There's Something Not Quite Right...

Kerbin vonKerbal

7 hours ago, Rath said:

That is...

wow..

(I have this problem too because my builds focus on aesthics and I don't like the yellow sides of decouplers, so I use the next size down and offset it in)

You know there is a much smaller profile 2,5m light blue stripedish decoupler(seperator) that doesn't look as horrid but is as stable as the rockomax?

One of the countless oh my... starting to laugh out loud moments, KSP is so well known and loved for. Ridiculous launch situations never get old. 

Time to install Kerbal Joint Reinforcement or going the classic way with moar strutts.

If I'm seeing the screenshot right, you're using a pair of Tri-couplers.

Probably it has become obvious to you meanwhile, but in such a case only one of the three connections will be linked by the editor. To be more precise: The editor will always just make one connection when placing a new part. That makes certain constructions (rings, pairs of Tri-couplers,...) impossible without using struts as reinforcements or without using docking ports that make a connection after putting the craft on the launch pad.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.