The "You know you're playing a lot of KSP when..." thread

Phenom Anon X

When you non-stop whistle the VAB tune.

When you start calculating everything and I mean EVERYTHING, like when's the best time to accelerate while walking around this kitchen table.

When you look at a spaceship and wonder why don't the designers know about KSP so they can design a symmetrical ship because it won't fly straight in space.

Hating the fact in every sci fi show they have the engines running constantly...

When you non-stop whistle the VAB tune.
I find my self doing that from time to time. I think it'd be kinda of cool if there was a KSP sound track. :)
Hating the fact in every sci fi show they have the engines running constantly...

Just wondering, can you give some examples? I've never really thought about it before, then again there aren't that many good scifi shows on like there use to be :/ Apparently "reality" ghost shows and wrestling are more important...I guess the imagine greater part is imagining that it's not scripted...Sorry ...I digress... :)

I find my self doing that from time to time. I think it'd be kinda of cool if there was a KSP sound track. :)

Most of the tracks are royalty-free music from Incompetech.

http://incompetech.com/wordpress/2012/04/groove-grove/

http://incompetech.com/wordpress/2012/04/brittle-rille/

​http://incompetech.com/music/royalty-free/?keywords=%22Sneaky+Adventure%22

Seeing that full moon the other night made me want to go there. I almost felt I could.

Same!

I said Eve instead of Venus a while back. Embarrassing.

I also noticed I was driving the car the same way I had been driving my Eeloo rover the night before: Short bursts of acceleration to not drain the battery, before the panels had time to recharge it.

I also find it annoying when space or science programs give huge speeds in Km/h, or worse, miles/h. They're fine for slower speeds, but I still convert them to m/s sometimes.

Edited by Tw1

I also find it annoying when space or science programs give huge speeds in Km/h, or worse, miles/h. They're fine for slower speeds, but I still convert them to m/s sometimes.

This goes for virtually all stated velocities for me...my spatial intuition has become so sensitive to the understanding of objects moving at velocities of about 0.1-8000 m/s that having to do snap-conversion whenever I seek to understand this value or another is just irritating to me now.

I can't even count how many cups of cold coffee I've tossed out from this phenomenon... and yet I still didn't fall asleep from lack of caffeine!?!

You mean you can be bothered to get up and get a hot coffee??

school projects would be much easier with radial symmetry...

Wasn't expecting this one when I woke up this morning, but... When you have a dream that involves ground texture clipping...

Dream? you mean nightmare....

Edited by zekes

Ok so i drew up a sketch of a battlecruiser last night... then couldn't sleep and for three hours I built the ship in my head as if i were playing KSP. And then i built it again the next morning for real the same exact way as the night before.

I need a life.

• 2 months later...

Was looking up at the full moon some time ago, and I saw a bright white dot next to it. My first thoughts were "Minmus must be close to Mun tonight"...

the thought was really there for a split second, before silently laughing to myself, facepalming and slapping my forehead at the same time.

And checking Map View.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.