes ago, FyunchClick said:

I mean stock, Mods are nice but nothing can beat the feel of a stock game, Unfortunately stock games are lacking in anything worthwile.

5 minutes ago, Maximus97 said:

Well, I dunno how to respond to this thread, honestly. Bored with stock, don't wanna do mods, which I respect. Discussion over, I guess?

Actually i love mods and when i play the game i cant play without them, But unfortunately mods are heavily improvised, Kopernicus planets are buggy and dull compared to what the devs could achieve in stock if they wanted to, Life supports mods dont quite work the way they should nor do colony mods. The modding API can only go so far and the majority of mods are unstable and improvised just to make them work.

Plus mods just dont have the authentic feel of a stock game.

And i would love to play the stock game if it was worth playing, But unfortunately the resources are limited and the graphics are crappy.

2 minutes ago, zarakon said:

:confused::confused: I don't know what's going on in this universe :confused::confused:

I have this thing where i cant stand using anything i made myself, And choosing mods kinda counts because i am creating my game instead of playing it. So i cant really stand a modded game no matter how pretty. Which is why im lobbying for stock improvements.

22 minutes ago, daniel l. said:

I have this thing where i cant stand using anything i made myself, And choosing mods kinda counts because i am creating my game instead of playing it. So i cant really stand a modded game no matter how pretty. Which is why im lobbying for stock improvements.

I'm pretty confident that this game is not going to have stock starships or stock starship building shipyards and probably never going to have the improvements that you seem to want unless you bring your expectations down because they're a bit lofty.

Maybe you might pick something that you enjoy doing and then go do it?

2 hours ago, daniel l. said:

But unfortunately mods are heavily improvised, Kopernicus planets are buggy and dull compared to what the devs could achieve in stock if they wanted to

Lots of them are, sure.

And then there's Outer Planets.  Played it?

2 hours ago, daniel l. said:

Not sure what you mean by that.  Do you mean that they have lower production value, i.e. the quality simply isn't up to snuff?

Or do you mean that it's something psychological that it's just the fact that it's a mod and not part of the stock game that bugs you?

If it's the former:  sure, a lot of mods are rough and amateurish.  And others are jaw-droppingly gorgeous and beautifully done and easily the equal of anything I've seen in stock.  For example:  all those pretty Mk2 spaceplane parts?  They all started out life as a mod, and were so good that Squad went and hired Porkjet and brought them into the stock game.

If it's the latter:  well, of course you're entitled to feel what you feel, but if you don't like the stock game and you don't want to use mods, then why keep playing?

5 hours ago, Starwaster said:

I'm pretty confident that this game is not going to have stock starships or stock starship building shipyards

I disagree. Adding ramscoop fusion drives & timewarp jumpships & wormhole divers & etc. to the tech tree, and adding several nearby solar systems is the obvious progression for the game to take in far future versions. Yeah, maybe you have to launch them all from KSC still.

3 minutes ago, bewing said:

I disagree. Adding ramscoop fusion drives & timewarp jumpships & wormhole divers & etc. to the tech tree, and adding several nearby solar systems is the obvious progression for the game to take in far future versions. Yeah, maybe you have to launch them all from KSC still.

Not happening in stock. Mods, yes, stock no.

I don't think it is that obvious, since it's more of a simulation reflecting maybe near future technologies at the end of the techtree. It' would be far more obvious to improve on allready implemented things (or multiplayer *cough*), especially if you consider that we're past version 1.x... The mods are a nice addition and can keep you playing for years, but in general there should and probably will be more polishing, maybe real astereoid belts or something, but probably no additional solar systems.

7 hours ago, daniel l. said:

Actually i love mods and when i play the game i cant play without them, But unfortunately mods are heavily improvised, Kopernicus planets are buggy and dull compared to what the devs could achieve in stock if they wanted to, Life supports mods dont quite work the way they should nor do colony mods. The modding API can only go so far and the majority of mods are unstable and improvised just to make them work.

And i would love to play the stock game if it was worth playing, But unfortunately the resources are limited and the graphics are crappy.

If you feel like mods are icky and bad then there's not much anyone of us can do to change that.

Your only real options are: a) change your mind about mods b) continue to be bored without mods c) make a mod that feels authentic to you d) you're screwed there is no option d, game over man game over.

4 minutes ago, Mastikator said:

If you feel like mods are icky and bad then there's not much anyone of us can do to change that.

Your only real options are: a) change your mind about mods b) continue to be bored without mods c) make a mod that feels authentic to you d) you're screwed there is no option d, game over man game over.

I dont dislike mods, I love 'em, But i like vanilla gameplay but unfortunately stock ksp is insufficient

8 hours ago, daniel l. said:

Which is why im lobbying for stock improvements.

Ah. Gotcha. There just wasn't anything in the title of the post or the OP to suggest any improvements you had. Just keep discussing in the Suggestions and Development subforum to 'lobby' support.

On 3/4/2016 at 8:31 PM, Starwaster said:

I'm pretty confident that this game is not going to have stock starships or stock starship building shipyards and probably never going to have the improvements that you seem to want unless you bring your expectations down because they're a bit lofty.

Maybe you might pick something that you enjoy doing and then go do it?

