Infinit fuel is always on on launch! Help!

Hellow fellow kerbonauts! 

So once for a test I did select the infinite fuel and rcs. Everything is fine for so on. But in my career (another savegame) and on almost any other launch the buttons are always on! And its annoyi g because i want do launch without cheats! Anyone who has a solution?

Thanks in advance! 

Ferdoni

Moving to Technical Support.

Perhaps this is a foolish question, but have you tried going back into the debug menu and turning it off?

Bear in mind that the debug cheat settings (such as infinite fuel) aren't tied to a particular savegame-- it's global to KSP, no matter which game you have loaded.

14 hours ago, Snark said:

Moving to Technical Support.

Perhaps this is a foolish question, but have you tried going back into the debug menu and turning it off?

Bear in mind that the debug cheat settings (such as infinite fuel) aren't tied to a particular savegame-- it's global to KSP, no matter which game you have loaded.

Yes whenever I launch I check it and turn it off when its on. But it keeps coming back

4 hours ago, Ferdoni said:

Yes whenever I launch I check it and turn it off when its on. But it keeps coming back

Hm, that does appear troublesome.

Grasping at straws here, but what mods are you running?  anything that might be getting into the mix?

If you open the alt-F12 debug menu, do you see anything interesting in the bug log?  i.e. anything that's spewing lots of exceptions, or something?

When you say "it keeps coming back", what do you mean, exactly?  You go to the the menu, and turn it off, and then later on when you go back you see that the checkbox is checked again?  When does the checkbox come back on?  Every time you re-open the menu?  Every new ship launch?  Every time you restart KSP?  Something else?

If you uncheck the box, does that fix the problem even temporarily?  Or are you permanently stuck in infinite fuel all the time, even right after unchecking the box?

The Kraken... it lives... and its spreading, we're all domed!

My suggestion, load each saved game one after the other, check to make sure its OFF, if not, turn it OFF... save the game, do nothing else....

if that fails, start a NEW game, activate the cheat, then play a bit... then turn it off.... save.... leave the game..

go back to your normal game and.... check.

Not sure where this setting is stored but if its a .cfg file it could be set to read only?

This has been the case for me in the past with settings reverting on a reload in other games.

You may be able to solve this by moving the entire KSP install folder to a non protected location (like "my documents", anywhere but "program files" basically) then set the entire folder and all sub folders to writable by unchecking the read only box in properties.

On 24-3-2016 at 4:22 PM, Snark said:

Hm, that does appear troublesome.

Grasping at straws here, but what mods are you running?  anything that might be getting into the mix?

If you open the alt-F12 debug menu, do you see anything interesting in the bug log?  i.e. anything that's spewing lots of exceptions, or something?

When you say "it keeps coming back", what do you mean, exactly?  You go to the the menu, and turn it off, and then later on when you go back you see that the checkbox is checked again?  When does the checkbox come back on?  Every time you re-open the menu?  Every new ship launch?  Every time you restart KSP?  Something else?

If you uncheck the box, does that fix the problem even temporarily?  Or are you permanently stuck in infinite fuel all the time, even right after unchecking the box?

A couple: AutoRove, EVE, Chatterer, DMagig Orbital Science, FreeIVA, RPM, Kerbal Alarm Clock, KSA, Mechjeb, MK3 internals, ResearchBodies, Scansat, Scatterer, ScienceAlert, Trajectories and Vesselviewer

Ehm I don't see anything odd to be honest. 

That's not clear, I think everytime I restart the game, they're on again. Not always though, just a moment before I unclick the infinite fuel and rcs. Then it doesn't come back until the next time I restart KSP.

On 24-3-2016 at 8:47 PM, Padishar said:

Perhaps it is simply failing to save the settings.  If you make some other changes to the game settings, quit and reload, do the new settings persist or does it revert too?

I don't know, I will try it out asap

On 24-3-2016 at 0:14 AM, kiwi1960 said:

The Kraken... it lives... and its spreading, we're all domed!

My suggestion, load each saved game one after the other, check to make sure its OFF, if not, turn it OFF... save the game, do nothing else....

if that fails, start a NEW game, activate the cheat, then play a bit... then turn it off.... save.... leave the game..

go back to your normal game and.... check.

I don't know if this works because I run also two other sandbox savegames, and each time I have to turn them off, regardless how many times I save them. 

On 25-3-2016 at 0:56 PM, Rocket In My Pocket said:

Not sure where this setting is stored but if its a .cfg file it could be set to read only?

This has been the case for me in the past with settings reverting on a reload in other games.

You may be able to solve this by moving the entire KSP install folder to a non protected location (like "my documents", anywhere but "program files" basically) then set the entire folder and all sub folders to writable by unchecking the read only box in properties.

Not that I know of, I searched for cheat data in the files but i couldn't find any

• 7 years later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.