The "You know you're playing a lot of KSP when..." thread

Phenom Anon X

When you see pictures of Jupiter, Saturn, etc. and think "What planet is this?" simply because you are so much more familiar with the Kerbal system.

When you see a NASA, Space X, etc. rocket and think "Why do they only build really small rockets?"

When you see a NASA rocket and think "Where are their struts?"

When you are horrified by how little people know and care about orbital mechanics and space science.

When you are horrified by how little people know and care about orbital mechanics and space science.

I don't think this has anything to do with KSP. Just all of our inherent obsession over space.

When you are about to have your first child in about a month and try to convince your wife that Jebediah would be a great name if it is a boy. Seriously!

Oh and you keep forgetting that . only fast forwards time in KSP not any other video you watch.

When you notice that the planets in the "Loading" graphic that appears in the lower-right part of the screen are revolving in the wrong direction.

Could be that the view is oriented from a different angle? :)

Or similar, watching a KSP video on youtube and grabbing the mouse to try to rotate the view.

HAHA yeah I've done that.

When you worry about sending a 2 ton car flipping through the air during a tight turn or hard brake. To clarify, I just recently started driving. Prior to this, my most recent experience with driving was Lunar rovers in KSP. A tight turn with my standard long range rover will send it flying across the Lunar landscape, and if I brake too hard, the rear wheels lift off the ground. This obviously won't happen with a 2 ton car in Earth-normal gravity, but I still worry, for the time being.

Hard to explain this one : in french, rocket and smaking sounds nearly the same (rocket = fusée (read fu-zai), smacking = fessée (read fai-sai)).

So told this evening my 4 old son "If you're not quiet I give you a rocket" (si tu n'es pas sage je te donne une fusée)...

He looked at me kinda wierd, and laught.

KSP is ruining my parental authority ;.;

When you're at a museum and you're looking at an early ground to air missile system thinking 'hmm that rocket looks like something I'd build in KSP. And then your wife looks at it too and says 'you know - that looks like something you'd build in Kerbal.'

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.