The "You know you're playing a lot of KSP when..." thread

Phenom Anon X

You know you play too much KSP when: You want to be a Aerospace Engineer

lol, my first year in college as an aerospace engineering major cured me of this. Much respect for those who make the cut.

When I'm regularly having dreams about docking procedures and disastrous aerobraking maneuvers or ill conceived launches...

When my few friends who play think I'm an a-hole because of the things I report that I've accomplished, which are miniscule compared to the things I see fellow forum members doing...

You know you play too much KSP when you start recreating missions from real life, and they actually work, just to cure your boredom.

But perhaps it is when you begin to do hand-calculations for rocket Delta-V, TWR, and Mass.

The moment when I read on this forum, and misread "Better than staging Manley" instead of "Better than starting manned". I don't even begin to understand that. Maybe I should sleep more.

-when you start using "Science homework" as a excuse to play KSP

-you tell your family to shut up so you can focus on your new interplanetary ship

-you twitch when you are watching the movie Gravity (because the orbital mechanics aren't right)

-you find yourself wishing you could have your consciousness put into a career mode KSP game

I may need some help :rolleyes:

-you twitch when you are watching the movie Gravity (because the orbital mechanics aren't right)
I actually watched Gravity recently, and found the iffy orbital mechanics less objectionable than the way Clooney was goofing around with the MMU at the start and the way Bullock spent most of the movie playing the damsel in distress.

/film critic

Anyway, you know you play too much KSP when you wonder why Estes don't sell LV-T30's and Mainsails.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.