Kinda silly to say further technologies are never going to happen when planes were never intended to be part of the game upon its inception. KSP was nothing more than a model rocketry simulator that then became a ballistic flight simulator which later incorporated aeroflight into the mix which required a lot of work to make that happen.  Fun Fact: The guys at Squad actually coded a warp engine part for the game. It was reported in the dev diary that it worked fantastically, but not incorporated as the game was just not big enough to need it.  Being a part of some early access games, I have seen developers challenge themselves to make something they stated was impossible or impractical before. Granted KSP's aerodynamics model isn't going to rival Microsoft Flight Simulator, but they really made it quite practical when they stated otherwise beforehand.

Considering the game is about to be upgraded to a system which will allow a ton of possibilities, I highly expect Harvester to conceive something for KSP that I as a player wouldn't have considered likely when KSP was just Kerbin, the Mun, and a two-dimensional sprite for a sun(ah, that sun. I kinda miss the way it always stabbed my retinas...) There is plenty yet to be explored for potential of the game. Don't sell it short. You only limit your own imagination to what you can do in it.

5 hours ago, samstarman5 said:

Kinda silly to say further technologies are never going to happen when planes were never intended to be part of the game upon its inception. KSP was nothing more than a model rocketry simulator that then became a ballistic flight simulator which later incorporated aeroflight into the mix which required a lot of work to make that happen.  Fun Fact: The guys at Squad actually coded a warp engine part for the game. It was reported in the dev diary that it worked fantastically, but not incorporated as the game was just not big enough to need it.  Being a part of some early access games, I have seen developers challenge themselves to make something they stated was impossible or impractical before. Granted KSP's aerodynamics model isn't going to rival Microsoft Flight Simulator, but they really made it quite practical when they stated otherwise beforehand.

Considering the game is about to be upgraded to a system which will allow a ton of possibilities, I highly expect Harvester to conceive something for KSP that I as a player wouldn't have considered likely when KSP was just Kerbin, the Mun, and a two-dimensional sprite for a sun(ah, that sun. I kinda miss the way it always stabbed my retinas...) There is plenty yet to be explored for potential of the game. Don't sell it short. You only limit your own imagination to what you can do in it.

Yeah, I've tried making use of the WarpEngine a few times. 'worked fantastically' is not a phrase I'd have used to describe it. It broke action symmetry and physics in every individual part on the craft. Possibly because it pre-dates the current PartModule system; probably because it was something someone coded for fun and never finished. Yeah, it's in the game, sitting there unused, even by modders. Nobody even tries to do anything with it except in private.

That last bit was just plain weird. I'm selling the game short and limiting my imagination? Because I said that they're not going to take the game in the direction of having starships and whatnot? I don't even think a rational response is possible to that part of your posting.

Edited by Starwaster

7 hours ago, Starwaster said:

That last bit was just plain weird. I'm selling the game short and limiting my imagination? Because I said that they're not going to take the game in the direction of having starships and whatnot? I don't even think a rational response is possible to that part of your posting.

Really? What i meant by all that was KSP is limited by a rudimentary part system, Every part has only one parent part meaning if that parent breaks then the part falls off even if it is clipping into another part which should reasonably be expected to hold it. Also the game has a relatively small capacity for parts meaning that spacecraft remain eternally dull and limited in size, And eventually you just want to stop building cheap little apollo CSM's and make something legit awesome to carry your crew:klavs_models65.jpg

But unfortunately however, KSP's control system is very impractical, Instead of doing what a game like Space engineers did with the mouse controlling ship direction making flight easy, KSP went for the WASD buttons which are actually very confusing to use. Honestly when i got the game i hoped to be able to build massive ships that could carry an entire space center worth of ships, I imagined stations carrying sections of these massive ships that i could dock together in orbit to produce countless epic combinations, But instead, KSP has a very poorly made part connection system (Anyone who build a hanger around a fuel tank only for the fuel tank to flop out of it will know) And the max part count is quite small by comparison to other building games such as starmade, As well as the fact that the current parts are too small (3.75 meters really isnt all that big).

Many people myself very much included brought KSP for one reason, then with the power of either mods or self made changes made it into something else

To me KSP is the ultimate long range landtrain simulator with a workable diesel electric resource that powers my locomotives..

This requires mods..workarounds and tweaking of the stock game to get what I want out of it.. 

I have very much...quite pleased with capabilities of KSP as a platform

My controller of choice is a madcatz steering wheel and pedals with an old throttle.. Because keys lead to lethal uncontrolled turns and throttle.. A steering wheel fixes all this.. People find thier comfort zone with mods and custom items

Im confused by your argument about wanting x thing to be stock and the expression of dislike for mods.. 

KSP is a wonderful launchpad for a great many things.. Squad has there vision and ideals.. So do you 

They differ greatly.. But to get anywhere near your desired game your going to have to use mods..

That said.. You compare space engineers and others.. I too have these games.. I also have dedicated railway games if I wanted to undertake more realistic train operations..

Kerbal space program has its own quirks and personality.. Quite simply because its kerbal space program and not another program you mention

We all buy different games because they do different things.. 

KSP is wonderful.. But kerbal galactica it is not.. And likely wont be in the future

Just as Kerbal Train Program :)

16 minutes ago, Overland said:

m confused by your argument about wanting x thing to be stock and the expression of dislike for mods..

I don't dislike them, Im a modder myself. It maybe a psychological thing but i tend to feel weird about playing a modded game, In fact the farthest i can go when modding is EVE and a new skybox and maybe a sunflare. But no further, You see even installing mods that i didn't make it feels like im making a custom game, And i just don't feel comfortable using anything i myself have made.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.