Challenge !

I Challenge all the KSP Community to launch a whole satellite (and a big one) including science labs and docking ports

in just one launch !. 

More Harder:
Make it look like ISS, as big as ISS also !

Im not trying to force you guys, just for the guys that can actually do it.
Good luck !
P.S. Just do it for fun, this is not a competition
;)

14 minutes ago, oLinx said:

I Challenge all the KSP Community to launch a whole satellite (and a big one) including science labs and docking ports

in just one launch !. 

More Harder:
Make it look like ISS, as big as ISS also !

Im not trying to force you guys, just for the guys that can actually do it.
Good luck !
P.S. Just do it for fun, this is not a competition
;)

Hello oLinx and welcome to the forum!

We actually have Guidelines for Creating a Challenge in order to make them possible, interesting, and fun.

There are a lot of great challenges in the forum.

Happy landings!

7 minutes ago, Red Iron Crown said:

@oLinx I don't think Starhawk was implying it's impossible, just that the challenge is not very well fleshed out. What mods are permissible? How will it be scored? Are there any other restrictions?

Yup.  This could be an interesting challenge.  I think it could use some more structure, though.

All sorts of crazy things can be put in orbit in a single launch.  Perhaps you could set a mass for the station, or a minimum number of Kerbals to be stored housed there. :)

Anyway, it seems to me that the most interesting challenges tend to be carefully thought out with a fair amount of structure around expectations and limitations.

It's probably a good idea to see how other challenges in the forum are set up.

Good luck.

Happy landings!

You really need more guidelines for your challenge, limits people have to be able to get past. For example, you need guidelines as to what defines a "satellite". Are we talking about launching a satellite with a certain part count, mass, size? I would recommend mass, because there are easy ways to easily achieve a certain size or part count, and not have it be too difficult to get into orbit.

Also, what defines space? Are we talking about getting it in low-Kerbin orbit, a geosynchronous orbit, orbiting it around the Mun, launching it past Kerbin's gravitational influence and around another planet?

You also may want to factor in the relative cost of launching said satellite into how successful someone is.

Edited by drtricky

Sorry for the late reply
The minimum part:
- At least one lab 

- 4 docking ports or more

- 2 solar panels

And mass must exceed 10 Tons.

Make it comfortable for the kerbals !

16 hours ago, drtricky said:

You really need more guidelines for your challenge, limits people have to be able to get past. For example, you need guidelines as to what defines a "satellite". Are we talking about launching a satellite with a certain part count, mass, size? I would recommend mass, because there are easy ways to easily achieve a certain size or part count, and not have it be too difficult to get into orbit.

Also, what defines space? Are we talking about getting it in low-Kerbin orbit, a geosynchronous orbit, orbiting it around the Mun, launching it past Kerbin's gravitational influence and around another planet?

You also may want to factor in the relative cost of launching said satellite into how successful someone is.

Well, you actually don't need to do this with career mode, you can use sandbox mode, the only thing that matters is the requirement.
P.S. You can put it anywhere you like, geosynchronous orbit if you like ! I still recommend low kerbal orbit 

17 hours ago, Red Iron Crown said:

@oLinx I don't think Starhawk was implying it's impossible, just that the challenge is not very well fleshed out. What mods are permissible? How will it be scored? Are there any other restrictions?

All mods are perfectly fine except for Hyperedit !
Submit your stations (whole, with rocket for launching proof)
at email: [email protected]

Edited by oLinx
wrong choice of word

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.