Blue Origin Thread (merged)

Aethon

1 minute ago, Lukaszenko said:

They were applauding in the hosted webcast right after the video cut off...

That could just simply be because they know the rocket at least made it to the barge, which was pretty doubtful considering the tiny fuel margins they had on this mission. 

Just now, DocM said:

Grain of salt, please

@spacexstatus: Unverified reports that the #Falcon9 first stage experimental landing was a success.

Edited by Camacha

4 minutes ago, Lukaszenko said:

They were applauding in the hosted webcast right after the video cut off...

i think they applauded the successful SECO (which occured a few seconds after the landing tentative) :) heck, they applaud for each successful phase ;)

( i prefer arianespace on that ^^ much less noisy, as they cheer only on payload separation ;))

Edited by sgt_flyer

1 minute ago, benjee10 said:

That could just simply be because they know the rocket at least made it to the barge, which was pretty doubtful considering the tiny fuel margins they had on this mission. 

I was thinking the exact same thing. Applause didn't sound large enough for a landing.

I feel like if there were any news yet about the landing being successful SpaceX would be rushing to broadcast it on the webcast. I'm not going to get my hopes up just yet :') 

EDIT: Wow! That stage reignition was quite something :)

Edited by benjee10

This is the last frame I saw....

csxqsRB.jpg

Where's the kaboom? There could have been a barge-shattering kaboom!

Actually, it could have made a successful off-center landing. I believe the software was changed to aim for "close enough" instead on "on the dot." (Or I might be thinking of New Shepard)

4 minutes ago, WuphonsReach said:

Technical feed and webcast feed on spacex are now within a second of each other.

Yeah, the disparity earlier was confusing, as I had sound from one and sometimes switched to the view of the other. This is much better.