Blue Origin Thread (merged)

Aethon

I've been getting frustrated that they've been scrubbing their launches..... Now I want them to scrub... I would rather wait 9 more days to see them attempt a barge landing rather than a water landing. We all know they're capable of it.

I also want a scrub now.. Where is that range violating sailboat when we need it! Oh, it was sunk by the waves? Awwwwww.

Space Flight Now reports next attempt might be in April:

http://spaceflightnow.com/2015/02/11/spacex-to-forgo-booster-recovery-on-wednesdays-launch/

The decision means the next chance to attempt a full flyback experiment  a challenging maneuver aimed at eventually making SpaceX’s rocket reusable  will likely not come until April, when a Falcon 9 rocket is scheduled to send up a package of supplies to the International Space Station.

We definitely don't want a scrub today, there's too many important missions on the 2015 manifest (including the two abort tests for crewed Dragon and the Falcon Heavy demo flight). The primary mission is always more important than booster recovery. As stated above, the next attempt at landing a booster should be in April when CRS-6 launches for ISS resupply. The next two sat launches won't have the fuel margins for it.

Around here the launch window is just after midnight. I've been trying to see this since sunday night, and in the end they won't even try to land. Damn storms. Well, bon voyage DSCOVR!

Edited by 11of10
sleepy typo

Around here the launch window is just after midnight. I've been trying to see this since sunday night, and in the end they won't even try to land. Damn storms. Well, bon vojage DSCOVR!

Same here, fellow CET citizen :)

B9mP9u1IcAIh9rE.jpg:large

- - - Updated - - -

SpaceX stream has started.

The sight is indeed very beautiful. I really hope everything will go well. Since that failed Antares launch I always feel quite anxious. I guess I got used to being able to launch a rocket in every 10 minutes way too much.

Edited by Reddragon