No Shirt, No CHUTE, No problem

16 hours ago, *MajorTom* said:

I made a spring from parts that can withstand shock- 70 m/s. Three touchdowns -all runs

Great idea!  Thanks for submitting! 

Could I ask what mods you are using?  I haven't seen some of them before and they look very useful.

20 hours ago, dunebugmi said:

Great idea!  Thanks for submitting! 

Could I ask what mods you are using?  I haven't seen some of them before and they look very useful.

You mean this mod - Nav Hud? Yes, it is great mod for flight :

7 hours ago, max_creative said:

I'm going to go do it! (After sending a 750 ton battle cruiser to orbit.)

I think it is funny that you are somehow sending a 750 ton battle cruiser to orbit... must have a large computer!

Probably for the same reason I put a pinecone in orbit.

1 hour ago, max_creative said:

I crashed it loading in a 250 part rocket.

The rocket is actually named "the crasher" for:

1. being rather unstable.
  2. crashing both ksp and our computer.
Edited by max_creative
Deleted a little bit.

I think mode 3 would best be done with landing legs and a really small craft, for it seems landing legs withstand up to a certain force. I landed some really small probes with ~60 m/s stably back on the pad. If you would take a panel and add a seat and a ton of legs I think it should work.

On 20. březen 2016 at 5:32 AM, *MajorTom* said:

I made a spring from parts that can withstand shock- 70 m/s. Three touchdowns -all runs

On 18. březen 2016 at 3:52 PM, dunebugmi said:

NO GLIDERS.

Not sure if that's legit.

So here is my entry, I present the Death Flower Lander.

Haven't seen it anywhere you can't use air breaks, so I used them.

All legs and wheels broke on landing but Bill got out and fixed them all so it's technically reusable. Landing at 60 M/s really makes the heart beat faster.

Imgur link isn't embedding right so link to album.
http://imgur.com/a/IWQBO

13 hours ago, theend3r said:

Not sure if that's legit.

no gliders - mean no lift surface. it has no lift surface - only air-resistanse (i don't remember right word in english), but all parts in game have it . Even a 2 part one of them with control, and second are heavyest than first- can glide in atmosphere. Just look at USA "waverider" or Russia "U-71 glider" (ops..we dont know how it really looks... only how it meant to be) - this ships has NO wings but they glide at hi-speed because of it form\air resistanse\and bolt-like shape. If you interested - i also build non-wing and no control surface SSTO. Lift in it = air resistance.

sorry for offtop it not for this challenge

Edited by *MajorTom*

3 hours ago, *MajorTom* said:

no gliders - mean no lift surface. it has no lift surface - only air-resistanse (i don't remember right word in english), but all parts in game have it . Even a 2 part one of them with control, and second are heavyest than first- can glide in atmosphere. Just look at USA "waverider" or Russia "U-71 glider" (ops..we dont know how it really looks... only how it meant to be) - this ships has NO wings but they glide at hi-speed because of it form\air resistanse\and bolt-like shape. If you interested - i also build non-wing and no control surface SSTO. Lift in it = air resistance.

Ah, ok, sorry, it looked like "lifting surfaces" but they were actually just pylons. I use FAR so those would serve as fine wings on their own but I guess that's not the case in stock.

21 hours ago, Clockwork_werewolf said:

All legs and wheels broke on landing but Bill got out and fixed them all so it's technically reusable. Landing at 60 M/s really makes the heart beat faster.

Excellent problem solving!  Yes, trying to land at kill speeds is part of what makes this fun!

15 hours ago, dunebugmi said:

Excellent problem solving!  Yes, trying to land at kill speeds is part of what makes this fun!

I'm kind of tempted to see how far I can push this but the misses is on holiday today so I wouldn't get the time. One option is to try more air breaks and see what speed I can get it down to, on the other is less air breaks and see what the top speed is before something is permanently broken when landing.

Well, here's my attempt:

First challenge in the past year or something!

So, My Attempt: Full album. Legit Mission, launch and everything. Unfortunate that I lost the booster.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.