Kerbal Space Program 1.1 Hype Train Thread.

Whirligig Girl

4 minutes ago, TAImatem said:

I should've said about it beeing substantional (my first thought was about heating up like on reentry)

As we've never directly measured objects approaching lightspeed (though we've seen them near Black Holes) we can only calculate it mathematically and that's not so easy :D

I'd say "burning up" might be doable if travelling through an area of space that's more dense. Where there's small debris or nebular gases. Otherwise, I'm doubtful.

Still, it's not a bad question. That's how scientists start off.

"Oh, and by space I mean deep space". So like interstellar and intergalactic? Yeah, doubt you'd ever be able to go fast enough to burn up in space. Like that :)

Edited by hildegain

1 minute ago, hildegain said:

As we've never directly measured objects approaching lightspeed (though we've seen them near Black Holes) we can only calculate it mathematically and that's not so easy :D

I'd say "burning up" might be doable if travelling through an area of space that's more dense. Where there's small debris or nebular gases. Otherwise, I'm doubtful :)

Still, it's not a bad question. That's how scientists start off.

In a solar system something as large as a hype train moving at near light speeds would probably explode within seconds, given that while there are very few atoms there, it covers so much ground and is going so fast that once it does hit a particle head on it would have a force strong enough to destroy the entire train.

Just now, Rthsom said:

The number of posts in this thread has pretty much doubled since Friday. I'm starting to wonder if the post count will exceed what it was in the 1.0 Hype Train thread.

Well, I hope it doesn't take that long to get the release.

Gues Squad won't close the thread just because a pre-release is out, tho...

2 minutes ago, Rthsom said:

The number of posts in this thread has pretty much doubled since Friday. I'm starting to wonder if the post count will exceed what it was in the 1.0 Hype Train thread.

Maybe this is an exponentially growing number of posts until 1.1? 4 days to double now, two days next, one day after that.

haha anyone have seen what happens on Mators channel? the wheels are broken now .. they explode instantaneously .. must be a config error like brakerate: 100 instead of 10 or so .. pretty funny

HYPE!!!

7 minutes ago, Jockel said:

haha anyone have seen what happens on Mators channel? the wheels are broken now .. they explode instantaneously .. must be a config error like brakerate: 100 instead of 10 or so .. pretty funny

This is probably easily fixed.  :)

36 minutes ago, katateochi said:

So......are we just bouncing off each other's hype like some crazy fission reaction, or was there some actual news? because;

heBwCTm.png

but we just seem to be on a roll

also.....I'm a little be concerned about this all happening so close to April 1st.

The only REAL news was a couple tweets by the QA lead and the KSP main account:

2 minutes ago, Volt said:

Broken things are bad. That means further from release, right?

They are only giving us a pre-release version now. Things WILL be broken. The purpose is to let us find the broken things.

3 hours ago, Temeter said:

Hype train is closing on traget:

Or is it closing in on target? Probably, english is weird. But you just garage your car...

I hope they don't forget to dot the lowercase i's too.  1.1.1 lowercase i emergency patch HYPE!!!!

7 minutes ago, Renegrade said:

I hope they don't forget to dot the lowercase i's too.  1.1.1 lowercase i emergency patch HYPE!!!!

It's prerelease, I can live with bugs of such severe nature. :3

3 minutes ago, Temeter said:

It's prerelease, I can live with bugs of such severe nature. :3

I dunno - I'd be so sad to see those little "i"s without their dots.  I guess it wouldn't really be an 'emergency patch' though since it is a pre-release/open beta..

Well, given what I have seen in streams so far these 1.1 experimentals are way more stable than KSP ever was. And given that, I'd say it looks pretty close to ready for a pre-release.