What gamemode do you play ?

Elowiny

Your main gamemode  

149 members have voted

1. 1. What gamemode do you mostly play on?

• Sandbox
    • Science
    • Career
    • Sandboxy Career (Like me)

After a handful of missions in career I am never wanting for funds, so I ended up just setting up my game with a bough science to avoid early game grind.

that said, I'm time poor so I've just been messing about in sandbox when I have a spare moment.

I usually play a Career game but in Science mode.
I fire-up a career game, save it, edit it to give me enough money to unlock all building to maximum with say, 500k left-over.
Then play a full career game with contract and Kerbal gaining experience and science grind.

I just hate unlocking all the building to their maximum, so I get rid of it right away, and I still have to be mindful of my spendings (doing contract for more money) or I could go broke.
I love playing like that.

Science Sandbox, cheated in the entire tech tree so I can track what science I get and see actual science reports, some of which are funny and others of which have actual real science in them which is intereseting.

Depends. I ran a stock-ish career for a while, now I'm back to doing one-off missions in RSS. Once 1.1. and RP-0 for it are out, I may give it a shot until Apollo. I rarely go past Duna/Mars in career since it either means waiting for weeks in real life doing less entertaining stuff before finally getting to that one mission out there, or just timewarping through with like a launch every other year. At which point you have to ask yourself why you're not doing this in a sandbox in the first place.

Edited by ptr421

Im from a time when science and career didnt even exist, so for me all these 2 modes do is limit my creativity.  WHile i did give science and career a solid try, i find that it is too grindy early on, and no different from sandbox late game, but with career giving you missions whereas in sandbox i can do the same exact missions but do whatever mission i want to when i want to and how i want to.

Guess im one of the few that prefers a open world without predefined limits or missions that are given to you by the game.  Another reason i can call KSP my all time favorite game, because i can do almost anything within the limits of the game engine (yes im looking at you 2000 part battle cruiser).

That and stock career/science doesnt really fit with my more combative playstyle.  I like to set up factions with various tech levels, ship designs, ect, and then have massive scale battles in space/on land. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.